Status: Active

Another World

The Night Was Perfect

God bless Funky Buddha Club!

That has been on my mind ever since I stumbled (literally) upon Zayn over at Funky Buddha. I must admit that if it wasn't for Mr. Drunk Guy and his drunk friends asking if Kate and I wanted to go to the club, we would've never went inside. I might just have to send that man a thank you note. Other than the aching pain I experienced because of the heels I wore (and was more than happy to take off when I got home) the night was perfect.

As I limped into the bathroom to take a shower, I couldnt help but have flashes of the cute moments I had with Zayn in the club. The same thing occurred when I got out and headed for my room.

I threw on my favorite pajamas and collapsed on my bed, feeling the bottom of my feet tingle with pain. I was just about to turn off the lights when Kate invited herself in and sat on the edge of the bed.

"What?" I questioned while she stared at the wall. She still wore her girls night outfit and was rubbing her now pinkish-red feet.

"Do you think I should be worried about Harry?"

I rolled my eyes and dramatically sighed as I sat up to look at her. Ever since I knew Kate, she had a tendency to be jealous even when she didn't have to be. Of course this tendency would increase due to the fact that Harry wasn't your average man. He attracts the ladies, even the elderly, and it's just out of his control which is why it also worries me. I'm not quite sure Kate can take that.

She faced me and squinted. "There's no need for the dramatic responses, I just wanted to know if I should."

"Does it really matter what I think? You're still going to question every girl that comes within a fifty mile radius of the poor guy," She began to chuckle as I shifted into a more comfortable position. "But in all honesty, I don't think you have to worry with Harry. He knows that if he hurts you, I will hunt him down and chop off those curly locks of his."

"Point taken."

I gave her a reassuring smile. "Any other crisis I should know about?"

"Oh yeah, there's one called My Best Friend Should Date Zayn But She's A Chicken."

I grunted as I got up and headed for my door. "Goodnight, Katie." She shot me a glare which I ignored and held the door open for her. She hated when I called her Katie, which wasn't actually her real name but I enjoyed the look on her face whenever I called her that.

"Who said I was finished?"

"I did, you're fogging up my mind."

She pushed herself off of my bed and leaned on the wall to face me. "And how am I doing that?"

"Jason-"

She raised her hands in front of her and closed her eyes. "Goodnight."

I smirked and let out a breath of relief. I love that girl but I just wanted to rest. I dragged my feet to the light switch and let my eyes adjust to the darkness as I felt my way to my bed. I took my phone and held the top button to turn it off when it vibrated with a text.

Jason: We really need to talk baby

No, no, no, no. There goes my mind fogging up and making it harder to think straight. I stared at the message while my brain and my heart had yet another battle, wanting to be heard. I couldn't take it anymore and pressed the top button to lock my phone. I fell back onto my pillow, shutting my eyes tight to wait for the blanket of sleep to cover me, to make me forget how I felt.

It was actually working...

I began to hear a tap. 

Then another, and another.

My eyes flew open and I looked around my dark bedroom. 

Another tap.

I reached to turn on the lamp that stood tall on the end table next to my bed and looked at the ceiling in search for the source of the sound, some sort of leak maybe, but found nothing.

Feeling a bit irritated, I listened more carefully. The sound was as if something was hitting an object, or glass.

I scoped around my room and at the corner of my eye something moved followed by that sound. I quickly got up and quietly walked towards the window, noticing a bunch of little pebbles on the windowsill. Furrowing my eyebrows I opened the window and a pebble struck my face.

"Oops, sorry!" A voice whispered from below.

I craned my neck and looked down, my jaw dropped when I saw him looking up at me with a handful of pebbles. Do I even have to say who it was?

"What the hell are you doing?!" I whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

He cupped his mouth. "Calling you!" He whispered back as he shook the pebbles in his hand. The grin on Zayn's face making me smile. 

"By throwing rocks at my window? That's so cheesy!"

"Well it got your attention! Now come down, babe!"

