Boys Like You

Introduction

“Taya, you’ll love the place.” said the woman driving the car.
The girl turned her head and looked at her mother in disbelief.
Tayana Sutton Ryan, was an eighteen year old girl, currently on her way to her new home just outside of London, in some small town called Weybridge. It was a big move for Taya, she wasn’t keen n leaving Australia, even though there was nothing there for her, but it was her home, she’d lived there for the past eighteen years.
Taya hadn’t had the best childhood, or teen years. She moved around a lot, her mother and father were drug addicts. Her father was abusive, and left when she was four, her mother then got a new boyfriend, who was exactly like her father was, always beating her mother. Al most every person in Taya’s life were on drugs, everyone. She couldn’t remember a single person who wasn’t on drugs. But she had to admit, her mother may have been a drug addict, but Taya was always her first priority, she came first, always.
When Taya hit high school she developed post-traumatic stress for what had happened in her childhood, and anxiety. She stopped going to school, her friends slowly backed off, and in the end, Taya was left on her own. She had no idea what was happening to her, all she knew was that she would get these weird feelings, and then the shakes would start and the crying, and then the making excuses why she didn’t want to go to school. But really deep down inside she so badly wanted to go to school, she wanted to see her friends, and learn, but these feelings were fucking with her head, and she couldn’t explain them.
After her mum got rid of all the drugs and abusive boyfriends, she went and became a psychologist, working with mental health patients, and people affected by drugs and alcohol. Her mum was the best person for the job, since she’d experienced all of these things before. When Taya’s mum got the offer to move to the UK she jumped at the chance. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and a great thing for the two to start a new life.
So here we are, on the otherside of the plant, in a whole new country.

All the houses were joined together, much different from the houses in Australia.
It was cold, way too cold for Taya’s liking. Her room was the biggest bedroom, which she was happy about. It was painted a light pink colour, which also made her happy. She placed her three bags down by the built in closet, and just looked around her new bedroom. It was nice. Much nicer than she’d expected. The gorgeous metal antique bed was lovely, unlike anything she’d ever seen before, and she’d always wanted one.
“Taya! Food is ready.” her mother shouted up the stairs.
The girl made her way down the stairs, entering the kitchen. The smell of spagetti bolognese hitting her nostrils.
“Fuck yes! You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this.” Taya spoke, her eyes wide as she took her plate over to the dining table.
Her mother didn’t care about Taya cursing, she knew when it was acceptable, and whom it was acceptable around.
“Did you place all your clothes in the closet?” Her mother asked.
“Yes, all nicely and folded.” She replied, shoving a mouthful of pasta into her mouth.
Her mother smiled at her daughter doing as she was told. “I have work first thing in the morning, till late, so you’ll be here on your own. Internet should be working, aswell as the pay TV, and the fridge is full stocked.”
Taya nodded in response. She thought it was unfair that they weren’t even in the country for a day and her mother already had to start work.
—-
The night went by fast, Taya was so tired. She pressed the little apple button at the top of her computer screen and then clicked on shut down. Watching as the screen went black the girl yawned and closed the screen. The walk to the bed seemed like so much effort, but once she reached the bed she collapsed on it, pulling the covers over her, and snuggling in tight. Within minutes she was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very long time ago I used to roleplay, and just now I've decided to try out my writing ability again. This is my first time writing fanfiction, so I hope it's alright. This is just the introduction, it gets better.