I don't hate Zombies, I just love killing them

Killing and Watching

After getting dressed and ready Dylan approached the woman ‘Carol’
“Can you please watch Axel for me?” Dylan asked trying to be polite.
“Um sure, why where are you going?” Coral asked as she looked to her husband.
“Hunting” Dylan kissed Axel before she secured her blades and walked off into the tree-line.

Dylan was tracking a stag, as she had been for 2 hours, deciding against a gun she was going full native, ZT spikes and her Vakra and a knife for gutting. For the last little while she could hear someone following her, and judging by the stealth she assumed it to be ‘Wolf’ also known as Daryl Dixon.
Another hour past before Dylan could get within afew feet, with 3 spikes in her left hand she lined up the spike in her right, aiming for the eye.
With a swift and sharp throw the spike wet flying through the air and hit its target perfectly, the stag dropped.
Moving quickly Dylan removed the spike and used her Vakra to slit its throat, changing knife to gutted it.
“You gunna come help or just stare and make me do all the work?” Dylan called.
“That wasn’t a throwing knife was it?” Daryl came from the left, crouching down he started helping.
“Spike”
After gutting the beast Daryl stood up, “whose gunna start dragging it then”
“You drag it? Fuck that, you turn it into a back pack, don’t you know anything you hick” Dylan shook her head and grabbed to dog leads, the left front and back legs were tied together, same with the right.
“Crouch down” Dylan instructed. Doing what was asked Daryl got ready as the stag was heaved onto his back, his arms hooking through the gaps between where the legs were held together.

“Alright Wolf, pass me that thing, I’m feeling jealous”
Daryl nodded before helping Dylan get the stag on her back, he had only carried it 1/3 of the way and was surprised by how soon she wanted to take over.

Merle had quickly scoped Axel up when Ed had followed the women down to the river, he had noticed what Ed did and he owed it to Dylan to protect him from the world as she tried so hard to do.
“Merle!” Daryls voice could be heard enter the clearing.
“Get ya knife Brother! We having steak tonight!” Daryls voice cut through once again.
It was late afternoon and everyone heard the promise of steak and started to gather.
Daryl came into view first, his face full of excitement.
“Then where is the damn steak?!” Merle yelled as he moved forward to meet his brother.
“I ant never see a girl stalk, kill, and gutt, the take the damn thing off me before we even hit half way” Daryl laughed, a hint of pride flashing through his eyes.
Looking behind him, Daryl watched as Dylan came walking in, sweat lightly coating her face as her army boots carried her further into the clearing.
Smiles lit up on all the faces as Dylan put the beast on the ground.
“Com’n boys, its not gonna cut its self up and then cook its self now will it?” Dylan called, Merle and Daryl quickly pulling out knives.

Dylan had never claimed to be social, she didn’t really like people. Blades made better company, they don’t complain, whine, get in the way.
They move where you move them to, when you move them, they never try and kill you after turning into monsters. In the last few hours Dylan had watched, perched up in a tree and sat with her spit stone slowly sharpening any dull edges on her many blades, from where she sat she could watch Axel play with Bubbles and Merle laughed and hammered nails into a baseball bat.
Andrea , Dylan had decided was a depressing soul, she was annoying. Constantly complaining that life was pointless.
Amy, Andreas sister was on the brighter side, still annoying.
Dale, old man, caring, sort of wise. Not so annoying.
Lori, selfish and a fuckwit, should be stabbed.
Shane, going crazy, fuckwit.
Ed, abusive bastard.
Glenn, she saw a glint of hope not to be a fuckwit, the kid was quick.
Rick, too busy looking after everyone to see the small things.
Coral, tried seeing the best in everyone.
Jimmy, caring, good man.
Jacquie, not much of a character, keeps to herself.
Merle or Bear, true south to the bone, racist, and hard. Cool to the touch but has more loyalty than any dog you will ever find, once he cared he will do anything to protect, not even taking revenge because he was calculating, like any good hunter, waiting for the right moment.
Then Daryl or as Axel had named him Wolf, he was something that Dylan wanted to figure out, he separated himself from everyone yet he cared, she could see it in the way he always got enough food for everyone, giving himself less food than everyone else so they could eat better.