Boys Like You

Chapter 4

The two sat on the living room floor of Josh’s house, they’d moved on from Taya’s, playing Fifa. Taya had no idea what she was doing, and to her, it was the most boring game she’d ever played.

“Oh come on!” Josh shouted at the TV, throwing the controller down in a huff.

Taya sat there laughing at him.

“It’s just a game, no need to get all angry.”

“It just pisses me off sometimes.” He replied, picking the controller up again.

“Here we go again..” Taya said to herself, quietly so he wouldn’t hear.

The players on the were running all over the screen chasing a ball, Taya was just pressing all the button on the controller, still having no idea what the fuck she was doing. But she’d put up with the shitty game, just to spend sometime having human contact with someone.

“This is so gay.” She spoke, pressing more buttons.

Josh paused the game and looked at his phone.

“Lucky for you, love, Max is here to take me to band practise.” He said, shoving his phone back into the front pocket of his jeans, and getting up, switching the TV and xbox off.

“Well, have fun.” She replied, getting up off the floor and stretching, she’d only been sitting there for about three hours.

“Why don’t you come? You said yesterday you’d like to see us play sometime, so, why not now?” He asked, grabbing his keys, and heading for the door.

Taya followed him, “Dressed like this?” She pointed down to what she was wearing.

Josh chuckled at her, as he looked at what she was wearing, she looked like a right nutter who’d just come out of a mental hospital.

“It’s not like anyone is going to see you, except for the guys, and they won’t care.” He reassured her.

Taya pursed her lips together and looked up at the boy before nodding her head and following him out the door.

Max honked the horn and the two made their way over to the car, Josh opening the back door for Taya. Taya smiled up at him.

“Thank you.”

Josh smiled and closed the door behind her, before getting into the passengers side.

—-

“When do you guys go on tour next?”

“In about a month or so..” Matt replied to the girl.

Taya was sat on top of one of the amps, Josh was standing behind the microphone, Max stood to the side, adjusting his amp, Matt stood around playing a few chords on his bass, Chris stood over to the right tuning his guitar, and Dan sat behind his drums, waiting for the other boys to be ready.

“Then why are you having back practise today?” She asked, interested in it all.

“We have a small show in three days, need to make sure we’re all ready.” Josh said, adjusting his mic stand.

Taya nodded her head as the boys all got into position and Dan started banging his drums, and they all joined in with guitars and bass.

“You should have seen me last night
woking the room had the chests going tight.
I’ve got a theory, all I need is one drink.
I’ve got you breathing all heavy and deep
Gasping for air and down on your knees
you’re in love, but only as long as you’re wanted.”

His voice was lovely, unlike anything she’d ever heard, it made her want to sink to her knees and just watch him perform all day long.

“I’m not sure guys. Maybe we should leave Nasty Habits out.” Josh suggested.

“We haven’t played that song live in ages, it’s good, it fits in with the rest.” Matt chimed in.

Josh shrugged and went back to his mic, glancing over at Taya for a brief second.

The guitars began playing again, but it was much slower this time.

“So this is the end of you and me, we had a good run,
now I’m setting you free to do as you want, to do as you please
without me. Remember when you were my boat, and I was
your sea? Together we’d float so delicately, but that was back we
could talk, about anything. Cause I don’t know who I am when
you’re running circles in my head, and I don’t know just who
you are when you’re sleeping in someone elses bed.
Three whole words, and eight letters late, and that
would have worked on me yesterday, we’re not the same
I wish that could change, but it can’t. And I say your name,
and in the same breath I say something I’ll grow to regret,
so keep keep you hands on your chest, and sing with me,
that we don’t wanna believe.”

And with that all the boys stopped and looked at each other.

“I think we’re all good.” Josh said.

All the boys nodded in response and started unplugging their guitars and packing them away. Taya jumped down off the amp and made her way over to Josh, who was packing the mic away.

Josh looked at up at her and smiled.

“How’d you like us?”

“I thought you were all really great, I loved it, but the singer could have done a little better.” She said in a cheeky tone, smiling at Josh.

“His voice is pretty crap isn’t it?” He said with a laugh, placing the mic away in a box.

