In Between

Chapter 4

"Danni you're home early" Mr. Michelson said to his daughter looking over the top of his newspaper.
"Ya I don't feel that good I'm just gonna take a nap" Danni responded walking up the stairs.
"Well there's something in the living room for you" her dad said a playful smile spreading across his face as he laid the paper down on the table. Danni gave him a quizzical look and slowly walked down the stairs. She turned the left to go into the living room and there he was sitting on the couch watching t.v.
"Eric!" Danni screamed running into her brother arms as he stood up and hugged her.
"Hey kiddo, how you been?" he asked holding her out at arms length to look at her.
"I'm really tired but I'm good" Danni said smiling. Eric had been studying abroad for school and had been away for almost a year. Eric was four years older than Danni but they had always been very close.
"Alright go take a nap we'll catch up later" Eric said pushing Danni towards the stairs. She laughed and walked back up the stairs to her room.
Danni got up to her room and flopped down onto her bed. She was suddenly exhausted. She rolled over to look at her clock, 2 pm. She had plenty of time to sleep and get ready for Amy's party.

Amy walked into her house and dropped her bag on the floor.
"I'm home" she called walking into the kitchen. She knew no one was home but part of her wished that for once someone would answer back. She looked at the kitchen table and saw that her parents had left her a note.
[i[Went to the city. Be back tomorrow night. Love you.
Amy threw the note back on the table and sighed. She sat down and ran her hands through her hair then dropped her head onto the table. Her parents were almost never home anymore, as much as Amy liked the constant freedom she missed having them around. She envied that about Danni, her family was always around. Amy looked at the microwave clock, 2 pm. She had loads of time to get ready, although it was going to be a pain without Danni's help. Amy sat there wondering why Danni had suddenly left, she hoped she wasn't sick. Amy picked up her cell phone and started to text Danni, she stopped mid way through. If she texted Danni then Danni would come over and they would start decorating and when John got there Amy wouldn't be able to spend alone time with him. I should just let Danni sleep she thought. Amy leaned back and closed her eyes. This was the last summer before college, she was terrified. What was she going to do with out her best friend? This was the last summer of real partying before school, she had to make the most of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe