Status: Active

Another World

Mistakes

Packing up as my shift ended, Christian came up to me. He looked amazingly handsome with his grey pants and white button up.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yes, we can go." I said smiling as we began to walk out the building. I half expected to see Harry outside but I didn't, I hadn't spoken to him today which was strange.

My eyes widened as I saw the car he owned, an Audi R8. "Holy shit! This is your car?"

He chuckled. "Indeed it is Ms. Evans." He opened the door for me and closed it after I got in, such a gentleman.

He drove to a rather expensive, top of the class restaraunt. Everyone here was filthy rich, dressed in the most exquisite clothes, and the food! Oh God the food was amazing! 

We chatted up as we drank our pink champagne. "What is this called? It tastes divine!" I said taking another sip, it was heaven on my lips.

"Bollinger Rose. One of my favorites." He smiled as he took another sip. The look he was giving me was heated, very sexy yet uncomfortable for my taste.

Changing the subject, I asked "So do you own Sugarscape?"

"I do, yes. In fact I own a whole number of businesses."

"Entrepreneur I see." 

"That's exactly what I am."

"Do you own business just here?"

"No, I'm from America, Washington actually. That's where my main offices are, I'm just here for a couple months observing in on my new investments."

"And how long are you staying?"

He shrugged. "It doesn't matter really, I fly back and forth from home and London."

I widened my eyes. "That must be tiring."

"Not when you own a private jet." He winked before taking another sip of champagne.

"Audi, private jet, several businesses, you're quite impressive Grey." Oh God was that too flirty? I bit my lip.

"Are you biting your lip?" He asked cocking his head to one side.

I quickly released my lip. "Um, sorry."

He shook his head as he grinned. "Why are you so nervous around me?"

I cleared my throat. "You're my boss, I'm always nervous around my bosses."

"I'm not your boss right now, I'm your...friend." He smiled.

Thankfully the waitress came, gushing again at Christian as she settled our desserts in front of us.

"Dig in." 

Gladly I did, this was my first time trying creme brûlée and he insisted I try it. As I broke the hardened sugar, I scooped up a little into my mouth and my taste buds were in heaven.

"How is it?"

"It's amazing! I have to say you have quite the taste. First the champagne, then the Salmon, and now this."

"I do like food." 

As we finished up our desserts and champagne, I felt more relaxed around him. Harry was right, he was a cool guy once you got to know him. As I thought about Harry my mood dampened a little, he hadn't called all day. Christian signaled for the waitress who gladly came over with our check. After paying we headed back into his sexy-as-hell car, and drove back to my house. The weather was crap and it began to rain, and hard. Luckily before getting out the car, Christian reached in the backseat and pulled out an umbrella. 

Being the gentleman he is, he came inside the complex and walked me up the stairs to my door where we stood smiling at each other. 

"I had a nice evening, the dinner was great. Thank you again, for both tonight and the job."

"We aim to please Ms. Evans, the pleasure is all mine."

I giggled. As I looked at his face, I noticed how handsome this man really was, no wonder every woman nearly broke their necks to stare at him. As I looked to his lips I saw him leaning in, oh God, what the hell am I suppose to do!? Without thinking, I found myself leaning in too. Our lips met and I couldn't help the speed my heart was racing in. As he placed his hands on my hips, I heard the door knob turn and I pulled away just in time to see Harry's shocked face as he looked to me and then back to Christian. Fuck!

"Harry," I began but he shook his head and began to walk down the hall. My face flushed as I looked to Christian who seemed confused. "I'm so sorry Christian, I should of stopped you. Don't get me wrong you're a lovely, handsome man but I- you're my boss! This is wrong and if you don't mind, I'd really love to chase that boy." I rushed out too quickly.

"Don't let me stop you Kate, I'm sorry I kissed you. That wasn't very professional, I'll see you at work?"

"Definitely, and thank you again." I smiled before running past him to catch up with Harry. Not wanting to run down the stairs in heels, I took them off and carried them in my hand as I continued to run after him. Reaching outside where it still poured, I looked to either side and was able to find him still walking to his car.

"Harry!" I shouted. As I reached him I grabbed his arm to face me.

I could tell he was surprised to see me, but that quickly changed to what? Pain?

"I'm so sorry, Harry. I shouldn't have kissed him, I don't know why I did!" Honestly I didn't know why I was apologizing, he wasn't my boyfriend. But something told me I should. "If it means something, that kiss didn't do anything for me! It was like kissing my dog, I felt nothing." It was true, my heart beating quickly was merely because the fact I was kissing my BOSS.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked, his hair and clothes were soaked as well as mine. 

I shrugged. "Your face when you saw us, it just hurt me to see you that way. And I'm sorry."

"I'm not your boyfriend Kate, you don't have to apologize."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to. Want to come inside and get warm?"

He smiled making my heart melt. "I'd like that very much." 

