Status: Alive

Save You Tonight

Just Friends.

Harry never got to pick his elective at this school, not that they had many classes that interested him. At his last school criminology was very popular...at this school sports and fitness or drama were the big guns, he was told there were spaces available in media and gardening, or he could be shoved into drama. Harry was squeezed into the small English classroom with the English (and part time/seasonal drama) teacher Mr Dunc.

On Tuesday morning Louis was in his element. He started off the lesson by scribbling out a rough sketch of a potential costume for Danny. It seemed this years musical was going to be Grease, and Louis was more than beside himself with excitement. The next ten minutes were spent digging out useful past costumes then trying to memorize the lines and song he had been given from Joseph and the Amazing Technicoloured Dreamcoat for the audition process.

"You should audition Harry!"

Harry laughed and shook his head. He was no actor. He was, however, interested in helping out with costumes, hair etc. He made a mental note to ask Mr Dunc if he could become a stage hand.

***

Both boys had English second period with different teachers. Louis was in Mrs Nelsons class and sat at the front next to Niall. Niall knew not to speak to Louis once work started, so Louis had no problem sitting with him. Harry had been placed in Mr Ford's class with Nathan and Liam. He sat infront of the two and they welcomed him into conversation happily.

Louis threw himself into the seat next to Niall and pulled his writing out his bag, they were trying to complete folio's and he was writing a dark monologue about a fathers revenge on his daughter's murderer. Niall turned to Louis looking pissed.

"I forgot I had a bone to pick with you."

"Huh?"

Niall genuinely looked pissed off, this worried Louis as Niall was a very calm, laid back person. He barely showed signs of anger or upset. Louis stayed silent so to prompt Niall to reveal why he was pissed.

"You let the new kid find out about your...being sick. What's all that about? You don't know you can trust him."

Louis sighed and placed his head in his hands. Niall subconsciously played around with the lid of his blue ball point pen. Louis hated that Harry knew, it would be easier if he was clueless like his other friends, but it had happened now and he'd have to deal with it.

"Niall it's not like I did it on purpose. I can trust him, okay? I know something pretty heavy about him so he'd be too scared to mention it to anyone else anyway."

"He told me." Niall looked almost smug at his winning the arguement.

Louis frowned and then shrugged. He knew Harry didn't tell Niall to be vindictive, he was most likely worried and didn't know how to react. He knew Louis and Niall were best friends. He would have guessed Niall knew.

"What's going on between you two anyway? If it wasn't for the fact I know what you're like I'd be scared of getting replaced," Niall gave Louis a cheeky smile. It was common for him to snap out of his bad moods as quickly as he got into them.

"What do you mean? I'm just helping him settle in..."

"That's what I mean. You're too nice for your own good. I mean I like the kid, don't get me wrong...but your stuck at the hip."

Louis shrugged once more and turned to his monologue trying to figure out how he could change one of the scenes to make the speech flow better, like a real human conversation. It was a mistake that a lot of amatuer writers made, and he didn't want to make the same error.

"So has he tried anything yet?" Louis turned round and looked at Niall with a raised eyebrow, "well he's gay isn't he? Cause if that's straight then this whole metrosexual thing has gone too far."

Louis laughed loudly then went red and lowered himself in his seat slightly as every set of eyes moved to their direction. Niall laughed aswell, but not as loudly as his friend had done.

"Just because he's gay or whatever doesn't mean anything is going to happen. I like girls."

Niall shrugged and opened his English folder trying to stop the cheeky grin from breaking out across his face as he instantly thought up a reply to Louis statement.

"I'm not so sure you do...you haven't been with one for almost a year," he teased.

Louis punched Niall's arm playfully then told him to shut up so he could finish his monologue.

***

Sixth period History was dragging by painfully slowly. Harry threw his pen down onto his notepad and looked left to see how far Louis had gotten in writing down the slide on the board. Louis didn't lose his concentration, he wanted to pass History come exam time.

"Lou..?" Harry whispered leaning close to Louis and pausing only for a few seconds until he continued "Louis, I'm bored!"

Louis concentration remained on what he was doing infront of him, "I'm working, you should try it."

Harry looked taken a back, his face going red. Turning back to his notepad he picked up his pen and started sketching a little stick man getting into bother with a giant hill and a broken bike. After a few minutes he giggled quietly to himself and prodded Louis in the middle of his cheek. Louis tried to keep a straight face but he couldn't do it, he laughed and turned to Harry with a raised eyebrow.

"I've finished it...you're a slow writer," Harry flashed an innocent smile.

Louis caught Harry in the eye and looked away almost instantly, blushing deep red. He had never properly looked at Harry's eyes before, he knew what colour they were, but he never realised just how beautiful they were. Louis could feel Harry's eyes still on him, but he couldn't look back, he was too embarrassed.

Mrs Kenzie changed the slide and the two both started writing again. Once Harry was finished he turned to Louis again.

"Are there any parties this weekend?"

Louis thought for a moment. He knew there wasn't, but there was nothing stopping him from throwing a small party with his group. His sisters were staying at his dads this weekend and although he was meant to be aswell, his dad would understand him coming over late, he was a pretty cool dad, plus his mum was going out with her work friends.

"Yeah I'm having one, I'm going to invite everyone tonight."

"Cool" Harry gave Louis a casual smile, trying to play ot cool. Little did he know that he wasn't the only person trying to keep his cool at that table.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really just a filler...next chapter will be a lot longer...and more intresting...and such.

CC!