The Wrong Type of Love

Time Flies

"So," Bambi said, licking her fingers one by one after she finished her big mac. "Are you training for a marathon or something? Cause you were running FAST!"

I felt myself blush under her stare. "Maybe. I don't know why I was running that fast," yes, you do. "Maybe I'll join a marathon."

"Oh!" she answered, moving in her seat so she sat Indian style. "How exciting. I wish I was more athletic. I'm not exactly built for sports," she answered, picking up her pale arm and making a muscle. Or what was supposed to be a muscle.

"I take what I get," I answered, finishing up my fry. Bright idea,Cassie. Go for a run, then end it with eating McDonald's.

Bambi was cute. She was pale with a round face and very light blue eyes. Her hair was almost white but the roots were darker. It had a bit of a messy wave to it, but ti worked on her. She was half a head shorter then me... which may explain why I knocked her across the street almost.

"Well, Cassie, we have to be friends now you know," she said, pointing to me. "It's fate!"

I laughed. "Okay, but why?" She was kind of immature and got excited easily, but I liked it. I found it impossible to be miserable around her, so there's nothing to lose.

"Well, because you ran into me! When these things happen you can't just let it go! It's a higher power working," she said matter of factly. "Put your number in my phone," she ordered.

I put my number in her phone and while she put hers in mine I chuckled at how someone so little was intimidating me. For someone so small she had a lot of personality.

"Okay, Well I've got to got meet my room mate, so I'll call you later!" she said, jumping up and giving me a kiss on both cheeks. I flushed at the unexpected contact and waved goodbye and she skipped out the door.

Bambi definitely had happy rays spewing off her, because once she was gone the misery was inching up my body again. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. It was her.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Cassie! How are things? I'm having such a great time! Frank is too, he says hi. It's gorgeous here! So has anything crazy happened lately? Did I miss it?"

I felt my lips try to go up in a smile as tears came to my eyes at the same time. "No, nothings happened. I'm glad your having fun. Hi Frank."

"She says hi back," I heard her say to her husband. "Well, I've got to go, I just wanted to check in. I'll see you in a couple of days!"

"Bye," I couldn't bring myself to say her name.

"Bye... I love you," she answered, the last three words in a more serious tone.

I hung up and walked out of the fast food restaurant and didn't even bother running. I felt my throat clog up, I feel my stomach dropping, and the wetness behind my eyes was prominently there. But I couldn't cry. Not even when I got home. Why'd she have to say that? Why can't she just tell me that she's over me, that she never loved me? i know it's hard for her, being in love with two people... but at least spare me! Don't lead me on. Sometimes she was so frustrating but I couldn't find it in me to yell at her. She was my angel. My reason. Yeah, we fight. We fight a lot. But we were never truly angry at each other. This relationship we had.. it was unhealthy for me. Because she was my everything, and I was only half of her everything.

Two hours and a pint of ice cream and a fluffy love movie later, Bambi called me.

"Hey! Do you want to get wasted tonight?"

I laughed at her bluntness. "That's exactly what I need."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please.... I'm bringing a new character into the next chapter... an important character!