Status: Active

Another World

Games

I walked unsteadily back into the kitchen where Zayn was, sitting on the stool and looking down at his phone. He looked unreal, as if he were sculpted by the hands of God himself. His long eyelashes covering those sparkly golden orbs of his, rapidly falling and coming back up every time he blinked. He looked up and seemed startled. I hadn't noticed that I stood at the doorway of the kitchen and was just watching him in silence.

"Uh," I tried to dig up any kind of excuse that made me look less of a creep. "Um." Unfortunately my mind was completely blank and all that surfaced was random sounds.

He somehow found this amusing as he laughed and gestured at the stool next to him.

"I promise I'm not this awkward." I told him as I sat down with my red cheeks.

"It's fine, you might find this hard to believe but I'm a shy kind of guy." Zayn told me, casually turning his body to face me.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "You? But you're so-" I stopped myself before I called him attractive. That was the last thing I wanted, for him - or anyone else for that matter - to think I was into him. I cleared my throat to try and distract him from what I was about to say. "I need some water," I said as I got up and went over to the fridge. "Want anything?"

"I'm good, thanks."

A sound from his phone went off.

"Yes!" He said rather loud.

I popped my head out of the fridge to look at him. "What happened?"

"Oh just an update on this zombie game I have." He began to chuckle nervously.

I shut the door of the fridge and looked at Zayn. "You like zombie games?"

"Yeah I'm somewhat of a nerd, I love video games."

"Me too." I said in awe.

His eyes lit up, I didn't know it was possible being that his eyes were always shining. "This one isn't bad for an iPhone app." He explained, showing me the game.

"Really?"

"Wanna try?" He asked, handing his phone to me.

I took it and began to play. He was right, it wasn't bad for an iPhone app. 

When my player died I pouted and looked up, noticing that he was staring at me.

"Do you know you bite your lip a lot when you're into the game?"

"I do?" My whole face was burning so I looked down and gave his phone back. He chuckled and grabbed it, his fingers slightly brushing mine as he retracted, sending chills through my whole arm. I knew that I needed to get a grip. He's just a friend being....friendly.

His jaw slightly fell. "You almost passed my high score!"

"I would've passed it if that damn zombie didn't pop out of nowhere!"

"So you think you could actually beat me?" He said with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh I know I can." I answered with a challenging smirk.

"You. Me. Arcade down the street, what do you say?"

"I say bring it on, Malik."

"Then it's settled."

"And what does the loser have to do?"

"The loser pays for lunch."

I squinted my eyes. "I just hope you prepared yourself to face ultimate failure."

"I see you're a talking kind of girl."

"I say what I know and I know you're going to lose." I said with a shrug as I got up from the stool and walked away.

"We're off to the arcade!" Zayn announced to Harry and Kate, who were sitting pretty close to each other, as he caught up with me in the living room to go to the front door.

I tried to ignore Kate's obvious look. "We'll be back soon!" I called out, closing the door behind me and followed him.

"So how far is the arcade from here?"

"It's about 5 minutes away." He said as he let his arm graze mine while we walked.

* * *

We were in the ending of our zombie game and Zayn was losing of course.

"I think I'd like to go to Shaylon for lunch!" I called out over the sound of shooting and zombies moaning.

"Yeah, right after pigs fly!" He responded as he shot a zombie in the head.

"I guess pigs are about to grow wings because..." I shot my last shot and the game was over. "I win!" I began to do a little victory dance that made Zayn laugh.

He took out a token from his front pocket. "Okay, okay! Another round!"

"I see someone can't face the fact that they lost!" I said after my dance was over.

"I lost by this much." He replied showing me the exact measurement with his finger and thumb.

"Fine, because I like you and feel sorry for you, I'll give you another shot." I said with a giggle. "Right after I go to the lady's room." I set down my gun controller and headed for the bathroom.

I began to wash my hands and fix my hair when a girl and her friend walked in.

"Zayn is here! Oh my god, I don't know what to do!" She gushed to her friend. They stood next to me and fixed their hair and make up.

I was hoping the same Zayn I was with, but who else in this arcade would also be named Zayn?

"How did you know he was here?" The other girl asked.

"Someone who knows someone told me." She answered as she fixed her long blonde hair.

"You should have a proper chat with him! Who knows, he might fancy you."

"Maybe, oh he's so bloody hot."

I secretly eyed her. She had long legs, a short denim skirt with a tight navy blue shirt. Of course he'd "fancy" her, why wouldn't he? I had a boyfriend anyway. Whatever. I got out of the bathroom as quickly as I could and fought the urge to pull her - probably fake - hair.

I went over to where I left Zayn and he was talking to a girl who looked like she was around my age. She was very close to him with her chest popping out and he didn't seem to mind.

"We should take a picture." She told him.

"We should, yeah." He got close to her and let that damn tongue hang out while his eyes twinkled away.

"Did you get it?" He asked her after the flash illuminated them.

"Yup." She hugged him and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

I stood there watching it all in shock. I waited until they were finished to go to him.

"You're back! Ready for round two?" He asked, raising his eyebrows repeatedly.

"Actually, um, Kate called. She said she needed me." I lied.

"Oh, okay. Let me just-"

"No you can stay. I'll go home by myself."

"No you're not." He quickly put down the controller and grabbed his leather jacket.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I really didn't want to be alone with him. As we stepped outside and began to walk home, I looked down at my shoes.

"So you're really, uh, popular in the arcade."

He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"These two girls were talking about you in the bathroom."

"Oh?"

"Yeah," I kicked a pebble aside. "And that girl with you..."

"Oh, she was just a-"

"A friend?" I shook my head.

"Well I wouldn't call her a friend per say."

"It doesn't matter, you don't have to tell me anyway. It's really your business, not mine." I said giving him a forced smile.

He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked in silence. I actually thought that I could have feelings for him? That could be forgotten now.