Wrapping an arm around me as we headed back to my house, he asks "Why are you barefoot?" 

I burst out laughing. "I couldn't run after you in heels."

Laughing he pulled me in closer, warming me regardless of how cold it was outside. Walking into the flat, I smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen.

"Mmm, what is that?" 

"I was sort of making dinner for us, it was supposed to be a surprise. Valarie told me you were going to be out late today, I just assumed it was overtime and you would be starving."

I frowned. "Oh, I'm so sorry. It slipped my mind to tell you yesterday, finding out you're famous can be distracting you know." 

He smiled. "I know. Come on let's get dry."

Grabbing my hand we headed into the bathroom, drying our hair with the towels. "We need to get out of these clothes, let's go see if I have anything for you."

"You're kidding." He looked at me as if I were stupid.

"No, now come on." I guided him into my room where there laid some boxes I had yet to unpack. "I think I have some big sweatpants you can wear." Digging in one of the boxes, I managed to find him sweats and a white t-shirt.

"Love?" He asked as he read the logo on the pants.

"It's from Victoria Secret." I smiled.

He laughed as he shook his head.

"Go on! It's better than staying in soaked clothing." I said pushing him out my room so I could put on my own sweats and tank top. When I was done, I came out the room noticing Harry sat on the couch, flipping through the channels on the tv.

"Are you hungry? You can always eat what you cooked for us." I said heading into the kitchen. On the stove was a pot, looking in it I noticed he made spaghetti and in a bucket of ice, laid a wine bottle. I turned around to find Harry inches away, making me lean on the counter. Hesitantly, he lifted his hand and pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear. 

"You look beautiful." He whispered sending chills down my spine.

I cleared my throat and stepped away from him. "Harry, I- uh don't think we should do anything until after our interview. I don't want to mix up my personal life with work."

"If I recall correctly, a couple of minutes ago you did mix the two up."

I glared at him before sighing. "I deserved that. I did mix things up, and I don't want to make that same mistake again. After the interview, we can continue um...this." I said motioning between us. "Would you like some wine? I'd love some." I blushed as I popped it open and poured two glasses.

Harry sipped on his drink as his gaze fixed on me. God I wanted to devour him right now, but I knew I should stop thinking like that. "Want me to serve you a plate?"

He simply nodded before taking a seat at the table. Serving him a plate, I sat across from him, continuing to drink my wine. When he finished we headed into the living room, sitting on the couch to watch some tv. As I sneaked a look from the corner of my eye, I saw a small smile play on his lips. Quickly looking away, I stared at the tv with no concentration. 

"Why is it so quiet between us?" I finally asked as I set my wine on the table next to his.

"I don't know." He said as he turned his body to face me.

We continued looking at each other, the desire growing inside me the more I looked at his beautiful features. I was losing a grip on my self control, I wanted to pounce on those soft, pink lips of his.

Not bearing it anymore and is if in sync, we both leaped forward, grabbing each other's faces as our lips collided. His scent invaded my nostrils as his tongue invaded my mouth. The taste of him was addicting, pulling him on me so I laid on the couch, I tangled my fingers in his hair, relishing the feel of him against me.

I heard keys jingle as the door knob turned, making me push Harry off me just as Jason and Valarie walked in. My face was burning as they both smiled at Harry and I. Out of breath I downed the wine I had left before smiling at them both.

"Hey, how was your night?" I asked, trying to play it cool.

"Probably not as good as yours." Valarie smirked before she and Jason walked away.

As if I weren't red enough, I felt my face flush. Turning to Harry who was still catching his breath, I shook my head and stood up. "It's um late and I have work tomorrow."

"Yeah, yeah I get it. I'll see you tomorrow?" Harry asked as he got up and headed to the door.

"Yeah, sounds good." I smiled, still feeling awkward. Holding the door open, we stood gazing at each other.

"Again, I'm sorry for ruining your plans. Maybe next time?"

"That is no problem Kate, I'll call you later." He hesitated before leaning in. Gladly I placed a kiss on his lips, he looked surprised when I leaned away.

"What?" I asked.

"I was going to kiss your cheek, but I like your idea better." He winked before walking out.

I closed the door and leaned against it for support. Oh Harry Styles, what are you doing to me? As I waited for my heart speed to return to normal, I jumped when there was a knock at the door. Re-composing myself, I opened it and there stood Harry.

"Yes?"

"Um, my clothes. I don't think I want to go out in public with Victoria Secret sweatpants."

"But they're still wet, there's no dryer here so I have to let them air dry."

His face fell. "Okay, well I'll just run to my car. Bye!"

Giggling I closed the door again, he sure was adorable.
♠ ♠ ♠
They finally kissed! What'd you guys think about that? PLEASE leave a comment on your thoughts of the story, it would mean SO much to us! :)

-Kayla xx