The Dream Journal.

Supernatural warfare.

The putrid, metallic smell of blood and dirt. Guttural, gurgling screams roared from blood-filled windpipes. The smells and sounds of civil war burned his nostrils and rang in his ears ten times as terrible as any normal man. He tore through the field, tooth and nail, ignoring the flesh of strangers clinging to his clothes and hair, finally catching sight of her in the middle of the fray sporting a large splattering of blood across her torso and her face, whether or not it belonged to her, he couldn't be sure. As he sped closer he also noticed a large patch of her scalp was bloody where the hair had been ripped out by the roots. "Get the fuck in here!" he growled at her, teeth bared, but while still moving and fighting, she only turned to him to glare, mildly unimpressed, "You must be joking." In contrast, his expression was positively demented as he shouted at her "I swear on the crack of Lucifer's charred asshole, if you don't get in this ring.." but he was cut off as a large bladed mechanism swiped at his head. As they swirled around each-other, taking out human and machine, he hastily searched for an opening, a hard knock to the shoulder forced him to turn around and a split second before he decapitated something that was less than human, he fiercely jabbed his middle and ring finger into the abdomen of the girl. With a horrific synchronicity, the girl let out a gasp and dispersed into what looked like a million grains of sand, that flowed smoothly into the mans ornate ring, just as the headless body fell to the ground.