The Correlation Between Salvation and Love

11.

Image


Sian awoke the next morning to her phone vibrating in her pocket. She pulled it out to see Liam’s name on the screen, making her sigh in relief as she saw the 4:05AM glaring at her across the room. Quietly as she could, she slipped out from under Josh’s arm and made her way across the room to grab her shoes. She glanced back to Josh as he curled further into his sheets, mumbling something under his breath as he continued to peacefully sleep. She slipped out of his room, carefully walking down the stairs and out the front door, shutting it with a soft click behind her.

Liam smiled knowingly at her, nudging her with an elbow as she passed him by, “You look happy love.”

“I am,” Sian smiled at Liam genuinely. She walked up to him quickly and hugged him tightly for a brief moment, much to Liam’s surprise. “I had the greatest night of my life tonight Liam.”

“Your mum was up when I left,” Liam opened the door for Sian, allowing her to get into the car before closing it behind her and hurrying to the driver’s seat. “Your da’ was distracting her but can only do so much. Something about your nan coming soon.”

“Oh lord, save us all.”

“S’what I got the impression of from your mum,” Liam smiled at Sian in the rearview as he sped through the city streets towards their home. They sat in a companionable silence as they continued the last five minutes of the short drive home. Sian waited silently by the car once they parked, counting the minutes down until her mother’s daily shower time. She hid in the car momentarily as her father left in his own car, waiting for Liam to give her the clear signal. Once he did, Sian exited the car and made her way into the house quickly. She ran up the stairs as she heard the water running, darting into her own room and closing the door with a soft click behind her. Crossing quickly to her bed, Sian collapsed into it and allowed herself to fall back asleep in hopes to calm her racing heart.

Image


Sian woke up later that day to three texts from Josh and a missed call from Max. She scrolled through the text, smiling at each one as she did.

* Hey love, you weren’t here this morning. Way to disappoint a bloke!

* By the way, you left your shoes Cinderella, can I bring them by for you or would your mum kill me? Blame the project…

* And my mum says she adores you. Had to tell you to stop her pestering, sorry.

Sian shot him back a quick text about having to speak with her mother and rolled out of her bed. She checked her voicemail from Max, who was just asking about how Josh was, before tossing her phone aside on her bed. She went about her morning routine, taking a quick shower and pulling her hair into a slightly messy ballerina bun. She pulled on a simple pair of yoga pants, a tanktop, and her lightweight hoodie she used for working out before exiting her room and making her way downstairs. She caught sight of a clock, seeing that it was one in the afternoon already, and headed to her mother’s parlor to see about Josh coming over again. She entered quietly, standing with her best posture as she cleared her throat to get her mother’s attention.

Sian’s mother slowly looked up from her book, looking at Sian with one raised eyebrow to urge her daughter to continue. Sian curtsied at her mother before speaking, her voice losing all it’s confidence as she began to ask her question, “Would it be troublesome or an issue if Joshua came over the home to work on our project again mother? It is awfully difficult to tutor over the phone I fear.”

“You have done your yoga?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“And you have no other projects or work for classes?”

“No ma’am.”

“Then I guess he may, but this only is allowed until this silly project is over. And he is only allowed here until eight, for your lessons are tomorrow.”

“Thank you mother,” She curtsied again, leaving the room quickly and making her way back up the stairs. She texted Josh a quick ‘Come over!’ with a smile, making her way to her closet to change. She browsed her closet for a few minutes before giving up, instead making her way out into her room again. She picked up her battered old copy of Pride and Prejudice off of her bedside table it always sat on, making her out onto her small balcony. She sat down on a pillow from her armchair indoors, curling up and opening to where she last bookmarked her page. With her legs outstretched and her back leaning against the railings, she began back into the chapter she left off on.

Losing sense of time as she dove deep into her reading, it was only normal that when Josh entered and cleared his throat, Sian jumped a bit and almost lost her place in her book. Josh laughed at her expense, locking her door before making his way over to her. He knelt down as she bookmarked her place, smiling at Sian as he did. Sian blushed as she set her book aside, crossing her legs so Josh could sit in front of her. Josh slid down to sit across from her, glancing down at the book with a curious gaze, “Readin’ love? How thrilling…”

“Hey!” Sian smirked, reaching over and messing up Josh’s hair, “Just because you cannot read does not mean you need to make fun of those who can.”

“Oi! Can too!”

“I know you jerk, I am just joking with you!” Sian gasped as Josh pulled her to him, making her laugh as they topple back onto the balcony together. Josh bumped his head lightly on the floor in their fall, groaning out loud as Sian continued to laugh at his expense. He rolled them over, smirking down at her as she laid beneath him with a small smile, “What?”

“You’re just something special love.”

“Josh…”

“Shhh, just let me look at ya for a moment.”

“I…Josh…” Sian blushed under his stare, her smile fading into a shy one to replace it. Josh leaned down, kissing her softly and pulling away within seconds. Still it left Sian breathless, staring up at him in pure wonder. Josh sat up and leaned back into the railings, as Sian had been when he arrived. Sian followed suit, sitting next to him and curling into his side as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. She closed her eyes, resting her head on his shoulder as he rested his chin on her head, “You’re something else Sian. I known you a month and I already feel like I’m over the bloody moon for you. That doesn’t happen to gents like me. I thought I would close down after Frankie but you came in and instead of me healing with anger, you healed my broken heart with your kindness. I don’t know how to properly thank you for any of this.”

“Just stay here with me for a while Josh,” Sian wrapped her arms around his waist, smiling and keeping her eyes closed as he held onto her tighter, “I just want to waste away the day lying around with you and kissing you all I damn well please.”

“Love,” Josh reached up, tilting her chin up as her eyes fluttered open. Sian stared at him, confused and afraid she had said something wrong. Josh laughed airily, leaning in to kiss her once more, “You are far too perfect for a bloke like me, but I think I can handle that yeah? You sayin’ you like having me around?”

“I am saying if you wanted to pursue a relationship with me and wanted to continue to kiss me all you want and hold me all you would like, I would have no qualms with this.”

“Hell, fantastic news since that’s exactly what I plan to do with you.” Josh leaned down to kiss her again, making Sian sigh contently and return the kiss lazily. Both continued on with their cuddling and random kisses on the balcony, unaware to the watchful stare of another from the floor above.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took such an awful and long time to get out! Had a crazy last two weeks, but we are back! :)