Status: Revising:)

What's a Little Vertigo

Ch.1

"I am so sorry babe. Please, you don't have to do this."
I looked at my boyfriend of two years in disbelief and shook my head in attempt to keep the tears from falling. I wasn't about to let him see me cry.
"I made a mistake. Don't walk out of our relationship over this."
My voice shook as I spoke. "A mistake Gabe? You've been fucking my bestfriend for the past three months. How is that a mistake?"
"If I could take it back, I would." Gabe said softly, as he took my hand in his own. Yanking my hand away from the boy, I crossed his bedroom and placed the bracelet he had gotten my on the small nightstand beside his bed. He raked a hand through his blonde hair.
"Yeah, well, it's too late for that now, isn't it." I brushed past the boy out of the room and toward the door leading out of his house. As I began to open the door, I felt a warm hand wrap around my wrist and pull me back inside.
"Don't leave like this Megan!" Gabe yelled, slamming the door shut. I tried escaping his grip, but his hold tightened like a vice around my wrist.
"Let go Gabe," I told the boy, pulling away from him.
"You aren't going to leave me like this!" I winced as he harshly pulled me towards him. I had rarely seen Gabe this pissed, and he never had acted aggressive towards me.
"Stop Gabe, you're hurting me," I told him, staring into his bright green eyes. I didn't recognize any emotion other than anger.
"Tell me you aren't going to leave," he hissed.
"Stop!" I cried as his strong hand continued to crush my wrist.
"God, you're such a bitch," he growled, throwing me his other hand towards me, hitting my nose and left cheekbone. The force sent me crashing into the door and onto the hard floor. It felt as though time had stopped.
"B-ba-baby?" I heard Gabe stutter in shock from above me. The blonde boy placed a hand on my back. I flinched at the contact, and pushed him away as pain began creeping across my face. I needed to get away from Gabe before he snapped again. Leaping onto my feet, I swung the door open and bolted down the front steps, continuing until I reached a small park. I released a loud sob as I touched my face, noticing blood leaking from my nose. Taking a deep breath in attempt to calm my self, I shimmied my cellphone from my back pocket and scrolled through my contacts until I landed on my older brother, Matt. I really did not want to be alone right now. Usually I would have gone to my bestfriend, but seeing as this whole incident revolved around the backstabbing whore, she wasn't really an option. Calling Matt's number, the phone rang twice before he answered.
"Hey little Sis. What's up?" I took another deep breath, holding back my tears, before responding.
"Hey Matt, is there any way you can come get me?"
"Well, I'm with the guys right now," he began. "Why? What's wrong?" Fuck of course he would be with his band right now. Matt plays guitar and does backup vocals for the band Marianas Trench with his high school friend, Josh, and two other guys, Mike and Ian. They have been working hard over the past few months, in hope they would be signed onto a label. Sighing shakily, I leaned up against the metal framing of a playground structure.
"Can you come and get me? I promise I won't bug you guys. Please Matt." I heard my voice crack as a solitary tear fell down my face.
"Megan? Are you okay?"
"Just come get me! Please Matt! Please!" I exclaimed as the waterworks began again. I choked on a sob and slowly slid down into the woodchips, pulling my knees up to my chest.
"Shhh. Megan, calm down. I'm on my way, okay? Where are you?" my brother questioned. I could hear murmuring in the background, and the worry etched in Matt's voice.
"In the park by Gabe's house."
"Alright, stay there. I'll be there in a few."
"Okay," I whimpered as Matt hung up his phone. Hopefully Matt would get here soon, I thought to myself as I rested my head on my knees.

