Code Name: JTMD

Overreacting Little Sophomore

“There’s no way in hell JTMD stands for ‘Just Think More Dots’.” A giggle bubbled in my throat as I read Alex’s message via Facebook, in reference to my most recent post.

“Nope,” I typed back, a grin on my lips. “It doesn’t.”

Immediately after my proclamation of revenge, Aly and Laura instantly began discussing what we can call ourselves. What to call our plan to destroy the boy who’d cheated, played, and used more than half of the girls in Medfield, not to mention in almost every other town in a five mile radius. At first, we were at a lost because no name seemed to fit exactly what we were looking for. That is, until Aly reminisced about a movie all three of us new only too well. And thus, John Tucker Must Die was born, though only referred to as JTMD to throw the enemy and curious ears off.

The moment I had arrived home from babysitting Riley and Lucie, I posted on Facebook, “JTMD – commence!” to which Aly commented the backup title, “Just Think More Dots” in reference to her love of polka dots on clothing. But clearly, we couldn’t pull one on the computer wiz, boob-loving Alex.

“Care to explain, horndog?” he typed back and I groaned at the nickname. He calls me the horny one. Yeah, okay.

“You know Donovan?” Stupid question, everyone knows him. “Well, me and some girls are going to take revenge on him for being a piece of shit.”

“I told you it’d be stupid to give him and chance,” Alex retorted. “But do you listen to me? No, definitely not Alex. I do not support this endeavor. Plus, I think you’re overreacting a bit. I mean, I’m sure it’s all the same old stuff he always does and anyway, he’s graduating in a few months. There’s really no point in doing this shit now, Gena.”

Hearing – or rather, reading – him say that probably hurt more than it should have. Actually, it definitely hurt more than it should have. Now, looking back at this moment, he was giving me a choice: laying out my options on a silver platter. Either I could become consumed in the desire to get back at a boy who would never change his ways for a dramatic, pissed off sophomore like myself, or I could forget this ever happened and go on with my life.

But at that time, I only saw one possible choice, and there was no way I was going to go back on it no matter what came my way.

Tomorrow was Monday, and Operation JTMD must hit phase one, no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
A really short, filler chapter, but my sister and a commenter reminded me of this. It doesn't seem important right now, but it is pretty significant.

Updates should be longer in the future!:)