"But I'm wearing pajama-" He made a repeating gesture for me to come down as his eyes shined with anxiousness causing me to give in. "Alright! Hold on!"

"Hurry!" As I closed the window, I practically ran towards the mirror to fix my ponytail and looked at my pajamas to see if it was good enough for whatever he had planned. While I contemplated I heard what most likely was Zayn throwing a handful of pebbles all at once on the window which made me crack up and quickly put on lip gloss.

I slipped on my ballet slippers, tip toed passed Kate's room, out the door and around the building to where Zayn was located. He looked up from the ground and straight into my eyes as he flashed a smile. 

"Hi." Was all I could conjure up. God I am so lame.

He reached over and kissed my cheek. He kept his lips in contact with my cheek longer than a normal kiss on the cheek would be. "You look beautiful, Val."

I stared down at myself and made a face. I looked like a hot mess with lip gloss, what was he talking about? But of course I felt my cheeks get hot as I told him, "You're blind."

"You're welcome." He chuckled.

"So, um, where are we going?"

He put a finger to his soft looking lips and whispered, "It's a secret."

I playfully rolled my eyes and sighed. "Lead the way." He grabbed my hand and obliged.

*

"Do you mind me asking why you chose," I looked at the time on my phone. "Three a.m. to take me to a secret location? You know, if I didn't know you any better I would say you were trying to kidnap me, or worst."

He began to laugh as he swung his arm around my shoulder. "I would never commit such a heinous crime to such a beautiful lady."

"Are you intentionally trying to permanently change the color of my face red? Or..."

He leaned in and mumbled in my ear, "It's a good look if you ask me."

For the record, I've always read in story books about the girls getting weak in the knees over a boy and I scoffed in response every time, convinced that it was lame and impossible. Oh how I was wrong. But please give me some credit, no one would be stable if they had a deep British accent (Zayn's accent no less) right in your ear, feeling the minty warm breath graze your ear and smack you in the face.

I slipped away from his embrace and raised my hands defensively. "You're killing me."

He opened his arms and looked around with a mischievous grin on his face. "What did I do?"

I squinted my eyes as I returned to him. "Oh you know."

He laughed and jogged ahead of me. "Come on, this way!" He called out without looking back.

I looked down at my phone and noticed that I had another text message.

Jason: Please valarie, we really need to talk! I love and miss you so much!

I rolled my eyes and couldn't shake off the heavy feeling I had in my heart as I locked my phone with a big sigh, running after Zayn. "Wait for me!"

*

Zayn guided me with his hands covering my eyes while I stumbled here and there. Honestly if this were anyone else taking me somewhere in the dead of night, I would've kicked them in the balls and ran screaming by now. Somehow I felt incredibly safe with him, even if I couldn't see. I heard twigs snap while we stepped over them and leaves crushing under our feet. 

Dammit something is in my shoe. I thought as I put my hands over Zayn's. Yes, I'm taking advantage of this moment to touch his hands without being judged, shh.

"Watch out for th-"

Too late. I tripped on something super sharp and deeply scraped my ankle. I fell to the floor and cried out in pain as I shut my eyes.

"Uh, Val! You shouldn't yell! This looks suspicious enough!" He whispered as he hovered over me to see if I was alright.

I began to laugh and cry. What is going on with me?!

He went into panic mode when he saw the amount of blood coming out of my ankle.

"I'm no doctor but that probably shouldn't be happening!" I called out in between deep breaths. I looked around and noticed a large blanket laid out across the grass. "Oh my god." I murmured. I slowly got up and headed for the beautiful scenery with a limp. Zayn was hot on my heels as I kept my eyes on what was waiting for me. His hands hovered near my waist just in case I made another trip to the floor.

"Wha- What are you doing! You're bleeding, Val!"

"Well like someone once told me, it's nothing." That was a lie, I was in pain but the trees surrounding us and whistling as the wind whisked by made me feel at ease. The different color flame tiki torches that stood radiant in a circle around the blanket.

