Just Give Up

17

Zayn's POV


Okay, I'll admit it. I was pissed off at her for throwing garbage on my car, but that was easily fixed with a car wash. I was mad at myself for over thinking Harry's comment. We had Skyped a few days after the incident and I ended up asking him about it. Turned out, there was supposed to be a surprise offer for me to return to the band once I finished my job as Renee's body guard.

But I was even more upset at how Renee wouldn't let me explain myself. She wouldn't answer any of my texts or picked up any of my calls. I wanted to say sorry, but how? I didn't want to go all the way to her house, only to stop in front of a locked door. After a week of no talking, I came to the realization that I did like Renee.

Why does it matter whether or not it was a part of my job?

"Want to go out on that date I keep postponing?" I asked her, breaking away from our hug.

"No." She said, shaking her head. "Too lazy." I watched as she leaned and fell back on her bed, yawning.

"Alright then.." I turn her computer on instead. "I'll just check my twitter.." I grinned mischievously.

As soon as I said this, I heard the bed creek from underneath Renee as she bolted upright.

"What for?" She asked, walking over as I typed her password in.

She doesn't notice that I know her computer's password but instead watches the screen as I open up Google Chrome, typing in twitter and signing in. I shrugged in reply, scrolling through tweets of people following, but I wasn't even paying attention. I was waiting for her to notice the small box at the bottom of the page.

Now Trending
@BeingInvisibleForTheDay
@StarbucksHappyHour
@JustinBieberBoyfriendMusicVideo


And the last one, which I had only discovered just that morning.

@ZaynIsTaken

Renee continues to look over my shoulder but after another few seconds, gives up. "I don't get what's so interesting." She complained before walking away.

I snickered to myself before saying, "Come back and I'll show you."

She trudges back over, and I used the arrow, moving it towards the box in the corner. I waited for her reaction.

"Zayn Is Taken?" She reads out loud with a snort. "Is that what you're trying to show me? That's nothing new to me."

I spin around in my chair to face her. "Not only that, come back!"

I click on the link, where it shows me recent posts of people who tagged their tweets.

@tomlinsonsgurl saw the pics of them at the mall! they looked cuter than i thought they would! gahhh:) so happy for them!

@malikmytummy so happy for zayn!!! finally found his princess! still wished it was me tho..

@carlacorelliii ignore the haters, team Zaynee all the way!


I continued to scroll through them, reading nicer ones than I had seen earlier that morning. I turned a 90 degree angle to look at Renee's face. Her skin's complexion was lighter than normal, the light making her skin look as if it were glowing.

"Wow." She breathed. "Anything else you've been meaning to show me?"

Finally, I had reeled her in. I gave her a sneaky smile before turning around to face the computer again, typing in the link I memorized to one of the articles written about us at the mall.

"Hey, Hey, Hey! Answer me." I shook my head, ignoring her.

Finally, the page opened and I scrolled down to the appropriate part of the page, skipping all the ads.

Zayn Found Lurking A Local Mall, Caught With His Special Someone!

Numerous photos have been traced going around Twitter and Facebook, linking to today's topic! Zayn Malik, along with fellow Band members were caught strolling through the mall. But what's different? Zayn had a date.

--------------------------------------------------

I peeked at Renee's face, numerous times. But she had an unreadable look on her face. After about another five minutes she finally looks back at me.

"You scare me every time you do that."

"Do what?" I propped my elbow up on the desk, leaning against it.

"Looking at my eyes. When I look back at you, you're already looking at me. That stuff." She blushes, turning away.

"Does it annoy you?" I asked, sliding over with the chair.

"Kind of, yeah." I was still sliding over. "Stop." She burst out laughing, covering my face with the palm of her hand.

"Hm..No." I grabbed the wrist of her hand, pushing it away.

We end up spending the rest of the day in her room, on her laptop and on her computer just researching up articles about the week beforehand. We scrolled through pages of people's tweets with the tag @ZaynIsTaken. For lunch, we got Francis to order Subway, then delivering it to her room. An indoor picnic.

"I'm bored of this." Renee complained, pushing her laptop away.

We were sprawled out on the floor. Our garbage from lunch had been tossed in the corner of her room. Looking out the window, I could see that the sun was starting to set. I stretched my arms, rolling over to her side, wrapping my arms around her waist., pulling her closer to me.

"Have you talked to Sofia and Mercedes?" I asked her, the memory of the first day flashing back into my mind.

I heard her sigh before replying. "No, I haven't. They usually text me first so I never bothered to text them."

I nodded my head, acknowledging her answer. We stay like that for who knows how long. Just lying down on the floor in each other's arms, I felt happy. I feel Renee's breathing slow down, and before I know it, she's fallen fast asleep in my arms. I can't see her green eyes but I still feel the beauty they possess. Without even thinking I kiss her forehead softly before falling asleep myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Don't know what to say about this one..
As always, the gif is not mine,
And None of the twitter accounts that I used are real..