Status: Active

Another World

The Interview

The last couple of days after our kiss, Harry and I had been spending much more time together, if that were even possible. I went over to his house a couple of times and found out he lives with Louis, one of his band mates. I never did get to meet him because every time I went, he would be out with his girlfriend Eleanor. But today was the big day and I would be interviewing the band and finally getting to meet the other boys.

I looked at myself in the mirror from the bathroom at work, they had just arrived and were waiting for me in the room I would be conducting the interview in. I had to admit I was nervous, I mean I knew Harry and Zayn so that was fine, but this was my first interview and I didn’t know how I would do with the other guys.

Heading back to my desk where my paperwork was, I noticed Lauren already waiting for me. Lauren was going to be my camera woman, out of everyone here, she has been the most friendliest towards me. She had a pretty face, slim body and blonde hair, she was quite loud sometimes which made me like hanging out with her.

"You ready?" She asked as she picked up the camera and microphone.

"Yup, I just need the papers with the questions on it."

Grabbing everything I needed, we set out to the room and sure enough there was One Direction waiting. 

"Hello guys! I'm Kate." I greeted.

They all got up to shake my hand, Harry of course insisted on greeting me with a kiss on the cheek after giving me a bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you so much, you didn't have to." 

"I wanted to." He smiled.

I shook my head, grinning like a fool before taking my place across from them on the couch.

"So you're the one Harry has been going on and on about!" Louis yelled making me blush.

Harry began smiling, looking embarrassed. "Thanks Lou."

I began giggling before composing myself, if I wanted to impress the boss, I had to nail this interview. Looking down at the paper, I noted the topics I had to discuss, and signaled for Lauren to start filming.

"We're ready." 

They all began shouting. "Sugarscape!"

"Sugar...flakes." Zayn yelled with a confused face.

"Very nice." I said in a fit of laughter.

When everything settled down I began the interview. "So how is it? How are you coping with all that's been going on for you guys?"

Liam: "Whenever people ask this question they always put the word deal or cope with it and I don't think it's something we really have to deal or cope with. It's just something you enjoy and it's nice that the fans you know come out in numbers and show their support and I think it's nice to be able to visibly see support, like some bands don't get that but you know we get a lot of it, so it's good."

Harry: "Um like Liam said, it's not really something we feel like we have to cope with. You know it's kind of, it's been insane but um we kind of just go with it, we have a lot of fun and we work hard."

"Simon Cowell has actually said that you work hard and I think that's what everyone loves about you."

Niall: "Yeah you know we work hard and we like to have a bit of a laugh because any job is challenging if you're not enjoying it. You know so we, it's obviously very challenging but we have a good laugh together, the five of us, we're all best friends. We've got a good crew around us and we're friends with them as well so it makes everything so much easier."

"So what do you think about the intensiveness of your fans? They take it to a whole other level wherever you go."

Zayn: "Yeah um, I don't know, it's just we're surprised by you know dedication and support of our fans like wherever we go they're going to turn up and they're outside and they show their support. We don't really understand it but we're just enjoying it and we're just you know taking it and enjoying the roller coaster I guess."

"What is expected of your shows? What do the fans get to see?"

Liam: "Just uh, well I think you know in our shows we like to get the audience involved as much as possible. Um you know we read out a few twitters and stuff on stage that people send in, so you know they might expect to see their twitter up on stage and I think that'd be quite exciting and you know just having a good time on stage you know they have as much fun as we do."

"Do you guys have any rituals or routines before playing a show?"

Louis: "Um we kind of just have a band huddle and say a few words of good luck to each other."

Niall: "A few private jokes."

Louis: "Yeah, drink lots of water."

Niall: "I like lemon-ginger tea."

Louis: "He's a diva." We all laughed.

Niall: "No man, it's good for ya."

"Did you guys ever expect to be where you are now?"

Louis: "I think we could all agree that when we first went on that stage on our first additions, we had no idea where we'd end up."

"I've seen a couple pictures of you guys playing sports, I take it you're a bit sporty?"

Niall: "Me and Harry actually like to play a bit of golf, um we don't get to play very often. We haven't played in awhile together but um yeah golf is one of those things."

