Status: Active

Another World

All Alone

Three days all to myself and I chose to lounge on the couch with my gym shorts and tank top, catching up on my favorite television show Grey's Anatomy. I poured the box of Sweetarts I had, letting a couple of pieces fall onto the palm of my hand. I frowned when I realized my beloved candy was finishing before I popped them in my mouth. I wondered if Zayn had finished his solo interview with Nick Grimshaw being that it was almost 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

My phone buzzed with texts from my co-workers, Edward and Charlotte.

Edward: Just a rather random thought about how you're the only American in our work hahaha! See you tomorrow. xx

Charlotte: Tune in to The Hits!

I hopped off of the couch and jogged over to the radio that was collecting dust in the kitchen. I switched it on, tuning in to The Hits Radio and Let Me Love You by Ne-Yo was playing. I gasped and couldn't help but dance around the kitchen as I sang along to one of the best songs I've ever known. I continued to act like a fool until the song was over. I headed towards the radio to switch it off when I heard a familiar tone followed by a familiar voice.

Oh, I just wanna take you anywhere that you like, we could go out any day any night...

Almost immediately I began to sing and dance along, my dance reminding me a bit of Carlton Banks' signature move from The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air. The Kiss You single was so far my favorite song.

"If you don't wanna take it slow and you just wanna take me home--" I stopped when I suddenly felt arms around my waist. I was about to cry out in terror until I realized that it was Zayn.

"And let me kiss you!" He continued before placing kisses from my shoulder up to my lips.

I hit him on the arm for scaring me and began to do a silly dance. Zayn joined in, letting out a loud laugh. Before I knew it, we continued singing and dancing along to the rest of Kiss You together in my kitchen.

I turned down the volume when the song was over and faced Zayn to give him a proper greeting. "I need to start locking the front door."

"I don't think that's necessary, babe." He mumbled against my neck. The sudden heat radiating from his body onto my skin caused myself to tingle all over. He seemed to have noticed what his actions were resulting in as he let out a deep chuckle and casually let his hand fall on my lower back.

"You have a nice bum." He muttered before placing a soft kiss under my jaw.

I let out a breathless laugh, playfully pushing him away when I heard my phone ring. I jogged over to the couch in the living room to pick up my phone.

"Hey, Edward, what's up?"

Zayn made his way to the recliner across from me. The sound of Ed's name caused him to scowl as he pushed the recliner back until it was horizontal and dug in his pocket for his phone.

I knew Edward had a thing for me but I decided not to mention it to Mr. Moody. The more I tried to hang up with Ed, the more he carried on rambling. However, he was a nice guy and I didn't have the heart to hang up on him. When I was just starting out on my job, he was always there to help whenever I needed it. Zayn's scowl remained the same when I looked over at him and mouthed an apology.

After what felt like an eternity, we finally said our goodbyes and hung up. "I'm sorry, babe, he just talks a lot."

Zayn carried on pretending to be interested in his phone as he sighed in irritation. "Well there's a bloody thing called texting, he should try that some time."

"Ed just wanted to talk to me about a new student coming to our classroom in school."

He let his arms fall on the arms of the chair as he stared at me. "Oh god, are you telling me that you both work in the same classroom together?"

"Of course we do, I'm pretty sure I told you already but you tend to suddenly be interested in your phone whenever his name comes up."

"Well sorry that I'm not too keen about the lad."

"No one says you have to be, just lighten up a bit."

I thought that was end of it until he cleared his throat to speak. "Does he know about me?"

"I think so, and if he doesn't then Google could help him out with that one."

He sucked his teeth, clearly not understanding that I was only kidding. "I meant if he knows about me being your boyfriend, Valarie."

I tried to hide the smile that was creeping up. His jealousy was cute and rather entertaining. "You know you don't have to worry about him, right? He's only a good friend."

"Yeah, yeah." He murmured and reverted his eyes to his phone when I stood in front of him. I groaned, ready to walk away from him.

