On The Ledge

twelve - i'll be your angel on call

Guardian - Alanis Morissette
__________________________________

All night and the next day, Liv called James, and he wouldn't answer. She told herself it was because the season was so close, maybe he's just busy she thought, but she knew there was more than that.

She stared at the blank computer screen in front of her and sighed. He was supposed to help her. Although he was all she could think about, she still couldn't find the right words to start her article.

She skimmed through the few notes she had gotten the day they had coffee. It helped, but she knew something was missing. Maybe this is too soon she thought, Maybe I need a new approach

She called up her boss and with alot of grovelling and begging she was able to switch things up. She would write an article after the season starts, in the next months issue, and she had more ideas she knew what to do with. Plus, it gave her a few extra weeks to decide what to do about Mark...and James.

She hung up the phone and took a long breath. She was now stress free, for a little while. She took a peek out her window to see the rain falling now. It hadn't rained in quite a while, and Liv was due for a rainy day. Sid would be gone all day, so the house was hers. There was an excessive amount of chick flicks in her closet, there was ice cream, and her bed looked all too cozy.

She was halfway through The Notebook when there was a knock on the bedroom door, "Come in" Sid entered and laughed at the sight of her, "Rainy day?"

She nodded.

"I thought you had a deadline tomorrow?"

She nodded, "I talked to my boss, I had some better ideas and we're doing an article once the season starts, once we see him in action" he pursed his lips and nodded once, "So what's this about? Ice cream and The Notebook can only mean--"

"I don't want to talk about it" she groaned. She pulled up the cover and patted the bed beside her, "You busy the rest of the day?" he shook his head, "Then join me?" he nodded and climbed in next to her and she rested her head on his shoulder and offered him a bite of ice cream, "I know you're on a strict diet, but would you like a bite?" he shrugged and took the bite right off the spoon out of her hand, "Good?" he nodded in response and she laughed, "I'm glad"

She set the ice cream container and the spoon on the bedside table when it was finished and rested her head against Sid again, "Liv are you really okay?" he asked, "You just--"

"Can we not talk about it?" her voice was quiet and she felt tears brimming in her eyes, "Just watch the movie okay?" he didn't respond and she just wrapped her arms around his arm.

By the time the movie was over there was a knock at the front door and Liv sighed and looked up at Sid, "Can we just leave it? It's just--it's probably someone we don't want to see" he raised an eyebrow and pulled away from her, "Okay now you have to tell me what's going on"

"I just don't want to talk to anyone, okay?"

"Are you on your--"

"I swear to God Sid if you say period. I'm allowed to be pissed off more than once a month" he put his hands up in defense and stood up, "Sorry. They're not going away, so I'll answer the door. I'll just tell whoever it is that you're unavailable"

She nodded once, "Thank you"

He disappeared from the room and she listened to his footsteps stop and then he opened the door. There were voices, but she couldn't discern who it was at the door. The door shut and she could still hear a second voice, and then two sets of footsteps stopped in front of her bedroom door and she pulled the cover over her head when she heard the door open.

"Liv, it's James" Sid said, "He insists he needs to talk to you"%0