Status: Complete

Choking Hazard

And so the story ends...

Bloodshed. That was all anyone in the media could think of to describe the afternoon's activity. It was only five minutes after the meeting had been scheduled to start that the first news van had arrived, quickly setting up to broadcast live pictures of the scene.

The authorities had quickly barricaded the block that housed the dungeon, no one being allowed to enter or leave the perimeter that had been set up. Horrified patrons of the café, it's neighbouring library, or the other buildings that surrounded the area were left to their own shock and terror as emergency services busied themselves with the victims of a presumed vendetta. What else would cause the most important men in the Huntington Beach area to be coating the pavement before them?

Gates had been the first to go down, Johnny's quick firing catching Shadows a short second later. Squidward, for some unknown reason had fled the dungeon shortly after entering, being chased not by flunkies but the boss himself. This caused panic amongst everyone involved in the scheme - how were they supposed to infiltrate the mob without their inside man? How would Krabs get his pilfered money back now?

Not knowing the answer to the most prominent question, at least in his opinion, Krabs was soon fleeing the comfortable seat he'd hidden himself in. His erratic actions alerted Zacky, Jimmy and Evie to his presence. Disappointed they hadn't noticed him spying on their operation they were soon following his lead, heading towards the action out in the street. Evie was calling for Spongebob to bring the van around, knowing an escape vehicle would be her preferred method of leaving the scene she found in front of her.

Johnny however, from his place atop a nearby building, was just getting into his work. He was enjoying the idea of being the most influential person in the area at that moment, knowing he held the fates of those on the streets below. Quickly taking out Squidward, who had always annoyed him with the constant abuse and criticism thrown his way while working at Krabby Burger, a large smile flashed across his features, which only grew wider when he caught sight of a speeding yellow monstrosity. Taking up his new aim, one bullet pierced a tyre, putting the van into a slide. This gave Johnny a clear shot at Spongebob through the windscreen.

Almost wishing he'd had the foresight to bring a video camera along with him, Johnny took his next shot with measured precision on his out breath. A perfect headshot, not that anyone would notice after the extra damage the sponge would receive as the van he was no longer in control of careered into a lamp post before ricocheting across into the path of a semi.

Amazed at his fluked timing Johnny refocussed his sights towards the entrance of the dungeon. Shadows' men had since fled, not bothering with their now former boss lying lifeless over the threshold. Krabs was staring, shocked, at the aforementioned body, scarcely believing his eyes. He didn't have much time to comprehend the images before he joined the pile though. Yet another killing for the hell of it.

Zacky, Jimmy and Evie were the only ones left outside after that. Sirens could be heard starting up in the distance, signalling that they needed to remove themselves from the area. The last thing any of them needed was to be in the eye of the law, especially since their fingerprints could be found all through the dungeon. Johnny was also thinking that way, since he could no longer count on Krabs to summon a distraction for him.

Not even a minute later he found himself running down the alleyway he'd parked beside, jumping into his old Volvo, screeching tires and smoke the only evidence of his being there. The only destination in his mind was Krabby Burger. Now that Krabs was gone, unknown to the employees, he was free to raid the safe and build himself a new life wherever he pleased. There wouldn't be more than around ten thousand in there, but it was enough of a haul when he added it to what he already had stashed away.

Unfortunately for him and others, the thoughts of a new life distracted him from the task of concentrating on the road before him. Cars had to swerve violently, brake suddenly or do anything else they could to avoid him as he drove carelessly down the city streets towards the highway. One vehicle however was oblivious to his presence, and ultimately paid the price of three souls for its ignorance.

More news crews, sick of not being allowed close enough to the dungeon to get a good shot of the carnage, headed out to the freeway to report of the multiple fatalities suffered. Four untimely deaths, with vengeance never to be dealt forth from any of them again.

x

Gary was a mightily shocked snail when he turned on that evening's news broadcast. A loud, excited, "Meow," left his lips as it was announced that identities of the slain men in Huntington Beach were coming forward. Even though they were only unconfirmed reports, Gary knew in his hearts that his dream had finally come true - Spongebob would no longer rule over him, in this pineapple house anyway.

A tinge of sadness was felt, however, as the other names sunk in. Vengeance Inc. had long been a trusted service for him, and with Evie gone too he would have to seek far and wide for worthy replacements. The 'hobo' in the Volvo held no bearing on his emotions, nor the other three prominent victims, other than a slight sense of happiness that they no longer held him back from visions of ruling the entire area.
♠ ♠ ♠
The insanity is over!
Not so funny this time, but really.. how many massacre's are?

Hope ya liked it Evie!!! [and anyone else who managed to actually read this monstrosity]