"It just upsets me that he gets to see you more than I do." He added with a pout.

"Zayn, you know that's not true."

His eyebrows furrowed at my response. "Val, this is the first time in weeks that I've gotten to see you since that bloody drama with the media and I'm quite sure Edwardo has seen you since then."

Crap, he was right. I exhaled deeply as I headed to the outlet next to the television and connected my phone to the charger plugged in.

"Come over here," I heard him say. I questioned him but obeyed in confusion. "Closer."

I placed my elbows on the arm of the recliner, catching his gaze slip down to my chest and returning to my eyes. He held my head, staring deep into my soul before pressing our lips together. A strangled moan escaped my throat as he sucked on my bottom lip and bit on the flesh every now and then. He abruptly stopped and leaned back on the chair with a smirk, placing his arms behind his neck in triumph. I glared at him when the lingering feeling of his teeth grinding on my lip faded.

"Now would that Edward bloke kiss you like that?"

"Hmm, he's more of a soft kisser but personally," I leaned in to his ear, "I like it rough."

He grabbed my hips and placed me on his lap. "Oh, killing me."

I leaned back against his warm body and turned my head so that my cheek was resting on his slow thumping heart beat. I absentmindedly scoped the room and Zayn's black backpack placed on the floor near the front door caught my attention.

I raised my eyes to his. "Planning on going back to school?" I teased.

"More like planning on sleeping over if that's alright...Is it?"

I grinned as I sat up and wrapped my arms around him, repeatedly giving him kisses. "Does that answer your question?"

"I'm not sure I understood your answer, I think you need to show me again, yeah?" He placed his hand at the back of my neck to bring my lips to his. I could feel the smile play on his lips as our kiss deepened.

The sound of my phone rang notifying me that someone was requesting to FaceTime. I was trying to ignore it until Zayn sighed and let me go.

"This better be important." I grunted, heading over to my phone and saw that it was Kate. I swiped to answer the call and waited to see her face on my screen.

"Hey girl, hey!" She exclaimed.

"Hey! What happened?"

"Nothing, just wanted to see how everything's going."

"Everything's going great. Did you get a tan already? I'm jealous!"

"Damn, is it that noticeable?" She questioned, moving closer to her screen.

"It looks good."

"Speaking of noticeable, I'm noticing your face is all red. Is something going on?" She asked, constantly raising her eyebrows.

"Oh my god." I chuckled as I blushed.

"Is Zayn there? Is he doing you right? Are you getting some sweet Zayn lovin'? Are you--"

I interrupted her embarrassing assumptions by turning the camera towards Zayn who smiled and waved.

"Oh, hi, Zayn!" I heard her stutter. "Val, you douche, I didn't know he was actually there." She stated quietly when I faced the camera to me.

I laughed while I mindlessly walked around the living room. "So I was on Instagram earlier and noticed a little something."

"Oh, yeah I got a tattoo."

"I love how you say it so calmly, Kate! But I can't even lie, it's cute."

"Aw thanks, Harry and I are flattered."

"Where is he anyway?"

Kate turned her camera to her side, revealing a sleeping Harry sprawled on the bed she was sitting on. "Jet lag."

"And where's your boss?"

She looked back at Harry before replying with a hushed tone, "In the next room."

"How awkward has it been?"

"On a scale of one to ten, I'd say fifty." Kate answered, shaking her head.

"At least you know Christian won't pull anything."

Zayn caught a hold of my shorts and pulled me onto his lap. "Tell Harry to stop being a twat and get up!" He called out with his tongue pushing out in between his teeth as he smiled.

"Tell Zayn that I took this holiday to get away from him and yet," Harry sat up and sleepily pointed to the camera. "There he is."

"Kate, does this bickering ring any bells?" I joked.

She nodded in response. "They're definitely trying to be the guy versions of us."

"No, babe, I'm Harry." He muttered, giving Kate a kiss before ruffling his bed head.

"Good lord, Haz, keep it PG!" Zayn chaffed.

"Trust me, mate, I won't be."