Taya smiled up at him. “No really, the singer was fantastic, his voice is glorious.” She said, being 100% honest.

Josh looked down at her and smiled his big toothy smile.

—-

“I’ll just get a small chips.” Taya said to the young girl taking their order.

“Same as her.” Josh added.

“I’ll get the hamburger and chips, thanks.” Max ordered.

The young girl wrote everything down and smiled at the group before walking into the back kitchen.

“I’ll be back in a moment.” Taya said.

Josh slid out of the booth so the girl could get out. The girl smiled at him before making her way to the back of the restaurant. Josh watched as the girl walked off, not taking his eyes off her, until she was out of sight.

Max smirked at Josh, and chuckled to himself, as he placed his glass of coke down onto the table.

“What?” Josh said, spinning his head back around to the laughing boy across from him.

“You, and Taya..” He said.

Josh turned his head to the side slightly, confused.

“What about me and Taya?” He asked, cocking his eyebrow.

Max rolled his eyes.

“You want to fuck her.” He put out there.

Josh’s eyes went wide and he kicked Max’s leg under the table.

“Fuck off! I do not, she’s a nice girl. And I’m still not over Hanna.”

Max frowned when his friend kicked him in the leg.

“Mate, come on, you and Taya have been hanging out for a couple of days now. I can see the way you look at her. You like her.” Max said.

Josh turned his head and saw the girl making her way back to the table.

“I will admit, she has been a distraction from Hanna, and she’s cute, but I have no feelings towards the girl. Now shut up!” He spoke, taking a sip of his drink, before sliding out so the girl could get in.

“So what have you boys been talking about while I was gone?” The girl asked, looking at the two boys.

“Tour stuff.” Josh said, before Max could say anything stupid.

Taya nodded and smiled at the two boys.

“Is you name Taya, or is it short for something?” asked Max, trying to not make things awkward.

“It’s short for Tayana, I hate it. But everyone has called me Taya from birth.”

“I like Tayana, it’s lovely.” Josh said, as the waiter put their plates of food on the table in front of them.

“It’s not that great, and it sounds like an old persons name.”

The two boys laughed at the girl, shoving food in their mouths.

—-

After dinner, Max dropped Josh and Taya back at their street.

“Thanks Max.” She said, flashing the boy a small smile.

“No problem, love.”

“Yeah, thanks mate. I’ll talk to you later.” Josh said, waving to the boy who began to drive off.

Taya began to walk across the street to her house.

“I’ll walk you home.” said Josh, following the girl across the street.

The girl put the keys in the lock and opened the door, turning around to look at the boy. This was one of those moments like in the movies, where the boy kisses the girl.

“Tomorrow did you wanna chill again?” the boy asked.

Taya nodded her head. “I’d love to. But not Fifa again, that is boring.” She said, a smile planted on her lips.

“Alright, no fifa.” He said with a sigh. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He leaned in, an kissed the girl on the cheek.

“Have a good night, Taya.” He smiled at the girl one last time before making his way back across the street and to his house.

Taya closed the door and leaned against the door, a sigh escaping her lips. He was perfect. And at that moment, she realised she had feelings for the boy. She wasn’t sure if he had feelings for her or not, but she was almost sure he had no feelings for her. No boy ever liked her.

—-

“Fuck mate, you’re right. I do have feelings for her.”

Max’s laugh rang through the phone and into Josh’s ear.

“Is this where I say, I told you so?”

“Shut up!” Josh shot back. “What do I do?”

“Mate, you kiss her, tell her you like her.” He replied.

Josh played with the sharpie in his hand.

“I’ve only known her for a couple of days, I can’t kiss her, and declare my feelings for her. She’ll think I am a freak, and What if she doesn’t like me?”

Max sighed through the phone.

“It is possible to fall for someone with a day or so, and you two have been spending quite a lot of time together. And Mate, I think she likes you.”

Josh let out a deep breath before speaking. “Alright, thanks mate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay in posting, guys. I had an assignment due that I left till the last minute, and it was driving me crazy.

I hope you're all liking the story. I am a little disappointed in my writing after this chapter, I keep getting distracted, and going off the storyline, and messing up dates and things,s o if things get a slightly bit confusing, or don't match up, sorry.