Status: We'll see

Devil in the Details

001

When Ryan thinks of life, he thinks of people he isn't.

It's easy to slip into ideals that don't apply. Like, you can walk into a shop and you won't find the t-shirt you want, or the jeans you want, but you'll find the ones society want. The cat walk rip offs and the 'bright ideas'. And you'll buy them because you've seen them in posters, magazines and adverts, and you think they'll look nice because of there association with beautiful people.

You want to be a beautiful person.

You really do.

So you'll buy those clothes and you'll wear them and you'll go out to places deemed popular by societies current standards, and you'll be wary of certain looking people because society has told you they are bad. You won't take drugs because the law says no, but sometimes society will say yes but society's laws will say no. You can not win.

They say society has taken over our lives. That it is forcing us into things we don't want to be. Everyone blames society, society is the bane of our existence yet we conform to it with open arms.

We. Are. Society.

We judge people based on what society has told us is normal. And if we're not societies normal, then we judge the normal people for taking on societies normal. We will call them sheep, while we ourselves become the herd. A different one, but a herd nonetheless.

If society is to blame, then we must blame ourselves. We must hate ourselves for conforming and not conforming, we must look at ourselves in disgust because we are not beautiful, and because we call ourselves ugly because society has told us we are. We believe society, because we are society.

When Ryan looks in the mirror, he sees himself.

And that's more than he can say for the others.