Falling In Love Alone

What Is This Feeling?

So school had finished and I had been at home for at least 2 hours before I heard a knock at my door. At first I thought it might be Jack or Alex coming to pick me up so we can go to Rian's but I figured they where way to early and with my mum still out, I HAD to get the door, despite my laziness fighting against it.
Pulling the door open, I smiled brightly at the two boys in front of me, my first thought was right.
"Hey! You ready?" Jack questioned as Alex stood next to him acting all awkward and shy
"Hi... erm yeah but I kinda need to wait for my mum to come back before I go anywhere, so do you wanna come in?"
The two boys looked at each other with a nod as I moved to the side as they made their way into my... 'humble' home.
I directed them to the kitchen but It seemed like Jack already knew where every room was.
"All the houses on this block have the same layout... I live like 5 doors down!" He spoke as he sat himself upon a stool that surrounded the breakfast bar.
"So... how do you like America so far?" Alex questioned perking himself next to Jack as just occupied the end of the table, looking across at them both.
"Its, different. mostly the weather and the people but I guess I could get use to it... I'm gonna have to get use to it" I spoke with a tone of laughter laced my words.
"So why did you decided to move back here?" Jack questioned, his simple little mind make me laugh mostly every time he spoke.
"Bored of me already?" I questioned, hoping to be as serious as possible.
"No, No, just wondered..."
"Yeah I know!" I laughed "It wasn't really my choice to come here, it was my mums you see my dad not long past away and he had always wanted us to move back here so..."
"Oh... gosh, I'm so sorry" Alex spoke with sympathy.
Suddenly our conversations got serious... for the first time that day. I smiled at them as I thought of my dad and how he would react to the fact there was two boys in our kitchen.
Tears streamed down my face but the smile stayed there as if I wasn't even aware of the tears.
"Wait ago Jack, you made her cry!"
"Oh, no... Its fine. I do it every now and again."
although I had wiped my tears away and I assured them I was OK, Jack still insisted a hug would make me feel better and I had no reason to decline his offer. As he wrapped his arms around me, I found myself instantly comfortable and oddly enough, safe and it was odd, he was stick thin... probably thinner than me and he had no muscle on him what so ever but I felt something... 'what is this feeling?' I kept asking myself as he pulled away.
"Thanks!" I laughed before my front door opened and a 7 year old came running in like he was an aeroplane followed by my mum who held about 6 brown backs in her arms.
"Hey sweetie!" She spoke and as she did, she felt the weight of the bags leave her arms... It seems Alex and Jack had decided to help her; such gentlemen.
"Oh... you got me helper boys!" she laughed as she came over to me and hugged me a little.
"Mum, this is Jack and Alex" I smiled, introducing them properly.
"Nice to meet you boys and thank you for your help!" She smiled at them as they assured her it was no bother and that it was a great pleasure meeting her.
"Well, I'm going to go up stairs and try sort out your brother's room."
"Oh, erm, Is it ok if I go out?"
"Oh sure, be in for 9! love you sweetheart!"
She smiled as she walked up stairs with my brother.
"Your mom's cool!"
I smiled at Alex's comment before I grabbed my jacket and we left for Rian's house.
************
When we got to Rian's I give him a small hug before sitting in his kitchen where his mum seemed to cater over the 3 boys.
"We just need to wait for Zack and we can get started!" Rian spoke he played with the water bottle in front of him
"Its so great to see they finally have a friend that's a girl!"
I couldn't help but laugh at Rian's mum's little out bursts, they entertained me for a short while. The doorbell went off shortly and Mrs. Dawson scurried out of the door leaving me, Alex and Jack in fits of laugh and Rian rolling his eyes.
A few seconds later, Rian's mum came in with another boy who looked about are age, He has similar hair to Jack's but shorter, he seemed a little bit more; muscular than the others. He was quite the looker to be honest.
"Brit, this is Zack... Zack this is Brit!"
"Hi!" He smiled at me with a small nod
"Hey!" I replied before looking back at Rian, not sure what to do... I was always so awkward meeting new people.
After that we all made our way down to the basement where they had a little preforming area set up with a beanbag in the conner of the room.
"This... is where the magic happens"
"Oh Jack you're such a douche!"
"Fuck you Alex!"
I laughed at their encounter as Zack pulled the beanbag a little closer to the set, so I was going to be sat directly in the conner of the room and I thanked him before taking my seat.
"OK, we are going to start off with Blink today guys, Is that OK?" Alex questioned whilst the rest set up their instruments and nodded at his question.
After Jack had finished tuning his guitar he simply walked over to me and crouched down to my level.
"You know if you ever want to talk to someone about your dad, you can come to me!" he whispered with a smile.
I nodded, thankful for the gesture. It was thoughtful and sweet which only made me grow fonder of the boy.

**************
OK, I know, not the best chapter ever and it wasn't by far as long as the other one!
But i guess you could say this is just a teaser for the next chapter; we find out what happened to Brit's dad and something happens... something she regrets.