Secret

Mimi

Mimi frowned as she looked down at her cellphone screen.

'Sorry for not showing up today,' the text read, 'Brandon needed me.'

Mimi scowled and continued walking down the empty street. Like it wasn't bad enough that her bitch of a 'best friend' ditched her. Now she finds out that she ditched her for her brother?! That little freak?

It's not like Mimi hated Ashley's brother, it's just that... It was complicated, and she was the type of person that preferred to suppress her feelings, rather than think about them.

Her phone buzzed again in her pocket. She looked down at it and gulped.

"You have the money?" the person asked when she answered.

"Yes," Mimi replied, " Could you hurry up and come get this? It's cold and dark, and my feet are soar."

"I'm almost there," the person on the other end snapped back, "Just stay there."

Mimi shoved her cell back into her pocket when she heard the dial tone and wrapped her arms around herself. She was at the curb, about 2 blocks from her house, waiting for this stranger.

She hummed to herself and swayed, trying to warm herself up. When she got home she'd make herself a nice warm cup of hot chocolate. Or maybe she'd call Sam over to see if she wasn't still busy. Sam had this perfect way of making hot chocolate, that would make Mimi just melt.

The money in her hands was starting to feel heavier by the second. The least this guy could do was show up early when your going somewhere to collect money. Especially when he was a blackmailer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments/Criticisms welcome