"Well thank you for that lovely image, Harry, but I'm going to go whip up something to eat since you took away my personal chef. I'll talk to you guys later." Everyone said their goodbyes prior to hanging up and I pouted.

"Babe, you okay?"

"I kind of miss Kate."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me close. "Aw don't worry, you have me."

* * *

"I hope I did this right." I muttered to myself as I stirred the finished pasta in the pot. Kate had sent me instructions on how to make penne a la vodka and I had constant worries throughout the whole cooking process that it would turn out to be a massive fail.

I began to move my hips to the beat of an Olly Murs song that was playing on the radio, covering the pot with a lid and turning off the stove.

"Party in the kitchen, eh?"

I turned around and danced towards Zayn who stood there with a smile, his hair still wet from his shower earlier.

I placed my arms over his shoulders, giving him a kiss. "The pasta is ready and I hope it tastes good."

"I'm suddenly not feeling too hungry anymore."

"Very funny. Sit down, I'll serve ya."

His hands lingered on my waist, slowly letting go as I walked towards the cabinet for plates.

My nerves began to kick in again. What if it didn't taste good? What if he hates it but spares my feelings and says he likes it? My thoughts were interrupted when I realized that I stood frozen, staring at the questionable pasta. I shook my obviously silly worries off and continued to serve us.

Zayn seemed to have been enjoying the food, showing no signs of nausea.

"Did you like it? Be honest." He nodded as he went for seconds and I wanted to jump for joy. No one understands that Kate is the one with the amazing cooking abilities in this household, so to be able to make a meal and have my boyfriend like it makes me want to cook for the whole neighborhood of people. But of course cooking requires a lot of time and effort, too much for a lazy person, which is why Kate remains the cook.

"What a successful lunch, if I do say so myself." I gave myself a mental pat on the back while I went over to the sink and washed the dishes.

"I could get used to this." He yawned as he patted his belly.

"Too bad this weekend won't last, it's a return of the weekdays." I said with a frown.

"I think you shouldn't go to work this week."

I laughed aloud at his response. "Are you kidding me? Playing hookie, for a week nonetheless, would get me fired."

"I reckon you call in sick." He replied with a cheeky grin.

I pondered at his suggestion, persuading my boss into believing that I wasn't feeling too well could work.

Before I could tell Zayn what my decision was, he continued to beg with pleading eyes, "Take the days off, babe. This week my schedule is completely cleared. Please, for me?"

The corners of my mouth tugged into a smile. He really wanted me to stay and the more I looked at his flawless physic, the more I wanted to spend the days with him.

"Okay, but let me go to work on Monday so that my boss thinks I caught it from one of the kids or something." Telling him my decision caused him to practically fly off of the chair to pick me up and spin me around, placing little kisses all over my face.

"It's mad how happy you make me." I could hear the smile in his words as he said them in my ear and set my feet down on the wood floor.

He raised the volume of an R&B song and began to sing with the artist. I stood there with my mouth completely opened. Holy mother of god his voice was the most beautiful thing that my ears have heard. I mean, I knew he was a talented singer, but good lord this boy was bringing out the catholic in me. I continued to watch him, noticing the sweatpants he wore fit him too loose as he set them onto his hips. Wasn't it bad enough that he was ridiculously good looking, funny, caring, charming and now I had to deal with an angelic voice coming out of his mouth. Could he just sing to me forever and never stop?

"Valarie, why are you staring at me like that?"

My eyes widened, I couldn't come up with a good excuse so I just looked down at my slippers and fake yawned.

"I'm a bit tir--"

"No, no. Come dance with me, babe!" He held out his hands and I walked towards them. He turned me around so that his crotch was against my backside. His swift, slow thrusts as he sang along to Usher's That's What It's Made For into my ear almost resulted in myself going into cardiac arrest. For the time that I've known him, I've never wanted him as much as I did at this moment.

"We should go to a club tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked the chapter! I gave myself feels writing this one hahha. - Caris. xx