Boys Like You

Chapter 1

The sun shone brightly through the window opposite the bed. Taya rubbed her eyes, with a groan, the sun was too bright. The girl slowly opened her eyes and sat up in the bed. It took her a minute to realise where she was. Her eyes scanned the room until they fell on a piece of paper on the small bedside table. She reached over and grabbed the folded in half piece of paper and opened it.

“Sorry Baby, but work called this morning and I have to go to Bristol for three days. I’ve left money in your bank account if you need anything. I’ll call you tonight. Love you, and remember to lock all the doors.”

A frown appeared on the girls face. She could deal with being home alone for the day, but for three days? No. She was in another country she didn’t know. That was scary as fuck.

Taya tossed the covers back and got up, making her way over to the window. She looked outside, the sun was shinning, but it still looked cold. With a sigh the girl made her way down stairs to the kitchen. She put two pieces of bread into the toaster and stared off out the window, wondering what she was going to do for the next three days. She was certainly going to eventually get bored. Suddenly the toast sprung up and she jumped back, frightened. Witha small laugh teh girl shook her head and put a little butter on the two pieces of toast and then made her way back up to her bedroom, with her food.

What was she going to wear? Well, there was no point in getting all dressed up, since she was inside for the day. So, the girl pulled on some black leggings, with a glamour kills shirt, and some black ugg boots. She took a bite out of her toast before running a brush through her long hair. Her eyes wandered over to her phone and she picked it up, looking at the time; 12:24pm, she read. After finishing her toast she made her way back down the stairs and out into the cold air.

Her eyes wandered all over the street, looking at every house. Her eyes fell on two boys across the street, at one of the houses. They were talking and laughing with each other. She walked over to her letter box and pulled out the three letters that were inside. All were addressed to her mother.

“Hi!”

Taya looked up from the letters in her hands, and saw a boy standing in fron of her, with the cutest smile on his face.

“Umm, hi?!” She said, looking up at the boy.

“Sorry to bother you, but my friend and I saw that you just moved in..” The boy said, his smile still planted on his face as he spoke.

“My friend is having a party tonight, well not a party, just a few of us boys are going to chill. So, we just wanted to know if you wanted to join us?”

Taya, bit her lip, her eyes wandering over to the other boy who was across the street, kicking a stone on the ground.

“I don’t know.” She said, her eyes averting back to the boy infront of her. She was shy, and not good with boys, and she was beginning to feel anxious, her cheeks beginning to heat up a little. The boy seemed really nice, and she didn’t want to be rude or anything, and just reject their invitation.

“Maybe, I’ll have to see what I am doing tonight.” She said, fiddling with the letters in her hands.

The boy just smiled and nodded his head. “Well, if you do decide to come, just knock on the door at around 7pm.” He spoke, holding his hand out. “I’m Dan, by the way.”

She looked down at his hand before reaching out and shaking his hand lightly. “I’m Taya.” She said, as she let go of his hand.

Dan placed his hand back into his jeans pocket, “NIce to meet you, Taya. I guess I will probably see you tonight.” He flashed her one last smile, before turning and making his way back to his friend, across the street.

The girl spun around on her feet, and made her way back into the house. Closing the door behind her, she squealed softly. She’d only been in the UK for just under 24 hours, and she’d already been invited to a party, well not a party, but to hang with some guys. It was exciting to her, because back in Australia, she had no friends, so she was never invited anywhere. But she wasn’t going to go tonight. There was no way! She was too shy, and her anxiety would stop her. And she can’t talk to boys. Boys made her nervous. But she did have to give herself credit for talking to Dan, she wasn’t too bad, there were no freak outs. It went pretty good. Still, she couldn’t go tonight. It would be awkward…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I'd be nice and post the first chapter now.