Until The End

Crossing a Line

I went too far this time. I crossed a line that can't be uncrossed. All so I could win. Win a game that's been going to since we were ten. Seven years of the same thing. I'm just tired of it all and I'm going to end it, tonight. I'll tell him tonight.

“Hello?” Finn answered his phone quietly.

“Hey boyfriend. I have to talk to you.” I wait to hear his answer.

“I can't right now.” I can tell by his tone that he's with her.

“No wonder you couldn't hang out tonight.” I snap at him.

“Hey, come on now.” Finn says. Seven years of this, of having to share the love of my life with her.

“Finn, this is important, like REALLY, important.” I try again, controlling my temper.

“Alright, I'll be right over.” Finn says. Before hanging up I can hear him lying to Quinn about why he's leaving.

“What's up Rachel?” Finn asks as he wraps his strong arms around me.

“Here, sit down.” I let him go and sit on my bed.

“This is what was so important?” Finn smirks at me, thinking that I'm talking about having sex.

“No, that's not-” I try but Finn's kissing me and I momentarily forget why I wanted him here tonight.

“Finn.” I say.

“Hmmm?” He moves down my neck.

“God.” I breathe. I can't say no, I just can't. I let Finn push me down on my bed and undress me.

“I love you Finn.” I tell him. Finn stops and looks at me.

“I love you too Rachel.” He says.

“I have to tell you something.” I sit up on my elbows, half naked.

“What is it?” Finn stares at me. I look down at my bare stomach, at a loss for words.

“Rach, come on, what is it?” Finn plays with my belly ring waiting.

“I don't want you to see Quinn anymore.” I start out.

“Rachel, we've talked about this.” Finn says still fingering the little heart, he gave me with the words Love You written on the back, hanging from my neck.

“I know, it's just-” I try but he interrupts me.

“Rach, I love you but I love her too.” This is like a smack to the face.

“You love her?” I asks, tears blurring my vision. Finn just nods his head.

“Have you...slept with her?” I ask knowing that answer.

“Rachel...” Finn looks conflicted.

“I don't know what I was thinking.” I say pushing his hand off me and standing up.

“Rachel, you know this already.” Finn points out a fact.

“Yeah, I know. I know that you spend more time with Quinn than with me. I know that you say you love me but never show it. I know that you take her places and we only stay in. I know that you guys are in the halls all the time kissing and I don't have more than ten pictures of us together. I know a lot about you guys, about us.” I blow up.

“Is this why you wanted me over here? So you could make me feel bad?” Finn yells back.

“No, actually! I had you come over so I could tell you that I'm pregnant.” I scream so loud I'm sure my neighbors heard. As soon as I say it though I cup a hand over my mouth.

“What?” Finn lowers his voice. I don't say anything, I just stand there looking at him.

“You're pregnant?” Finn's yelling again. He runs a hand through his hair and walks over to my door. He punches it hard and I can see a hole in it. I walk towards him to see his hand.

“Don't!” Finn says violently and I stop in my tracks.

“Pregnant.” Finn says to himself and walks out the door.

I hear him stomp down my stair and out the front door. I let out a sob and look around my room. My eyes stop on my full length mirror. I look like a mess. I'm standing in my bra and shorts. Mascara is in streaks down my face and I'm all puffy from crying. My eyes land on the shinny little silver heart dangling down and I look down at it. I drop onto my bed and lean over unlatching the clasp. I take the heart off and throw it in my trash can. Sobbing I lay down on my bed. I hear a knock on my door but I don't answer it.

“Rachel, why was Finn-?” It's my dad. Great. He walks in and looks at me. Half naked and crying.

“I'll kill him.” He looks around my room for a minute, his eyes landing on the hole in my wall.

“Did he touch you?” My dad closes his eyes waiting for my answer. I don't say anything and he storms over.

“Get up.” He yanks me up and looks at me. I feel too exposed. I mean this is my dad and all I'm wearing is my bra and a pair of short shorts.

“Honey?” My other dad walks in.

“What the fu-?” My dad starts.

“Get her a shirt.” He orders.

“What's going on?” My dad asks.

“Finn.” Is all he says and my dad hands him one of my shirts. He shoves my arms through
the holes and pulls it down hard over my skin.

“Now, what's going on?” He stares at me.

“Finn, “ I start but my throat closes around his name.

“He's a dead kid.” Dad says releasing my wrist.

“I think we broke up.” I say sobbing again.

“Good. Fucking little dick head. I don't know why you were even with him! I mean that asshole is publicly cheating on you!” He looks me over.

“Dad, don't.” I tell him.

“Why, it's not like it matters now. I'm glad the bastards gone.” He's still upset.

“It does matter! He matters!” I yell.

“No, Rachel, what matters is that all you do is sit at home at the end of the day and cry! What matters is that Finn is so openly 'in love' with Quinn Fabray but then comes here and kisses you. What matters is that he using you and you seem to be content with it. Why? Why are so okay with being treated like garbage by a kid who can't even see the beautiful girl he has right in front of him?” My dad blows up.

“Why? You wanna know why? Because I'm pregnant! That's why I'm content with being the whore in the relationship, why I give the best of myself and she gets the best of him. Because I love him.” I yell back.

“What?” Both of them ask.

“Daddy I'm pregnant.” I sob. They both come over to me and wrap me in a hug.

“Oh, baby girl. Let me get you a glass of water.” Dad walks out of the room.

“How far along are you?” My dad asks.

“Three months.” I can't look at him.

“It's gonna be okay Rachel. I promise.” He swears and I believe him with all my heart.