Falling In Love Alone

Pouring Your Heart Out To A Stranger.

After a few hours of them playing covers and one of their own song's I was pleasantly surprised.
"So... what do you think?" Alex asked with the biggest smile on his lips.
"It was amazing! You guys are really good!" I replied.
They seemed pleased with my feedback and started to put things away as I stood up I waited to be approached by one of them, thankfully Rian did just that.
"The guy's are staying here tonight but if you want, we will walk you home?"
"Oh no, that's cool... I remember how I got here!" I smiled, hopefully persuading them I was OK getting home.
"OK then..."
"No, I'll walk her home. I forgot something at mine anyway!" Jack interrupted.
I looked around the room to see glares at Jack followed by sniggers.
"Come on lets go!" He added rolling his eyes at the three who seemed to find it entertaining, for what reason, I do not know.
I simply waved goodbye to Alex and Zack and give Rian a small embrace before following Jack back up the stairs and out of the house.
"So, what did you forget?" I questioned, hoping to get some sort of conversation started.
"Oh, my clothes for school tomorrow!" He replied.
I just nodded, for some reason I didn't believe him possibly because I saw his spare change of clothes in the kitchen before we left but then again that could have been anyone's.
"I meant what I said you know!"
"Hu?"
"About being here if you need someone to talk to about your dad or... whatever."
I allowed a genuine smile pass my lips before I nodded.
"Yeah, thanks. Means a lot."
"What did he die of... if I may ask."
I took a deep breath and bit my lip before itching the back of my head.
"I'd rather talk about it... at home, If that's cool."
He began to nod before I had even finished the sentence.
***********
The rest of the walk home was entertaining, Jack made me laugh many times which made my day a little better. When we entered my house, I saw my mom attempting to cook and I let Jack in after me.
"Home!"
"Hey sweetie!"
I just laughed as I looked at Jack then at my mom.
"Ms Best, you need to turn the cooker on 100 otherwise it wont cook!" Jack offered his help.
"Oh... Oh thanks darling!" she spoke kindly, obviously thankful of the help. "You can call Dee."
"Jack Barakat!" He smiled warmly.
"Hey mum, Is it okay if me and Jack go upstairs for a little while?" I had to ask her so that she didn't think we was up to anything... Mothers!
"Oh sure! Do you want some dinner?"
"No thanks mum!"
"What about you Jack!"
"I wont pass up free food. Sure!" He smiled before following me upstairs I simply sighed and threw myself on my bed, looking up at Jack who laughed at me.
He looked over at my small keyboard and cocked his eyebrow up.
"You play keyboard?"
"No... Piano, but because we moved I had to get a Keyboard with a Piano setting!" I laughed before chewing my lip.
"Do you write songs?" He questioned and I nodded.
"Only a few. Mostly about my dad." I answered truthfully.
"Play one?"
I nodded at his request before going over to my pathetic excuse for a keyboard and put it on piano mode and began to play:
"I'm so tired of being here, suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave
Your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone
These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase
When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me
You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now, I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me
These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase
When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me
I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me, I've been alone all along
When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me."
********************
Halfway through the song, I started crying but I kept going. After I had finished I looked over at Jack who simply pulled me into a hug and I just cried and cried until he lifted my head up, it was like pouring my heart out to a stranger but it felt right.
My mom then shouted us down, despite the fact I declined dinner, she made me some anyway. As we scattered downstairs, we simply had a quite dinner with minor chit chat in-between, mostly between my mom and Jack. After we had finished, I suggested that Jack must go back to Rian and the rest he declined a few times before I assured him that if I needed him, I would come get him.
I sighed as I hugged him goodbye and shut the door behind him, I felt refreshed... like I had finally lifted some of the weight off my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO.
Well, before you all scream at me... I know its and Evanescence song, if you want to go listen its called My Immortal... it simply just fit what my character was feeling so I used it.
Anyway thank you to all my subscribers; sorry I haven't posted in like 2 weeks or whatever, I've just been busy.
LOVE YOU.
Shannon ox.