When we got closer, I burst out laughing. On the blanket were the faces of One Direction. Mind you this was a blanket fit for a queen sized bed which made it funnier.

"Oh my god, I'm going to sit on your face. This is getting very inappropriate!" I said in between laughs.

He joined in on the laughter. "Let's just sit down before things get odd. But stay still! I need to wrap something around that cut!"

I did what I was told and watched Zayn run everywhere like a chicken with it's head cut off which was a fun sight to see. He searched through a basket of food and brought out a handkerchief to wrap around my wound, using a hairpin to keep the handkerchief from falling off.

He caught me staring at him with a smile and a smirk appeared on his face. "I'm glad you think this is amusing to ya."

"Well at first I thought this was amusing but now I feel quite flattered that you care so much."

"You should because I do."

I looked down and began to giggle uncontrollably. This was probably a side effect because of the loss of blood, yup.

He cleared his throat and turned away to grab the basket. He faced me, hiding something behind his back. "Well I heard from a little birdie that you fancy this allegedly amazing chicken sandwich-"

"No you didn't."

"-from New York and I searched high and low in the UK but they didn't have anything like the way Kate...I mean, a little birdie described the sandwich. So I pulled some strings."

"Oh my god."

"Actually I pulled a massive amount of strings, phoned the store in New York and got this," At that exact moment I swear I heard the hallelujah chorus as he brought out two chicken sandwiches from the store my dad always used to buy them from. "How much do you love me right now?" He chuckled as he handed me the sandwich.

"Oh my god I love you so mu-" I cleared my throat and awkwardly folded my legs. "Trust me this will be the best thing that's ever been in your mouth, okay?"

He laughed at my inappropriate remark and prepared himself. We both took a bite of our sandwich and despite the fact that I was practically drooling, I made it a mission to see Zayn's reaction. "This is not bad." He mumbled when he finished chewing.

"Not bad?! You know it tastes like heaven!" I called out as I took another bite.

"Hey, don't spill anything on my face." He jokingly warned as he brushed off the crumbs from the blanket.

That's how most of the night was. Jokes, food, flirting and just having a great time. He surprised me with bottles of my favorite wine and we consumed 90% of them, it felt good to forget about everything for once.

"What time is it?" Zayn asked while he was on his stomach on the blanket. I took out my phone and looked at the time which read 6:00 a.m.

"Oh my god I have work in like two hours!"

"And I have an interview with the boys in three," We looked at each other with wide, tired eyes and burst out in laughter. "Can I use your phone? The boys must be looking for me." I handed him my phone and looked at the now light blue sky. 

I was just about to close my eyes when I remembered the text messages from Jason I left open, snatching the phone away from him. He stayed frozen which wasn't what I wanted.

"Zayn, please know tha-"

"You don't have to explain yourself."

Shit.

I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "Aren't you going to storm off?"

"Why would I do that? It's not your fault he still fancies you and wants you to take him back."

"I don't want to but it's just...confusing."

"And that's fine, babe." He moved closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder to pull me close. "What do you want to do about it?"

I looked up at him. "Honestly? Make him feel the pain."

"Hmm, well this goes against my better judgment but I can't think straight so..." He took my phone and opened the camera app. "Say cheese?"

Even though I was completely confused, I posed with him and took pictures. All kinds of pictures, funny pictures, sad pictures, and the last picture where we looked at each other and had our mouths open as if we were screaming.

"Now let's send some of these to that bloke, Jason, eh? Show him what he, hopefully, lost."

My eyes lit up and it was probably because I was a bit drunk but loved the idea. I sent Jason multiple pictures and ended it with a nice worded message:

FUCK OFF

"How did that feel?" Zayn asked with a bright smile across his face.

"Amazing! You're amazing..." 

Maybe it was the wine or just the fact that this moment was perfect but something came over me and I just lunged forward onto him and crashed my lips against his. I guess the feeling was mutual because he wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me on top of him. 

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do this." He growled before I silenced him with another deep kiss.

This night couldn't get any better.