Status: completed.

The Wrong One

twenty-eight

The concert went great. They left the stage to fans screaming for them and they all had smiles on their faces. So far, the tour itself was going amazingly. Nothing had messed up, no one was sick, the shows were sold out and everyone loved their new album. As much as Zacky loved being on stage, he couldn’t wait to get back to the bus so he could talk to Sian.

It felt like ages since he’d seen her and he desperately wanted to tell her how the show went.

He leaped up the few steps into the tour bus and saw that it was empty. Making sure no one was around he pulled out his cell phone and started to dial her number.

“Zacky!” someone hollered from outside the bus.

It sounded like one of the guys, so he pressed the red “end” button and turned around to go back down the steps. At the bottom of the steps, he looked around. No one was there.

Suddenly, his head was drenched in water. He looked up in time to see a water balloon coming right for him and he didn’t have time to move before it landed on his shoulder, bursting open and drenching him again.

As an afterthought, he threw his phone onto the tour bus as more and more balloons came at him. He tried running away from the bus, but more just came at him. He screamed for them to stop and then he heard a laugh.

Turning around, he saw Sian standing on top of the bus with a yellow balloon in her hand. Her other hand was on her hip and she had a huge smile plastered on her face. She took aim and threw another balloon at him but he stepped to the side and it missed, splattering all over the parking lot.

“You bitch!” he called, but he was laughing.

Another balloon hit him in the back of the head. He whirled around and saw Johnny and Matt Berry laughing, one of them doubled over. Suddenly, they stopped laughing as a balloon hit both of them.

All around him, a huge water balloon fight was breaking out. The only problem is he didn’t have any ammo. A hand caught his arm and pulled him backwards. He turned his head to see Sian pulling on his arm.

“What the hell are you doing?!” he asked as she pulled him behind a concrete barrier.

From there, he saw a huge tub filled with water balloons and he laughed.

“I’m being spontaneous,” she said as she flung a balloon, laughing as it hit Matt in the shoulder.

“I don’t understand,” Zacky said and launched one. It hit Val in the leg.

“Childhood Wish Number Fifty Six,” Sian said while she threw another one. “Have a water balloon fight.”

“I didn’t help with this one, though.”

“You’re helping now if your aim was better! Come on, Zacky. I thought you were supposed to be good at baseball! You’re fucking pathetic!”

Not insulted, but wanting to get her back, Zacky lifted a balloon as if he was going to throw it and then smashed it on her head, drenching her dry body.

Her mouth made an “O” as she blinked the water out of her eyes.

“You asshole!”

She was going to get him back when Val turned up with a water gun. Johnny was right behind her and they had to pick up the tub and run. They set the tub down and grabbed as many as they could since the two were gaining on them.

They moved around into different positions, throwing balloons at whoever they could. Zacky stopped in mid-throw as he watched Sian move around the parking lot, getting soaked by the others.

He couldn’t believe it had been two years since she had agreed to come on tour with him. She decided the first month of the tour that she wasn’t going back. She had also confessed that the last Friday she worked before they took off to Laguna Beach she’d turned in the papers to stop the internship. Since then, she’d been his constant companion on tour. She helped Val out during the shows and after with the merchandise and she’d been there for him the whole time. Hell, she’d told him the other day if it was up to her, she’d never go home. He’d never been happier and he’d never seen her happier.

Finally, the fight was over and she and Johnny leaned against each other, clutching their sides in laughter. She stood up and pushed the wet hair out of her face before looking around. She caught sight of Zacky and moved to where he stood. She shook her hair out, letting water fly all over him. He laughed and pulled her in for a hug.

They wrapped their arms around each other and stood rocking back and forth in the parking lot.

“I love you,” Zacky said into her hair.

“I love you, too,” Sian said back, smiling.

“No regrets?”

“Absolutely none,” she said back to him. “And to think…you almost married the wrong one.”

“Almost,” Zacky said and leaned in to kiss her again. “Speaking of marriage…”

Sian watched as he pulled away from her and leaned down to one knee. A little black velvet box held a bright diamond in the middle of it as Zacky opened the top.

“If you say no, I’m going to kidnap you and take you back to Europe and spoil you until you do say yes. Honestly, you’d be saving yourself a bunch of trouble if you just said yes now,” Zacky said. “Plus, you’d be making me really happy if you went ahead and said yes now. That way, when I go back onto the bus, I can stop being called a pussy because I haven’t asked you yet.”

“Wow, Zacky; that was romantic.”

“What can I say,” he said and shrugged but he smiled. “I’m a romantic motherfucker.”

“Get the hell up,” Sian said, smiling.

He stood up and pulled the ring out of the box, placing it on her ring finger of the hand she was holding out.

“So are you saying yes?”

“Zacky, if I agreed to give up everything else for you, do you really think I’d say no to marrying you?”

“I just wanted to make sure.”

“Yes, you silly kid, I will marry you,” Sian said and wrapped her arms around his neck for a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's not the best ending in the world.. but i love it.
i want to personally thank all of those who've read this story, commented on it and recommended it. you guys are the greatest ever! for those of you who've given me inspiration and ideas, i thank you, too <3

don't forget that All or Nothing is still going (i'm updating that next) and also i've got a new one Frozen is up, too. however, i'm going to be taking that down to edit it and then continue from there.

drop a comment;;