Status: Revising:)

What's a Little Vertigo

Ch.9 (Josh's P.O.V.)

"Dude, was that really necessary?" I questioned Matt as I walked out from the dressing room, sporting a pair of black skinny jeans.
"What are you talking about Ramsay?" Matt shot back with venom. He was obviously upset over something Megan had done. In the past few years that I had know Matt, I'd never seen him talk to his sister in that way. Megan was really all he had…in the family sense anyways.
"You kinda snapped at your sister. You were the one that forced her into coming with us. Don't take your problems out on her." Matt sighed, pulling his attention from the clothing rack positioned in front of him.
"Look man. She's just been getting on my nerves a bit lately. I've tried talking to her, but she never listens. You're right, I shouldn't have snapped. I'll apologize when we see her in a little bit." He ran a hand through his wavy brown hair, making sure to swipe a thin layer of sweat from his forehead. To be honest, I didn't really understand Matt. I knew his parents were extremely supportive of his musical endeavors, and have pretty much given him anything he could ever want. But I think that the large amount of traveling his parents have done throughout his childhood, has gotten to him in a way. Megan doesn't really show any emotion when I mention her parents. Unlike Matt, I have learned that her parents don't support her career choice in any way. She's told me on countless occasions, that she doesn't see eye to eye with her parents, and in turn has gotten guidance from her older brother. All in all, I believe it's a touchy situation, and I like to keep my nose out of it.
"Josh…are you really planning on wearing those?" Mike asked warily, looking at the pants I was still wearing.
"I think so. They're kinda cool."
"Dude, they definitely show off your junk a little too much." I glared at the curly haired man and scoffed.
"Shut up Mike."

"If i know my sister, she should be in one of the clothing stores nearby, she usually doesn't stray too far away." I followed close behind the other members of our group, as we searched the different stores for my girlfriend. Matt was right when he had said that Megan doesn't really stray too far away. But we had checked nearly every store within the long hallway and she was still nowhere to be found.
"Maybe she got thirsty or something?" Ian offered, trying to calm Matt. Matt always worried about Megan, and that worry could turn into anger. He wasn't one to let Megan go off in a heavily crowded area by herself. I wonder if he's regretting what he said?
"No. She doesn't really find mall food all too appetizing." Matt commented, looking at his phone. "Where the hell is she?"
"Don't worry dude, we'll find her." Mike said in a comforting way, trying to appease Matt.
"I'm not worried about her, I'm ready to strangle her." Matt exclaimed harshly. "What's the point of a cellphone if you aren't going to answer it?" In a way, Matt was right for being mad. We had been searching high and low for Megan, when she could have just answered her phone.
"I don't understand why she wouldn't answer anyone's phone calls. She always answers mine." I huffed, shoving my hand into my pocket. "Maybe she went out to the car?" Matt nodded his head and turned in the opposite direction, leaving us to follow. I could tell from the look on his face, that he wasn't in the mood for Megan's games.
"Why does she have to wander off?" he growled, most likely talking to himself.
"Well, I don't think that basically telling her to 'fuck off' is helping your case at all." Ian grumbled, obviously getting tire of the sibling rivalry between Megan and Matt.
"Ian, if you don't shut up, I'll shove my foot up your ass." Matt snapped, swinging a large glass door opened and walking outside. I sighed and followed, looking up towards the gray Vancouver sky, until a vibrating against my leg brought me out of my reverie. Pulling the phone from my pocket, I glanced down at the lit up screen.
"Megs? Where the hell are you?" I yelled into the speaker. Matt, Ian, and Mike stopped dead in their tracks. "We've been searching for you for an hour now. Where the hell did you go?" I eagerly waited for her response, holding the phone up close to my ear. But everything seemed to fade away when I heard my girlfriend sob from the other end of the phone.
"Megan? I questioned hurriedly. "What's wrong baby? Where are you?" Matt spun around, his eyes wide and all of the color washing out of his face.
"Be…the…" she nearly whispered as she wailed into the phone once more.
"Honey, I can't hear you." I stated, trying to stay as calm as possible.
"Behind the mall." she repeated, undoubtedly putting all of her effort into speaking just those few words.
"Okay. We're coming to get you. Don't move." I told her, before hanging up, hoping she would follow my requests. I turned towards the other men that stood beside me. "We have to go."

