Falling In Love Alone

A.V.R.I.L

Mentally preparing myself for the school day I looked in the mirror and bit my lip a little all I could think about was that kiss with Jack... I know I said that we should forget about it and he agreed but I'm starting to think that he never really wanted to kiss me anyway but a bigger question was, Why am I bothered? A knock on the door corrupted my thoughts. I made my way to the door to great whom ever it was so early in the morning. It was the guys, including Jack.
"Hey!" I spoke quietly, my mom was still asleep and I didn't plan on waking her.
They all just smiled at me, quite creepily.
"Lift to school?" Rian asked pointing in the direction of his car.
I smiled and nodded before grabbing my bag.
"You can sit next to Jack if you like!" Alex slyly said and I saw a slightly annoyed nudge from Alex. I just went bright red and I questioned my being with them today.
"Don't listen to him, You can sit next to me!" Zack kindly offered and I nodded and followed them out of my house.
Walking down my drive towards Rian's car I couldn't keep my eyes off Jack but before anyone could catch me, Zack nudged me. Right now, I liked Zack more than the others.
"So, you coming to Rian's party tonight?" he questioned, too keep my occupied but it seemed to start a conversation between us all and I just shook my head.
"What why?" Rian questioned clearly offended I declined his offer.
"The party scene's just not my type of thing!"
"Awe but please! We are playing!" He pleaded unlocking his car.
"Okay then!"
"Great, Alex and Jack will pick you up!" He replied and got in the car with Alex and Jack. I looked over at Zack and he shrugged, even he couldn't get me out of this one.
************
School was dreadful, Lesson's were boring and Jack didn't utter a word to me! I mentally slapped myself for getting so close to him in a short couple of days. As I finished off my hair and make-up and picked out a tank top reading 'All Time Low' which where lyrics from one of my favourite songs and coincidently the name of Rian's band. I pulled my shorts up a little higher so it hugged my waist right and slipped on my favourite pair of converse. Then came the part I dreaded. The door bell!
"Mum, will you get that?!" I questioned looking down the stairs, watching as my mom allowed both boys, keeping them in the hallway she started talking to them, rushing downstairs, I attempted to stop her from saying anything embarrassing.
"You ready to go?" Alex questioned.
I looked at my mum as she smiled simply and held on tightly to her tub of ice cream with a spoon sticking out.
"Yeah, See you later mum!" with that I received a very cold kiss on the cheek from my mum and her frostbite lips. It wouldn't surprise me if I walked in and she was passed out with ice cream overdose.
Following Alex to the car, I was left dawdling behind with Jack. Great.
"You look great!" He whispered and I looked at him with nothing more than a smile.
"Yeah! Great job on the top! Promoting our band, fucking awesome!" Alex added unlocking his car and I just laughed.
"Thanks!" Was all I could think of getting in the back of the car with Jack. A girl was sat at the front looking all dolled up with a nice fitting black dress, her hair perfectly curled and dark red lipstick covering her lips. I looked at Jack puzzled and he just whispered 'Lisa'. Now it made more sense. Lisa was Alex's girlfriend and I could see why he picked her, she was beautiful, slim but being stereotypical, like I am, I questioned her personality; was she with him cause she thought one day he would be a big rockstar? cause she was a lonely whore? or did she have no other motive then love?
"Hi Im Lisa!" She quickly span around and greeted me with her pearly whites. She was defiantly a happy person.
"Hi, Brittany!" I smiled back although I felt flawed compared to her and a little under dressed of the occasion.
"If you ever need some girly time, come find me. Must be stressful being with the lad's all day!" she added and I laughed, she wasn't wrong. Although the guys were great, I missed having that girly comfort.
"She's quite conformable with Jack!" Alex added and I couldn't help but slap the back of his head.
"Dude!" Jack added before rolling his eyes.
***********************
When we arrived at the party, it was everything I expected it to be. Girls dressed in the sluttest of clothing, grinding up against guys, they probably didn't even know the name of. Beer flying from all directions and a bunch of horny guys, peeping through a key hole to see their friends fucking a cheerleader. I hated it.
"BRIT!" I heard a large roar coming towards me and I turned my head to see Rian with arms open.
"Ri!" I smiled and hugged him back before he kept content on my shoulder and used me as a leaning post.
"Ready to rock this house?" He questioned as I saw the other members of All Time Low emerge including Lisa who was laced around Alex's arm like a bracelet.
"What?"
"The guys want to go all out. They need an opening act and well, You are the only one they know who can sing well enough to do just that!" Lisa spoke hoping to help out my confusion.
"No no no no no! I cant. I don't have a band!"
As soon as I said it, I saw 4 guys in the conner of my eye, with a beer in the hand, listening to the conversation.
"Sure you do. Dean and James play guitar, Conor plays base guitar and Luke plays drums... They need a singer and I thought of you!" he spoke with a smile on his face, I was gob smacked.
"But we haven't reher..."
"You know Blink 182 songs, they play Blink 182 songs!" He replied and I just couldn't really say no.
"What's your band's name?"
"AVRIL" One replied he was rather tall, much taller than me and wasn't at all ugly, the one Rian pointed to when he names James.
"Why AVRIL?" I questioned, it wasn't exactly the norm for band name.
"We all have an French Canadian background." he added before I nodded " Well, all apart from you!" he nodded although he didn't seem to mind.
"Okay?" I spoke, still in shock at the fact I was about to sing in front of a house full of people.
As they walked away towards the small preforming area, I looked at Zack and bit my lip.
"Am I in a band?" I questioned and he just laughed and nodded and pointed to the stage.
Stepping up on the small platform I looked down at all the horny teenagers and then back at the... my band?
"Hey we're AVRIL "
♠ ♠ ♠
I know short and rubbish but this is an important piece to the puzzle of my chapters.
Any way, I enjoy writing this, readers or not! Thank you to everyone who commented previous chapters. I LOVE YOU.
Enjoy... hopefully the next chapter will be A LOT better.