Status: Revising:)

What's a Little Vertigo

Ch.14

Wind channeled through a nearby open window, ruffling my shower-damp hair and sending chills down my spine. I lay underneath a thick blanket that rested on top of my bed, listening as Tyler went on about something he had learned in one of his classes. Jenna and Sage chattered excitedly from across the room. From what I could tell, both girls were frantically going through our shared closet, searching for something that would be suitable for Jenna to wear the next morning. At least tomorrow was Thursday. I would have the whole weekend to focus on things other than my upcoming semester finals.
"Megan?" Tyler chimed, his deep southern twang ringing in my ears. "Are you even listening?" I shook my head slightly and pulled myself back into reality.
"Yes." I lied, nudging Tyler's shoulder, waiting for the strong boy to continue.
He chuckled and shook his head. "You are a horrible liar." I shrugged my shoulders, feeling his dark blue eyes watching me.
"Sorry, I was just thinking." I explained, stretching my long arms above my head.
"Well, stop thinking and come help us," Jenna whined, tossing a tacky floral dress onto Sage's nearby bed. I glanced her way, waiting for her to continue. "Please tell me you have a jacket I can borrow. I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and I'm totally unprepared." Why would Jenna be going on vacation? It was the end of November and classes didn't end for another three weeks.
"You're going on vacation tomorrow? Aren't you going to miss classes?" Both Jenna and Sage stared at me in a curious way. What had I said?
"Yeah…I go on vacation with my parents every year for Thanksgiving. Plus, I'm not going to be missing any classes." Jenna explained in a matter-of-fact tone. Right. American Thanksgiving was in November, not October.
"Oh," I responded, unraveling myself from the layer of blankets and joining the girls at the crammed closet. Tyler whined in protest and soon followed like a lost puppy.
The chilly air nipped at my bare legs, causing goosebumps to run up my calves. Rummaging my way through the mixture of clothes, I pulled a charcoal colored jacket from one of the hangers near the back. I had never worn the jacket…it had been a last attempt bribe from my mother and father; back when they were still trying to convince me to make a different career choice.
I smiled and held the jacket out to Jenna, it smelled of leather and my signature vanilla body-spray.
"Here. I've never worn this. You can use it if you want." Jenna smiled appreciatively and took the jacket from my hands, scanning it with her dark brown eyes.
"It's perfect. Who knew I would like something out of your wardrobe, Megan." I rolled my eyes and smirked…I guess that was her way of saying 'thank you.' I crossed my arms over my chest as a harsh gust of wind blew through the window, causing me to shiver. Tyler, who stood nearby, wrapped his strong arms around my waist and rested his hand on a bare sliver of flesh just above my hip. Uncomfortably, I shook him off.
"So, where are you going on vacation?" Tyler asked sourly, as Sage retreated to her clothing covered bed.
"Michigan." Jenna answered simply, lying my jacket on top of her computer chair. How would she be able to vacation in Michigan? From what I had heard, Michigan wasn't a place you could visit in just a few days.
"Why would you go to Michigan? You don't have a whole lot of time to see anything." I told her, cracking my knuckles. Jenna turned to face me.
"I think a week is long enough to go sight seeing."
"We have a week off of school?" I questioned, watching as Jenna peered down at her freshly manicured nails.
"Yeah." Sage piped in from behind me, answering my question. Why didn't I know this? A week off of school…a week would be plenty of time for me to go back to Vancouver. I could see my brother. I could see Josh. Paying for the trip wouldn't be difficult, my parents had given me a credit card before I left for Chicago…but would I have enough time to plan the trip?
Turning on my heel, I hurriedly walked over to my bed and plopped on top of the mattress, feeling claustrophobic when Tyler followed me once again. I could feel Jenna and Sage watching from afar, judging my every move.
"What are you doing, Megan?" Sage questioned, rolling onto her side. Her long dark brown hair fell across her face.
"Checking something." I responded simply, pulling my laptop onto my upper thighs. Quickly, I scanned a few websites, smiling when I came to the one I had been looking for. I could be in Vancouver as early as tomorrow night…I could go home.
"Ty? Jenna? Sage? I'm gonna need your help."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting and reading y'all! I know neither Matt or Josh were in this chapter, but they'll be back within the next few chapters. This chapter was just another filler. The main story is going to be taking place in Vancouver, not Chicago...and I'm trying to dig my way out of a hole I got myself into when I wrote Chicago into the story. So, here's to hoping I can do it! Anyways, thanks again! It means a lot!