The Correlation Between Salvation and Love

03.

Image


“Please, sir, I request that you politely stop touching my arm and please take just a step back,” Sian whispered, her voice as meek as it only could get with a conversation with her mother usually. She felt the tears welling up inside but she shut it down as quickly as she could, falling into her blank and emotionless state she had perfected so well to avoid getting in trouble with them. The boy laughed at her small voice, rubbing up and down her arm, “What’s wrong little mouse? Aren’t ya American girls supposed to be easy?”

“Please! Stop!” She shouted at him this time, making him step back in surprise. His smile grew as he looked her up and down, making her blush and back into the wall. She heard another voice approach them, “Oi, mate, the bird said let her go. So let her go ya bastard.”

“What’s it to you mate?”

“S’my girl, and me and my mates know you’re one fuck up away from getting expelled. So back off Sian and get the hell out of here.”

“Fuck off mate,” The boy stepped back, glaring at what Sian could now see was Max. With one last wink at Sian, the boy took off and left Sian standing there with Max. She stared down at the ground beneath them, mumbling a thanks as she did. Max laughed, making her glance up at him slightly. “Oi, don’t have to worry about me remember? Haven’t you been to school before love?”

“Only private school, Max,” She blushed again, a deeper crimson that showed starkly against her pale skin. Max laughed lightly at her again, making her force a smile at him, “Why, if I may ask, do you laugh so often Max?”

“I just like to see the joy in life, honestly love,” Max smiled back at her, letting the silence settle for a moment before he cleared his throat. Sian looked around nervously, making Max feel bad for a second for making her feel rather uncomfortable. He laughed again and offered her a hand, “Look, let me walk ya to your class and you can eat with me and my mates today so you aren’t alone. I promise not all blokes here are like that pillock you just saw.”

“I’m not entirely sure I understood all that, but if you wish to escort me to classes and have invited me to dine with you then I would love to accept your invitation.”

“You’re so polite love, where’d those manors come from? The only other American lass here, Melody, is quite the slag and a proper bitch to everyone. Acts so high and mighty. You’re so meek and proper like a dove,” Max led her on through the halls, letting her look around as they moved along and take everything in. He watched her reaction to calling her a dove, beaming at it. She wrinkled her nose slightly, looking like she was crossed between being confused and amused all at once.

“A dove?” Sian looked him up at down, laughing airily at him, “I have never heard anyone call me by that before. They have called me Princess, Spoiled, Snobby, and Perfect but I never quite understood them because I try to be as nice as possible to everyone I meet. People take my quietness for me being snobby to them…”

“Love I don’t think you could ever be a snob.”

“I try not to, honestly. Wait…I’m supposed to be in that study hall.”

“My mate Joshua is in there. Here, I’ll leave you with him and his girl Frankie. She’s a bit loud but never does anything too wrong really,” Max led them into the study hall library, looking around for his friend as Sian stood awkwardly at his side. Max spotted someone and quickly led Sian over to the back of the study hall with ease. He stopped abruptly, making Sian hesitate to step closer. She nervously tucked a curl behind her ear as Max quickly approached one of the tables, “Oi, mate. Where the hell is Frankie?”

“Don’t talk about that god damn slore. She can fuck it all for all I care.”

“Mate, that ain’t a way to talk in front of a lady…”

Joshua’s head shot up, meeting the curious and shy gaze of Sian with wide eyes. Sian sucked in a quick breath quietly, having to catch her breath for a moment. She stared at him, taking in how blue his eyes actually were before she began to blush and had to look away to hide it. Max laughed, motioning to her as Josh snapped his gaze back over to Max again, “She’s quite the dove. Well, s’what I call her at least. She’s extra polite, quiet, and just came over from America. Polar opposite of that slag Melody.”

“I’m Josh,” He smirked up at her, even though she avoided looking at him due to her shyness. Knowing it was required to be polite in social situations, Sian looked up again and gave him her politest smile she could before doing a slight curtsey out of nervousness, “Pleased to meet you Joshua.”

“Oi, just Josh, none of that is needed love. Have a seat since we seem to share this class.”

“Mate, you never answered what happened with Frankie.”

Josh’s gaze darkened as he looked down to the table again, “Nothing mate.”

“Josh…”

“Max, god damnit, I said nothing!” Josh slammed his book shut, storming out of the study hall without another word. Sian watched on in awe, not used to people having angry moments like that. Her mother’s anger was quiet and did not show in her movements or facial features her anger. She smiled, which was rare, and got even more polite than usual with a sugary sweet voice. Seeing Josh’s anger slightly terrified her, if she was being honest. Max turned to her after a few seconds, frowning at her as he did, “Well…that didn’t go as planned…He really isn’t like that all the time I promise.”

“That was quite interesting indeed!”

“You are just so polite little dove.”

“Are you going to keep calling me that?”

“Yepp.”

“Well, alright then. I really should study though. Where do I meet you for our lunch meeting?”

“Make it sound so formal love,” Max laughed, patting her shoulder, “We’ll ruin those manners soon enough, trust me. Just meet me in front of this room after class yeah? Since I know the halls more and all.”

“Alright, farewell for now Max.”

“Bye Dove.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter, but we are getting the ball rolling! :)