Harry: "A lot of the places we go we see a lot of hotels, and then airports and inside a car so it's like, it's fun for us to get out and see a bit of the country. And also in terms of golf, I love being able to put my phone away in my bag and just have four hours to ourselves."

I asked a couple more questions that fans had asked on twitter and it all went really well. Between all the jokes, banter and laughs, I had to say that being with these boys was absolutely amazing, they were all so easy to get along with. I noticed Louis enjoyed teasing Harry about how nervous he seemed around me which really helped ease the tension I had felt earlier. When I saw we had covered everything I need I decided to end the interview. 

"So that's a wrap, thank you guys so much for coming in and taking the time to speak with us, I appreciate it."

"We love Sugarscape, more than any other sweetener." Louis said with a serious face making me laugh, I seemed to be doing that a lot.

When the camera was out we all got up and hugged each other, saying our goodbyes. When I got to Harry, he pulled me in his arms and was about to lean in when I placed my finger on his lips.

"I'm at work Hazza."

He pouted. "Your boss isn't here."

"Let me remind you that one, your bosses are here, and two, there are glass windows that look into this room from the office."

He let go of me, disappointment written on his face. "Just one peck, I think I behaved well enough in the interview. I should be rewarded a kiss."

I smiled and leaned in to kiss his cheek. "Happy?"

"No." He grabbed my face and crashed his lips onto mine. "Now I'm happy."

"Woah, woah hey! What's going on here!?" Louis shouted at us. I began laughing as I pulled away from Harry. 

"Your friend here keeps trying to seduce me."

"Now Harry, you know better not to flirt with the young lady."

Harry nudged him resulting in them play fighting while everyone laughed at them. When their security guard, Paul, separated them, I once again thanked them. "I would love for us to get together sometime, maybe we could all go out for a dinner or something." I suggested.

"That sounds lovely." Liam smiled.

"You should both bring Eleanor and Danielle, Valarie and I would love to meet them." As I said Valarie's name, I noticed the small smile Zayn had as Liam teased him about it.

When we all began filing out the room, Harry pulled my arm so we were the only two left in the room. 

"We have a couple more interviews left but if we can get out on time, can I take you out for some lunch?"

I smiled. "Of course, I'll be waiting for your call. But call me before noon, I skipped breakfast and I'm starving." 

Leaving me with another kiss, I headed back to the office where I worked on the article about the interview until it hit noon. Harry still didn't call so I got up and packed my things to head out, as I did I noticed Christian walking towards me. Great.

"Good afternoon Ms. Evans. I take it the interview went well?"

"Very well in fact I think it may be the best interview ever." I joked.

He chuckled. "Want to head out for lunch? I promise it'll be innocent." 

"Um, I don't think that's a good idea. Harry seems to get all jealous, he has every right to be after what he saw." I hesitated.

"I understand, but I promise I won't try anything. I'm hungry and I always enjoy company for lunch."

I agreed just wanting to get something into my stomach, he drove us to an expensive looking restaurant as if all the trouble was needed. The waiter took our orders, dropping off a bottle of some delicious wine. Being I only had an hour break, we rushed through the lunch which I had to admit was amazingly good and better than what I originally planned to get. As we got out the car and began walking to the building, I heard my name being called.

Turning around I saw a heartbroken Harry. Fuck, this must look bad. I quickly walked over to him. "It's not what it looks like I swear. I know that sounds cliche but I promise you it was just lunch. He kept insisting and to be honest I just wanted some damn food in my system, please please don't be mad. You didn't call and I wanted food!"

He sighed looking down into my eyes before smirking. "I believe you, I just can't help feeling jealous."

I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Now you know how I feel when I hear about the millions of girls that want you." 

"You're the only girl I want, love." He whispered stroking my cheek. Planting a kiss on my lips, I didn't want to head back to work, I just wanted to stay right here with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it took forever to update because I had major writer's block, plus a good interview took awhile to find. I ended up using different interviews which took awhile to write out, so yeah the interview questions/answers are real and not mine. I hope you're all enjoying the story so far, I ask of all of you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment, subscribe and maybe even recommend if you like the story? It would mean A LOT to us! xx

Check out my other Harry fanfic? Moments

-Kayla xx