Wallflower

Bad Ideas

I waited at the Leaky Cauldron for Ginny to step through the fireplace and when she did I nodded to her and began walked towards Gringott’s to withdraw from my account. The entire trip she made no move to talk, and neither did I so we travelled, her behind me, in silence through the crowds.

Once we reached the large goblin bank I stepped up to the main desk and cleared my throat to get some attention from the rude creatures. “I would like to make a withdrawal from vault one hundred and thirty. The Black family vault.” I stated clearly. I was the sole heir to the Black dynasty and the only person that could access this vault at the moment.

“Does Miss Black have her key with her this morning?” he asked.

I reached into my pocket and produced the vault key, handing it over to him. The journey down to the vault was nothing special, I grabbed a small handful of galleons and some knuts and sickles to last for the trip and then we returned to the surface. It was noon by the time we left the bank and Ginny was still just as quiet. Perhaps had I been a tad more social of a person I would have tried to make conversation with her, but I enjoyed the silence between us.

I maneuvered us between the crowds of people to get to Slug & Jiggers Apothecary, the only place in Diagon Alley that carried potions ingredients other than the peddlers and vendors between shops. . I revelled in the cool store as I picked out the ingredients I needed and placed them into a bag. Being that it was almost late June now it was quite warm out, and I had come dressed for the cold home I lived in and was boiling outside.

Once I was finished I paid the clerk for the supplies and went outside. Ginny was almost nonexistent, she never talked or really left my side. I suppose she had just wanted to get out of the house for a bit, and hadn’t really come here with much purpose. As we wandered through the streets I was just about to think that Fred had bluffed about coming to Diagon Alley, when a pair of hands were placed over my eyes. “Guess who.” The irritatingly familiar voice said from behind me, very close to my ear. I could faintly hear Ginny giggling a bit
behind me.

“Must you always come to ruin my mood?” I questioned the twin as I removed his hands from my eyes and turned around to face him. He was rather close, and George was standing over by his sister, leaning on her jokingly. “Fred, I hope you know we were just on our way back.”

“Nonsense, make a day out of the trip!” he insisted.

“My supplies will go bad in this heat.” I said flatly, moving to turn around before his hand reached out and grasped my wrist effectively holding me in place. Before I could say a word he had apparated us into my room, and cast a muffliato spell. “There, you can ditch the stuff and come along with me.”

I began putting away my things in the correct places. “Why should I trust you? You’ve been just short of vile to me your whole visit.”

“Because you seem different, and I want to know why that blasted hat had to put you in Slytherin.” He said pleadingly.

“Well, I suppose a Lady shouldn’t refuse when a gentleman asks.” I muttered under my breath. “Fine, I’ll go, but you have to leave or something so I can change. It’s much warmer out than I anticipated.” I said.

“Well seeing as my Mum has the impression that George and I are in our rooms and not to come out until dinner, I think it best if I just turn around while you change.” He offered.

“And how will I be sure you’re not looking?” I questioned with a hint of mistrust.

“I will give you my word.”

I groaned and motioned for him to turn around as I made my way to my wardrobe. From it I pulled a summer dress with short sleeves, a V neck with a fitted bodice that flared out into a flowing skirt that stopped an inch or two above my knee. Taking a peek over my shoulder at the tall red-head behind me I reassured myself that he still wasn’t watching and quickly changed my outfits. I sat on my bed pulling on my boots again and called “You can turn around now.”

Fred turned around and looked almost stunned at the pale blue dress I had on, which complimented my eyes well. “Right, let’s get this show on the road” he offered smirking, offering his arm in a mock gentlemanly gesture. I took it after making double sure that my wand was in my right boot and closed my eyes, waiting for the tug behind my navel. Surely this had to be a bad idea… right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm aware that this is plenty shorter than usual chapters, but it's building up to a very climactic chapter, and this is simply the way the cookie crumbled.