Secret

Samantha

Samantha Cooper sat at the edge of her queen sized bed and sighed. She was tempted to call Joshua but she refrained. That wouldn't be the best thing right now.

She stood and sighed. It had been a long day at school and she really just wanted to eat and sleep. Her door creaked open just then.

"I invited Joshua over,"her mom spoke as she leaned against the door frame, "for dinner."

It took Sam a couple seconds to understand what her mother had said.

"Um..what?"she asked, sitting on her bed again. If she didn't she probably would have tipped over.

"I invited Joshua over for dinner," her mom repeated.

"W..why?"

"We need to talk to him," her mother said firmly, "so get dressed. He's on his way over."
Her mom slid the door closed and creeped out, leaving Sam sitting on her bed, speechless.

_________________________________________________

"So Joshua," Sam's mother began, trying to clear the air at the table probably. No one had been speaking. Sam had pretended to become so interested in her food, her dad had pretended he was suddenly busy with something for work and her mom had just been awkward.

"Yes Ma'am?" he spoke quickly, playing with the sleeves of his shirt.

"You understand what kind of issues would arise if word got out?"she asked and Joshua nodded, "Have you told anyone?"

"No Ma'am" he answered quickly, terrified at what Mrs. Cooper may have in store for him.

"You're so innocent today," Mrs. Cooper snapped, "You weren't so innocent last year when you-"

"Mom!" Samantha cut her off and stared sympathetically a Joshua, "The point is, we both played a part and all want this to remain a secret." Her mom nodded, and Josh looked down at his hands.

"And it's going to stay that way," her mom cut in. Joshua nodded, "But I've heard some rumors."

Joshua looked up when she said that and blurted out ," I haven't told anyone, I promise."

Samantha's mom nodded and stood, taking their plates and heading to the sink, "Good."

She left both of them there, secretly hoping that they'd make up. Maybe she was just a romantic, even though she didn't want them to know that.

"Sam we have to talk," Joshua spoke urgently, scooting closer to her when he thought Mrs. Cooper had left.

She nodded and sighed, "I know.."

Before she could say anything else he leaned in, lifting her chin and planting a kiss right on her defenseless lips.

"I love you so much," he whispered to her when he was done, "It doesn't matter what we did or if you move away again, I'm always gonna love you." He wiped the tears that were falling from her eyes. and waited...hoping she would-

"I love you too," she finally let slide through her lips.

Finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys know Samantha's secret? Comment it c:
Comments/Criticisms welcome.