Status: Revising:)

What's a Little Vertigo

Ch.2

"Megan, Hey, Megan!" I slammed my locker shut and turned on my heel, making my way down the crowded hallway. "I know you hear me Megan! Quit ignoring me!" A girl with short, dark brown hair began walking by my side. She was a considerable amount shorter than me, even with heels on. "Hellooooo, earth to Megan. I'm talking to you. What's with the silent treatment? I came to a halt and turned to face the girl, narrowing my eyes.
"What the fuck do you want Bailey? I hissed, crossing my arms over my chest. Bailey's eyes widened, apparently taken aback by my attitude.
"Woah, what's with the hostility? I was just going to ask if you were sick or something, you aren't looking your best. Damn, simmer down." I scoffed and began walking towards my classroom; Bailey continued to trail close behind me. "What is your problem? Shit, I guess mother nature came early this month, huh?
"Get lost Bailey."
"Okay, seriously?" the short girl huffed, rushing to stand in front of me. "Who put bitch-flakes in your cereal bowl this morning? What's your issue?"
"You've been sleeping with Gabe for the past three months, and you act as if everything is peachy. I have the right to be a bitch. Now why don't you make yourself useful and go deep-throat a cactus." I said trying to walk around the girl, only for her to step in my path again.
"You found out about that?" she questioned, her tone and facial expression softening. "We honestly didn't mean for it to happen. I swear. We were at a party and got trashed." I rolled my eyes and laughed without humor.
"Yeah, maybe the first time. But what about the other dozen times? Were you drunk then too? Or how about when you texted him yesterday, asking for a quick fuck. I was at his house when he received the message. Just an F.Y.I." Bailey stood speechless in front of me, fake guilt playing her facial features. "Exactly." I shoved past the girl and into my classroom, taking a seat in one of the back desks. Bailey sat in the desk beside me.
"So, are you just going to ignore me now?"
"That's the plan."
"You can't ignore me. I'm the reason anyone talks to you. I made you! Ignoring me is social suicide."
"I think I can manage. I have more than five friends.Thanks for the concern though."
"Who? Your brother and his "going nowhere" band losers?" I bit the inside of my cheek and clenched my fist, trying to keep my emotions and temper in check. "Isn't one of them a high school dropout and heroin junkie? That's probably not someone you should be hanging around." I lost it with that last comment.
"Shut the fuck up! You have no fucking clue as to what you are talking about! Yes, I am friends with my brother's band, and yes, one of them did dropout of high school and is a RECOVERING heroin addict. But he is one of the sweetest, funniest, and strongest people I have ever been lucky enough to meet. You with NEVER understand what he has been through. Hell, I probably won't either. So why don't you get off of the pedestal you've placed yourself on, and think of other people for a change. Do you realize you haven't once apologized for having sex, multiple times I might add, with Gabe? I thought you were my bestfriend. Can you even comprehend how hurt I am?"
I felt a sharp pain, that slowly faded into and empty feeling in my chest. Gabe had done a lot more damage than just a bloody nose and bruised face. He destroyed my self-esteem and left me feeling used. I feel as though I am falling apart because of two people I thought I could trust leading me on, and playing with my heart in the process. I am so done with them.
"You know what? I'm over him and I'm over you. Congratulations, you and Gabe don't have to screw each other in backseat of your car anymore. I hope your happy." I stood, snatching my bag from the floor. "By the way. You have an excellent taste in guys. Gabe is such a gentleman, a definite winner." I told her sarcastically as I moved to the other side of the classroom, leaving her and my classmates in complete and utter shock.

Bailey wasn't kidding when she said that no one would pay attention to me without her around. My "friends" avoided me during our shared classes, as well as in the hallway, bathrooms, and parking lot. They even ignored me during lunch, making me feel alone and isolated in a room filled with people.
After quickly pulling my car into the driveway, I grabbed my bag and walked to the front door, silently entering my house and heading straight to my bedroom. Not bothering to close my door, I tossed my bag onto my computer chair, pulled on different clothes, and jumped onto my bed, turning my t.v. on.
"Not even a hello? Wow, I'm feeling the love little sister." My mattress snaked lower as Matt plopped onto my bed beside me.
"Sorry, I just don't feel very good." I told him as I channel surfed, choosing a plotless cartoon.
"Bad day at school?"
"The worst."
"It must've been. You walked right past me when you got home. Usually I tell you about all the trouble I managed to get myself into during the day. What happened? Gabe didn't bother you did he?"
I shook my head in response. "He didn't say anything to me and at lunch he sat at the opposite end of the table. It was just Bailey causing drama."
"Bailey? You never fight with her. What did she do?"
"She was all pissy when I refused to talk to her, and she said some things that got to me. She told me everyone about our argument and they all took her side. Nobody talked to me during lunch or even in the hallway." Matt sighed, running a hand through his curly brown hair.
"I remember all the high school drama. I hated it. Worst part of high school by far." I rolled my yes.
"You make it sound like you graduated high school a decade ago. You're only a year older than me."
"That's besides the point. Look, you only have to deal with them for another four months, and then you will never see them again." I nodded my head and gave a fake smile. " I do have a question though."
"Shoot."
"Why were you ignoring Bailey in the first place?"
"I don't really want to talk about it," I told him uncomfortably, curling up on my side and cuddling closer to my pillows. I could feel my brother's concerned gaze on my back, but he didn't push, and for that I was grateful. An awkward silence overcame the room, the only noise coming from the laughing cartoon characters that danced across the television screen.
"I'm here if you want to talk," Matt said softly, breaking the silence. I felt the mattress shift once again and heard my brother exit the room. Guilt pooled in the pit of my stomach. I knew Matt was worried, he always used that tone when he was concerned. But I couldn't force him into my problems, he had more important things to worry about. Rolling onto my stomach, I closed my eyes, listening to the annoyingly high-pitched voices of the cartoon characters, and allowing myself to drift off into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's kind of short. I've been really busy studying for my A.P. tests, and I have HUGE projects coming up soon. Unfortunately school has been taking up all of my free time.
Josh will be in the next chapter!!!
Comment!! :)
Bailey
Bailey's Outfit
Megan's Outfit 1
Megan's Outfit 2