"Megan!" I yelled, looking for some sort of response. I was alone. Matt had decided it would be best for us to split up. Mike and Ian would wait by the car in case she came looking for us there, Matt would search near the back entrance, and I would be responsible for the area surrounding the loading dock. We would keep in contract throughout the searching process.
"Do you guys see her yet?" I questioned. "She told me she was behind the mall. I'm back behind the dumpsters, but I don't see her over here."
"Not over here either." Mike said.
"No." Matt answered. From what I could tell, he was panicking. I listened carefully for her voice, her shoes scraping against the pavement, any sign of her at all. Where are you Megs? I asked myself as I rounded a corner near the edge of the loading dock. Suddenly, I heard a low cry coming from behind the furthest dumpster.
"Wait, I think I hear her. She's back behind the dumpsters." I quickly hung up my phone and shoved it back into my pocket.
"Megan!" I yelled once again, this time frantically listening for another noise. Luckily, she complied.
"Josh," I heard a weak voice whimper. Turning in the direction of the noise, I spotted a blood covered mound lying towards one of the brick walls, hidden by a row of large steel dumpsters.
"Oh my god." Putting all of my effort into reaching her, I sprinted across the concrete, dropping to my knees when I reached her side. "Oh my god. What happened."
My beautiful girlfriend lie on the ground in front of me. Her body was covered in blood and large purple welts. Gently, I placed my hand on her forehead, trying to get a better look at the gash that covered a large portion of her face. As I swept her matted brown hair away, she let out a shriek that sent shivers down my spine.
"I'm sorry sweetheart." I choked out, quickly wiping a tear from my face. Her gorgeous brown eyes fluttered open, meeting my own for just a brief second.
"Josh," she cried out again, placing her pummeled hand in my lap. "Josh…it hurts. Please…make it stop." In that moment, I swear I could feel my heart break. I wished I could make all of the pain disappear. I wished it was me lying on the dirty ground.
"I know honey. Your brother is on his way. We'll make it stop." I glanced down at her mangled body, analyzing every would that covered her pale skin. Her gray top was torn, exposing her chest, quickly I looked away. Grabbing the bottom of my black t-shirt, I yanked the fabric over my head; Megan's eyes followed my every move.
"Baby, this is gonna hurt. Okay? But your shirt is ripped, so I'm gonna try and put this one on you. Okay?" I watched as her bright eyes filled with tears. How could I have been so insensitive? I knew that she wanted to wait for me to see her without a shirt on. She wanted that moment to be special, not something forced upon her.
Hoping to make her feel more at ease, I leaned down and gently placed my lips to her forehead, before whispering:
"Shhh. It's okay. You're fine. Please don't cry sweetheart." I lifted my head and glanced down, waiting for her to nod, giving me consent. Ever so lightly I pulled her into a siting position, allowing to rest her weight against my chest, while I pulled the t-shirt over her body. I could tell from the way that she was wincing and writhing, she was in more pain than I could imagine.
"Josh? Megan?" I heard a male voice call from around the corner. "Where are you two." Not waning Matt to see the bloody mess that Megan had been lying in, I wrapped my arms around her and lifted her effortlessly off of the ground. Normally, she would have protested, but instead, she lie motionless in my arms. Walking over to the other members of the group, I could tell that Ian saw her state first.
"Oh my god!" he shouted, taken aback at the sight in front of him.
"What the hell happened to her?" Matt yelled in fury, running up to me and taking his sister from my arms.
"I don't know man. I found her like this." I explained, wiping blood from my hands onto my thighs. "I cleaned up some of the blood that was on her face. She's in really bad shape." I continued, sharing the obvious. Matt glanced down at his sister, almost seemingly trying to decide what his next action should be.
"We need to get her to a hospital, NOW!" the boy proclaimed, as he turned and took of towards a nearby car, leaving the rest of us to catch up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...here it is! I thought I would try and write something from Josh's point of view. When I read, I sometimes wonder what the other characters are thinking...and I thought some of you might as well. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy reading this as much as I did writing it! Thank you to all of you readers, and to everyone who has subscribed and commented. It means a lot!