Status: writing

Love Like This

Ch. 5

A week later,i met up with Stephen again. He gave me his number and Ive been texting him ever since. Jamie thought he liked me,but i just thought of us as friends. I mean,i had Jordan back home,i couldnt cheat on him. I had feelings for Stephen,though. He was my first friend here,besides Jamie. He would text me things like "love ya" and "hey beautiful". I never really thought much of it,though. Stephen was just being nice right?

Stephen picked me up at 8 to get drinks. Back in highschool,i wasnt involved in the party scene,but i thought about trying it. Yes,i was underage,but oh well,right? We got to the bar at around 8:30 and Stephen immediately saw a group of his friends.
"Casey,this is Justin,Ryan,and Josh."
"Oh hi guys" i said,looking at the big smiles on their faces. They were probably too drunk to even remember my name.

Stephen ordered me a drink,and sat down with his friends. I took one sip and almost gagged. It burned my throat,like acid. I pretended to like it,so i would seem cool. His friend Justin was too drunk to even stand up. His words were slurred,i couldnt hear what he was trying to say. Stephen downed his drink in 30 seconds,and ordered 4 more,all for him. The rest of his friends just laughed at anything.

I looked like the biggest idiot,sitting there,playing along. Justin reeked of beer and ciggaretes. Josh didnt drink,but he smoked half a pack. He offered me one,but i declined. I guess the party scene really wasnt for me. It was already 10 oclock,and i was sitting at the bar,crying my eyes out. Stephen was no where to be found.
"Cassie,whats wrong?" Justin asked,holding an empty glass
"Its Casey,actually. And nothings wrong." I said,wiping my eyes.
"Tell me" he said, leaning on the bar for support
"Im going home" i said,getting up

I didnt know where i was,or how i could get home. Ive only been in phoenix for a week,i dont know my way around. So,i started walking. I took my heels off,and walked slowly down the block. I could smell the beer on me,my hair smelled like ciggaretes. I couldnt stop crying. Stephen just left me at the bar,around all of his drunk friends. Im only 18,how would i know my way around Phoenix at 10PM? My phone rang,Stephens special ringtone. I answered,reluctantly.

"What?" I said,fighting back tears
"Where are you?" He said,worried
"I dont know" i yelled,crying
"Come back to the bar. Ill take you home."
"NO youre drunk!"
"No,i promise im not"
"I wanna go home,Stephen. Right now. Please" i cried,stopping in the middle of the sidewalk
I heard a car comming down the sreet,it was Stephens. I got in the passenger seat.

"Casey,im so-"
"Save it. I never want to talk to you or any of your drunk friends. Do you know how upset i was? Take me home"

We sat in scilence the rest of the way home. He dropped me off,kissing my cheek before i left.