Status: writing

Love Like This

Ch. 7

Maybe it was for the best,I thought as I waited outside for Stephen the next day. As i sat on the porch swing,I put my head in my hands. What was i going to do? I loved Stephen,but I loved Jordan too. My phone buzzed,looking down I saw it was Jordans number.

Jordan--Sent: 2:30 PM

Dont think this long distance thing will work. Its for the best?

My hands started shaking and I could already feel tears in my eyes. My boyfriend of 2 years,was breaking up with me. I threw my iphone across the porch,hearing the thud as it hit the ground. I got up,pacing the porch. What was I going to do? I never did anything to jordan,except move here. We promised eachother the long distance relationship would work...but I guess it didnt.

A few minutes later,Stephen walked up to the porch,suprised i was crying. I sat on steps,shaking and crying,embarassed Stephen saw me like this.

"Casey,whats wrong? I-I came here to apologize" he said,sitting next to me. I pointed to my phone that was half way across the porch. He went to go pick it up,and just stared at the screen.

"Aw,Casey,im so sorry" he said,sitting next to me again.
"I cant even fix it. Im 2,000 miles away from him."
"You dont need to fix it. Long distance relationships never work"
"You dont get it! We've been together since junior year"

Secretly, I didnt want to fix anything. I liked Stephen. Maybe more than a best friend. He said things Jordan wouldnt. He called me beautiful,Jordan would never do that. Sometimes,he would look at me different. He wouldnt show me off like some trophy to his friends.

"I should go" Stephen said,getting up
"No,Stephen,please stay" I said,looking up at him.
"But youre mad at me. Why do you want me to stay?" He started walking away
"Im not mad at you,I promise."
"You hate me" He said,stopping at the driveway
"I love you Stephen"

He turned around,smiling. I wiped the tears from my eyes,smiling too.

"I love you too,Cas"