Status: Revising:)

What's a Little Vertigo

Ch.11

I took one last look in the mirror, counting the numerous stitches that ran up the side of my face. Frowning, I turned and slouched my shoulders, creeping back towards my bed.
"It doesn't look too bad, does it?" I asked my brother, as I plopped on bed beside him. The last few days had been rough, especially since Josh had yet to return my countless calls and texts. I never imagined hiding my inevitable move to Chicago would hurt him this much, but I suppose in a sense, I hand' really given it much thought. Somehow I always managed to keep my head in the clouds, walking over people without caring how they felt about it…and this time, my thoughtlessness was coming back to bite me in the ass.
"Not at all Megs," My brother proclaimed flashing me a toothy smile. With a loud huff, I threw myself backwards, my head landing on one of the fluffy pillows stacked behind me.
"You're a terrible liar, Matthew." I groaned, using my fore arm to cover my eyes. I was leaving for Chicago in two days. I had confided in my brother, trying to think of the best way possible to fix what I ruined. Unfortunately, my brother was little help in the situation. 'Give him time. Let him think everything through.' I repeated in my head. Yeah? Well, I didn't have much more time to spare.
"Megs, I promise nobody is going to care about some scar." Matt said soothingly in a futile attempt to make me feel better. Nothing would make me feel better this point. I wanted Josh. I wanted him to wrap his arms around my waist and pull me close. I wanted him to tell me everything was going to work out in the end.
"I just want him back, Matt." I murmured, closing my eyes tight, while wishing this past week had just been some nightmare. Matt shifted his weight, causing the bed to move slightly.
"Be patient with him, little sister. He has a lot to process right now. Just a week ago, he saw you beaten senseless into the ground, and now he had to come to terms with the fact that you'll be 2000 miles away…in a different country. He'll come around."
"I hope so," I whispered shakily, throwing my arm to the side and opening my eyes.
"He cares about you more than you could ever even comprehend, Megs. He's hurt right now…you hid something huge from him. I'm sure he feels betrayed. You two are supposed to be a team. That's what a relationship is all about…teamwork." I turned my head to look my older brother in the eyes. Since when was he a know-it-all on relationships? Josh is going to miss you…and he knows it."
"I know he's going to miss me, Matt. But don't you think that I'll miss him just as much?" Matt shrugged his shoulders and looked away, focusing on one of the posters that clung to a nearby wall.
"Even though he'll probably never admit it, Josh has a hard time connecting with people. He's still learning who he should trust in his life…and to be honest, I think he'll be a complete and utter disaster without you around." My brother paused for a brief moment. "Josh put all of his trust in you, and you turned around and crushed him. I understand why he's acting this way." I sat up and pulled my legs towards my chest, resting my head on my knees. "The reason I'm not telling you how to make things right, is because, to tell you the truth, I don't know how." Matt explained in a matter-of-fact tone, before standing on his feet. "Just know that Josh still loves you Megs….and you really need to quit sulking about everything. Bumming out isn't going to make all of your problems disappear." I shot my brother a half-hearted smile as he walked out of the room, and gently closed my bedroom door behind him.
Crossing my long legs in front of me, I stared out of a nearby window and watched as the wind caused the trees to shake. Matt was right…I had to stop whining and fix things before it was too late. Looking down at the silver chain that clung around my wrist, an idea came to mind. Snatching my shattered phone from the nightstand resting beside my bed, I dialed 10 familiar numbers. I knew that I wasn't going to get a response from the other end, but maybe I could start making things a little bit better.
"Hey, it's Josh. Leave a message and I'll get back to you." I waited for the long beep that quickly followed, waiting for my heart to stop pounding out of my chest before speaking six simple words.
"I'm in love with you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter! It's not my favorite, but I'm super busy today, and really needed a filler until I get the chance to write next chapter, which will be much longer! Sorry if the grammar isn't that great, I didn't have much time to edit. Nevertheless, I hope y'all like it!! I still haven't decided if Josh and Megan will stay together or not, but next chapter, y'all will see what happens in regards to that! Thanks to everyone who read, commented and subscribed. I'm not kidding when I say it means a lot. I love hearing what you guys have to think! Anyways, enjoy!