I don't hate Zombies, I just love killing them

Bear, Bubbles, Monster and Princess

Dylan was driving down the highway at full speed, humming as she did so. Axel sat sleeping in his booster seat next to her, an arrangement of weapons sitting between them.
They were driving to Atlanta, however as they got closer more and more cars blocked the road.
“Fucking mother fuckers not thinking that maybe I would be fucking driving, bet the cunts didn’t even think they would be fucking blocking me way” Dylan growled as her truck moved off the highway and onto the glass in between the road and tree line.
“Mama? I needa peepee” Axels small voice made Dylan smile as she slowed her truck and pulled over.
Grabbing her new “Mac daddy O” and strapping 2 Vakra to her back, Dylan jumped out and went to the other side, pulling Axel out she took him to the trees so he could do his stuff. Her Rottweiler, Bubbles keeping watch from the truck.
Dylan heard it before she saw it, the sound of twigs snapping under weight and branches moving.
“Axel baby, you done?”
“Yes Mama”
“Baby go hid under the truck”
Axel did as he was told, scurrying to the big black Hilux and getting under it.
“Oi cunt, either come out of you meet Mac daddy” Dylan half shouted.
“Mac Daddy? What you ghetto?” A man came out from the right, his flannel shirt covered in blood, his right arm wrapped in a piece which had clearly been torn off.
“No, but when you work for Zombie Tools then nothing is suprising.”
“Zombie Tools? That a fucking joke Princess?” The man laughed as he glared.
“No fucking way Hick, now what do you want?” Dylan demanded.
Zombie tools was a company she had done a lot of work for, they made weapons, strange how the world works.
“I was with a group, Me and my Little brother. Fucking bastards we were with handcuffed me and left me on a roof because I got in a fight.” The man was clearly VERY angry over that.
“I’m assuming then that pretty little bandage isn’t for decoration then.” Dylan motioned to the missing hand.
“Looky here Princess, I wanna get back to my brother, either help or give me a fucking blade and get out of my way”
Dylan could see he would fight her for the blades he wanted, not something her baby needed to see.
“You know where they are? This group that fucked you over?” More people, more weapons, better safety.
“You gunna stop me from hurting them?”
Dylan thought for a moment, “Your fight not mine”
The man nodded.
“Merle, Merle Dixon” Merle held out his good hand.
“Dylan, my son under the truck is Axel. I have a first aid kit and I know how to stitch someone up if you want that hand fixed up”
Merle nodded “I would owe you something wicked like”
Dylan motioned him to follow, back at the truck she got Axel out and put him back in his booster seat before pulling out the first aid kit.
Merle determined not to show weakness as she cleaned and stitched up the stump.
“Just you and the kid?” Merle asked, not believing his small chick could be alone, sure she had a fuck ton of weapons but you needed more than that to survive.
“Yep, don’t you go thinking I can’t do shit, boy I can handle any weapon you give me better than you can take a piss and I can damn well kick your fat ass, even if you had both hands”
“How you manage to think you can do all that?”
“Daddy was a guns and weapons maker and hunted in all his spare time and with Mummy in the army he had me to take with him everywhere. Now get the fuck it next to Axel and tell me where to drive.” Dylan said with an overly happy and sarcastic tone as she put all her stuff away.

Axel had stared at Merle for 5min straight as they drove, finally he decided to say what he had decided.
With his little fingers curled like claws he made his ‘scary face’ “GRRRRR yousa bear grrr”
Dylan chuckled, Merle just looked at the kid “Merle” he said pointing to himself.
Axel however shook his head and pointed back “Bear”
“Merle”
“Bear”
“Merle”
“Bear
“Mer-le”
“be-ar”
“You my new friend, are fighting a lost cause, Bubbles is called Bubbles because the little man wouldn’t call her Fang like I had first called her”
“But BEAR?” Merle complained.
“Would you prefer Bubbles? Do you know how hard it is to have a dog like that how people are scared of and then have to call her Bubbles? It takes away a lot of the Badass status”
“I guess its ok, but if I’m Bear, then you are now Princess and he is…….Monster” Merle smirked knowing he wouldn’t be the only one with a retarded nickname.
“I like you Merle, you are a good ole southerner, tough as nails on the out and a teddy bear on the inside.”
“Don’t you dare tell anyone”

“Just in here” Merle told Dylan as she pulled in just behind a RV, a group of people gathering as her pulled out weapons, unsure of who was in the huge Hilux with tinted windows so you couldn’t see in.
Bubbles was tied in on the back and was growling as the weapons being held in their direction.
“That nigger, he’s the reason I was cuffed, don’t take orders from no black man”
“Like I said, you sure are a true man of the south. I have no right to stand between you and getting back your own but I don’t want Axel to see it, you sort it away from my son. Kids shouldn’t have to see what this world has become and how we sort our shit” Dylan told Merle who nodded.
“Mummy said a bad word” Axel yelled and pointed.
“I’m sorry Axel, now you need to stay behind Ma and Bear ok? Keep a hand on Bubbles when we get out.” Axel nodded.
“Bear-bear you wait with him while I talk, if you have beef I want no part just yet.”
Dylan didn’t wait for a reply, she just got out with her hands showing, Vakra still strapped to her back.
“You boys wanna get your shit outta my face?” Dylan yelled before backing up to Bubbles and unclipping her.
“You been bit?” A man in a police outfit yelled and he motioned for weapons to be lowered.
“Nope, I’m Dylan. This is Bubbles. My sone Axel is in the car, along with something I believe belongs to you.” Dylan stated as the men moved closer.
“Oh and whats that?” A scruffy looking man who held a cross bow asked, little trust in his voice but a lot of anger.
The door of the truck opened, Axel carefully handed to Dylan as Merle carefully made his way out.
“That anyway to speak to your brothers savior?” Merle smiled as he moved to the man.
Crossbow smiled and went to greet his brother, everyone else stiffened.