About twenty minutes had passed by the time Matt's car pulled up beside the park. I heard the car doors open and the sounds of shoes against the pavement.
"Megs?" I heard Matt question, when I didn't remove my head from my knees. My older brother knelt beside me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" I shook my head in response and leaned into Matt's side.
"What's wrong?" Silently, I slowly lifted my head and turned to face Matt, noting Mike, Josh and Ian standing off to the side. "What the hell happened!?" Matt asked in a shocked tone. He reached out to touch my face, frowning when I flinched away.
"Gabe," I told him simply, wiping the tears off of my face and sniffling.
"Gabe did this to you?" In a matter of seconds, I saw my brother's emotions shift from worry and shock to pure hatred and fury. His face turned a bright red, while his brown eyes darkened, and hands trembled. Matt shot onto his feet and began running towards the street. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!" he yelled in anger. Mike and Ian followed after Matt, while Josh held out a hand and pulled me onto my own feet.
"Thanks," I said with a partial smile, as I released his hand. "And I'm really sorry about this. If I had known you guys were working, I would've found someone else to call." Josh placed his arm around my shoulders comfortingly, as he began leading me in the direction Matt had just gone.
"Don't apologize. You are way more important than some song. I've known you for awhile now. You wouldn't have called Matt if you didn't need him. Besides, watching Matt smash this little fuck's face in, will make it all worthwhile. Maybe I'll even get to throw a few swings." I laughed nervously, causing Josh to glance curiously at me.
"You don't think Matt will hit Gabe, do you" I asked as we reached the street. I might be hurt and angry over everything my boyfr…ex-boyfriend has put me through, but that didn't' mean I wanted to cause him harm.
"I know for a fact, that Matt will be aiming to kick this prick's ass into next Wednesday. But Mike and Ian will probably keep him from spilling too much blood." Josh paused as we reached Gabe's driveway. We quickly made our way up to Gabe's house; the door was open and a very upset Matt, who was being held back by Mike and Ian, could be seen.
"What the hell kind of guy punches a girl, let alone his girlfriend of two years?" Matt growled.
"I didn't mean to hit her," Gabe replied. "I was pissed, she was trying to leave, and I let my anger get the best of me."
"You let your anger get the best of you? Goddammit, you messed her fucking face up!" My brother fumed, lunging forward in attempt to break Mike and Ian's hold on him. Removing Josh's arm from around my shoulders, I entered the house and walked over to Matt.
"Chill," I murmured. "He's not worth it." Matt snorted and laughed without humor.
"Fine," he stated before turning his attention back to Gabe. " If you ever come within twenty feet of my sister, I will personally shove my foot so far up your ass, you'll be coughing up my shoelaces for a week."
Mike and Ian released Matt as we exited the house and walked the short distance back to the car.
"Well, that was interesting. Ian said as we began piling into the small vehicle. "Needless to say, I've never seen that side of you before, Matt."
"You would have done the same thing if some asshole hit your little sister." Matt replied as he climbed into the driver's seat. I slid into the back with Ian, only to be followed by Josh; Mike sat upfront with Matt. "Speaking of my sister, are you okay Megan? You aren't dizzy or anything, right?"
"I'm fine, my nose is sore and I'm a little upset over this whole thing, but I'll survive. Mom and Dad are going to shit gold bricks when they find out though."
"Well they aren't going to be home for another week," Matt stated as he started the car and pulled onto the road. My Dad was on a business trip in the States, and my Mom had decided to go with him, leaving me with Matt. "Regardless, make sure you stay away from him Megs, and if he comes anywhere near you, let me know."
"I think I'll tell someone other than you, Matt." My brother glanced at me in the rearview mirror, raising his eyebrows.
"Why?"
"I don't want you getting yourself arrested," I told him. Mike laughed and nodded his head.
"She's right dude, we sort of need you to stay out of prison if we have any hope of making a name for ourselves." Matt scowled and rolled his brown eyes forcing me to sigh.
"I promise I will tell you or one of the guys if he approaches me, alright?" I said in attempt to reassure my brother. Fortunately, it seemed to work.
"Fine, just stay away from him," Matt said once again as he pulled into our driveway. "I don't want him to hurt you again." I nodded as I leaned into the front seat and gave Matt a quick hug.
"I'll see you in a few hours," I told him as I released him and began climbing over Josh in order to get out of the car. Josh wrapped his lanky arms around my waist, keeping me from exiting the vehicle. I stared at him curiously.
"Yes Joshua?"
"I think I deserve a hug too." I giggled and awkwardly wrapped my arms around his torso."Are you going to be alright by yourself? You can come with us if you want," he whispered in my ear. I glanced at my house briefly, thinking about his offer for a few moments.
"Thanks Josh, but I'll be fine. If I get bored I'll drop by." I told him with an appreciative smile as I reached out to ruffle his shaggy, light brown hair. Jumping out of the car, I waved to the boys and made my way to the front door.
"Thanks for all of your help guys!" I yelled as the car began backing down the drive and I entered my house. God, I am lucky to have those boys in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Megan
Megan's Outfit

Awwwh. Matt is a protective older brother. :)
Comment...please? :)