Elena Picks A Salvatore Brother

1/1

“Look Elena, I know it’s always going to be Stefan. You said so yourself, Remember?” Damon started saying, trying his best to pretend that Elena meant nothing to him even though it was obvious that she meant everything. Elena must of already picked Stefan and she was here to let him down easy; Not that there was an easy way to tell someone you don't feel the same way. With Elena out of the picture; Damon would no longer have a reason to continue being the good guy, let alone a reason to live. “Damon..” Elena was starting to say something but Damon interrupted her before she could manage to get past saying his name.

“You can’t make everything better, Elena.” Damon informed her, his eyes staring straight into hers. Damon knew that’s exactly what she would try to do. She would try to say that one day Damon would find someone even better than her, someone that would actually be worth his time. But he didn’t want to hear it, Damon refused to hear her say such things. “Just, Go tell my brother the good news.” Damon said wanting to get this conversation over with before he said something completely stupid; he tends to do such things when he's upset.

Damon was about to turn around and leave when he felt Elena grab a hold of his arm, he could tell by how tightly she was holding on that she wasn't willing to let go, “No!” Elena basically yelled, it was obvious that she wasn’t very happy with Damon. He couldn’t blame her though, he had hardly let her speak the entire time and she's the one who wanted to talk in the first place. Elena probably had a whole speech planned out for this; He could just imagine her sitting in her window seat, with a notebook and pen in her hand, writing down multiple ways to explain why he's not good enough for her. Damon couldn't help but feel special while thinking about Elena spending that much time on something for him, a smile almost appeared on his face but then it quickly faded away when he realized what she was writing.

Damon already knew he would never find anyone better than Elena, because there is no one better than Elena; in his opinion that is. But before he could walk away she started speaking again, “No, Damon you aren’t just going to walk away.” her heart was beating faster than before, “Why not?” He managed to ask but he quickly gave in, “Okay, fine, go ahead and tell me about how you love Stefan and not me.” He said gesturing for Elena to go on.

“I do love Stefan.” She stated, Damon’s heart sunk and just about broke into a million pieces, He already knew that Elena loved Stefan but it was ten times worse to hear Elena say that it was indeed Stefan she wanted to be with. Damon didn’t want anything more than to run out of that room, and leave Mystic falls forever, but something kept him standing there and that was the fact that Elena wasn’t done talking. “But I.” She stopped suddenly trying her best not to stutter. “I’m in love with you, Damon.” It took awhile for Elena’s words to sink in, At first Damon thought this was all just some dream that another vampire was giving him. But when he looked into Elena’s eyes he knew this had to be real. Elena picked him, The girl that he was in love with felt the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is basically how I want Elena to tell Damon she picked him.
Image