Status: Active

Another World

The Discovery

After lunch with Harry I hurried back off to work, the time passing quickly. Looking up at the clock on the computer, I noticed it was already five. 

"Is it your time to go?" My boss asked as I began to pack up.

I smiled nervously, those gray eyes had such a powering affect. "Yes it is, time goes by when you're having fun eh?"

He raised an eyebrow. "You think work is fun?"

"Only the first day" We both shared a laugh. 

"Miss Evans, I ask of you to join me for dinner? A congratulatory dinner that is"

My eyes widened slightly. This handsome man wanted dinner with me?  Was it even legal for employees and employers to do that? I looked at him bemused, he was gorgeous! With his broaden shoulders, olive skin, pushed back black hair and gray eyes, I knew all the women liked him, so why me?

"Well?" He asked, his lips hinting a smile as he waited for me to answer.
 
"Y-yes. That would be nice" I finally managed to stammer.

"Tomorrow after work?"

"Sounds perfect" 

He nodded and turned around back to his office leaving me with a unsteady heartbeat. Why did he make me feel so intimidated? I shook my head, grabbed my purse and headed out the building.  As I began to walk towards the bus stop, I heard a honking car behind me. Turning around I saw Harry in the car waving and smiling for me to get in. Seeing his face boosted my mood completely, I jogged towards the passenger seat feeling anxious and all too happy to see him.

"Another surprise?" I beamed as I hopped inside and closed the door.

"What can I say? I can't keep away Kate" He winked before driving off. 

"Well I'm glad because I don't seem to want you to keep away"

He raised an eyebrow as he glanced over at me. "I'm relieved to here that. How was your day?"

I began telling him all about my day and before I knew it, we were parking outside the complex. We made our way upstairs and walked in the door to find Valarie video chatting on the couch.

"Is that Jason?" I asked as I placed my purse and keys on the coffee table.

"Yes it is" Valarie smiled as she looked up at me.

I poked my head to the camera and waved. "Hi Jay!"

"Kate!" He yelled through the camera.

"When are you coming to visit? The place is still a mess and we have no food but you're still welcomed"

He laughed. "I'll be visiting soon, I promise"

"I'll see you then" I gave Val a teasing smile and returned to Harry who watched from the doorway. "So Harry, I actually have a little work to be done on that One Direction group. Do you want to help?"

He gave me a cheeky smile. "I can help in lots of ways love, now come" He grabbed my hand and led me to my bedroom. 

I retrieved my laptop as he sat on the bed and started it up as I sat crossed leg on the floor. "I need the papers in my bag, I'll be back" I announced as I ran to get my bag from the living room. I took my spot on the floor as I came back and pulled out the papers from work. 

"What are those?" Harry asked looking down at them.

"My assignment. It says I have to gather information about the group, create some questions, and get some questions from fans"

"Well this should be fun"

I started up google and typed in 'one direction'. A bunch of articles and videos popped up, these boys were very famous apparently. I clicked images and I felt my heart begin to speed as I nearly choked on air. I looked up with wide eyes and an open mouth to Harry who looked at me with amusement written all over his face.

"Hi" He chuckled.

"You asshole!" I yelled as I smacked his leg.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were famous!? You're considered a celebrity!" 

He shrugged. "I wanted you to figure it out on your own"

"Well THANK YOU! I just nearly had a heart attack. What the fuck? Zayn too!?"

Harry nodded as he continued laughing at my reaction. 

"It all makes sense! The private dining room, everyone gawking at you, the pictures at milkshake city, my boss talking about you today! Ugh I can't believe this! How did I not know?" I asked myself as I stared at the computer screen that showed pictures of Harry, Zayn and three other attractive boys.

"I'm glad you didn't figure it out earlier because your reaction was priceless!"

I stuck my tongue out. "Jerk"

Harry joined me on the floor and began looking at the pictures and articles along with me. "Since I have the inside scoop, I'm going to use you to help knowledge me on your group"

"Like I said, I can help you in all ways"

I raised my eyebrows as I looked down at his pink, soft looking lips. He was so close I could reach out and touch him. I cleared my throat and looked away when I noticed how quiet it got as we stared at each other. "So um, tell me about the other boys"

He began pointing to the others that showed on my screen. "Here you have Liam James Payne, Niall James Horan and Louis William Tomlinson. Of course you already know Zayn Javadd Malik"

"Who's Larry Stylinson?" I asked as I spotted an article about it.

Harry laughed. "The fans call Louis and I that because we're so close"

I chuckled. "Are their other nicknames?"

"They call me Hazza sometimes"

"Hazza? It's catchy"

"Feel free to use it"

I began asking loads of questions of how they formed and he told me how they all auditioned as solo acts in the XFactor show but ended up getting put together as a band. They apparently debuted number one on the US billboard charts, won a Brit award, finished a world tour, appeared on many tv shows and even had their own DVD.

"I feel so stupid not knowing about you guys. Looks as if I've been hiding under a rock"

"Maybe you were too busy killing that person and planning your escape to London"

I busted out laughing. "Are you at that again? I did not kill someone!"

"Oh yeah, right. You're here for what was it again? Fresh starts?" He rolled his eyes mockingly.

"Yes you jerk!" I giggled.

"Hey are you guys hungry? I'm thinking of ordering pizza" Valarie asked as she stood at the doorway.

Harry and I both turned our heads, I noticed we were still sitting on the floor. "I can go for a slice." I smiled then looked to Harry. "You?"

"Pizza sounds good"

"Okay Pizza it is. Kate, we seriously need to go food shopping"

I nodded. "I know, I'll try as soon as I can"

"I can always take you if you want" Harry offered.

"Thanks Hazza." I elbowed him teasingly. "Valarie, did you know Zayn, Harry and three other guys are in this famous group called One Direction? The bastards didn't bother telling us" 

Valarie narrowed her eyes. "Are you lying to me?"

"No! Look" I said showing my screen to her.

Her jaw dropped as she got a closer look. "Are you fucking serious?!"

I nodded as she looked to Harry and back at the screen with wide eyes. "That is unbelievable!" 

"Valarie my dear, we're in for a real treat eh?" I smiled as I looked to Harry's beautiful face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So THANK YOU to all those who have continued to read and comment, they mean the world to Caris and I. I ask of you to PLEASE take a second to comment because they're what help us continue writing. We'll appreciate it immensely!!

-Kayla xx