The Correlation Between Salvation and Love

09.

Image


Five hours later and Sian found herself surrounded by far too many people for the size of the apartment. She stuck by Josh’s side, avoiding alcohol due to her already increased anxiety from the large crowd they were all stuck in. Josh held a mixed drink in one hand while his other free arm was casually draped around Sian’s shoulders as he chatted with Max about something. Nikita and Matt were sitting in the kitchen on the counters, deep in conversation with each other. Sian saw Chris and Dan teaming up against two other boys to play a drinking game Josh informed her was beer pong in the dining area. She took in the sea of students she saw daily but never interacted with, along with some older university students Nikita invited out.

Sian watched the door open slowly as two women came in together, smiling widely. Sian recognized one as Frankie, making her tense up a bit at Josh’s arm around her shoulder. Josh noticed her tense, his arm falling to her waist as he glanced up to follow her gaze. At the sight of Frankie with a familiar blonde girl, Josh’s gaze darkened. He leaned over, speaking just loud enough so Sian could barely even hear him over the loud music pumping through the party, “See the tan blonde with Frankie? That’s Melody!”

“She screams American teen,” Sian shouted back, making Josh and Max both roar with laughter. She smiled comfortably at them both, glancing around the party again as Frankie and Melody had disappeared into the crowds. Sian leaned in closer to Josh, speaking loud enough so only he could hear, “Wanna head outside?”

Josh nodded to her, finishing the last of his drink as he stood up and offered her a hand. He left his cup inside, leading them through the sea of bodies out to the balcony area. A few random small groups sat quietly chatting so Josh led her to the railings, leaning back on them as he crossed his arms. Sian looked him up and down, smiling at him as she did, “Little too much to drink?”

“Mmm’fine. Just a bit tired is all,” Josh gave her a lazy smile, pulling her closer as a familiar song from the radio came on. Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, And I cant help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer… “Love this song. Cm’ere.”

Josh pulled a bit more until Sian was only a few inches from him, his arms wrapping lazily around her waist as they swayed slowly to the soft beat of the song. Josh rested his head on her shoulder, his lips ghosting over her neck as her nerves seized up again. Josh laughed at her lightly, pressing a soft kiss right under her ear on her jaw before whispering to her, “Relax, just me love.”

Nodding slowly, Sian let herself relax as she all but held up Josh. The song ended with the reemergence of a heavier and quicker beat. Josh tried to get her to dance to it with him and Sian laughed airly, propping him against the cement portion of the high railings, “I don’t think so.”

“C’mon love…”

“Nope.” Sian gave him a flirty smile, taking his hand to lead him inside. She turned to do so, only to find Frankie and Melody standing there with sour looks. Sian smiled politely at them both, supporting Josh as he stumbled across the balcony, “Excuse me please. I need to get him back indoors before he kills himself.”

“Might as well let him,” Frankie scoffed, rolling her eyes at Sian. “Pig bastard.”

“From what I understand, Miss Frankie, you are the one who decided to go behind his back and break his trust by cheating on him. Now if you could please move, Madame, I would highly appreciate it!”

Frankie’s jaw dropped as she stepped aside, allowing Sian to get into the house with Josh. She took him into the kitchen, leaning him against the counter as she searched around for a water bottle. Finally finding it buried in the back of the fridge behind all the liquor, Sian helped Josh to his sister’s bedroom and laid him down in her bed. Josh groaned as she got him settled, making Sian slump her shoulder and smile sadly down at him, “Little too much tonight?”

“S’ that slag’s fault.”

“You got that drunk because Frankie showed up?”

Josh nodded, curling up into the fetal position as he squeezed his eyes shut tightly, “Still hurts, though I hardly admit it. S’not fun getting your heart broken.”

Sian sighed, kicking her sandals off before climbing into the bed with him. She rearranged him so that his head was on her shoulder and clavicle while he was fading in and out of consciousness and muttering incoherent words under his breath. He pulled her closer, holding her tightly around the waist and making Sian smile down at him though she felt bad for him. She reached one hand up, softly running it through his hair in an attempt to get him to calm down. She felt him sigh contently next to her and within minutes he had fallen asleep. She glanced to the door, ensuring she had locked it, before slowly joining him in sleeping.

Image


After sneaking into her home the next morning, Sian dove into her studies for a week. She would sit every day with the boys at lunch hour reading her textbooks and Cyrano to work on her various projects and duties. She wanted to be caught up so that she could lie and say she had a school function on Friday and go to the boys’ show. By the time Friday rolled around and she had thankfully gained approval of her mother, Sian felt and looked exhausted. She had her typical lazy day outfit on, ignoring the general public as a whole for most of the day. She ditched her final class, instead falling asleep in the back of the study hall while Max studied language arts next to her quietly. After the school day had ended, she had Liam take her to Nikita and Elissa’s apartment to get ready with them for the show.

Quickly as possible she ran down the hallway of the complex once the elevator opened it’s doors for her, knocking wildly on the girls’ door. Nikita answered it a few moments later, smiling brightly at her as she did, “Oh! Sian! Давай!”

“What?”

“Means come on in Russian, but come in come in! You must meet Elissa!”

“I hear my name Nikita,” Another woman’s voice came from down the hall, making Sian shift her weight from foot to foot nervously. The woman emerged from the hallway, smiling brightly at Sian. Sian took in her appearance and smirked, noting that she looked similar to her brother and they shared the same smile. Relaxing almost instantly at the sight of her, Sian offered her a smile in return and a hand to shake, “Hello. I am Sian, and it is a pleasure to meet you.”

“Oi, this the bird my brother fell asleep on? Sorry about that lard being such a twat when he’s drunk! I’m Elissa, by the by, and we hug we do not shake hands in this home!” Elissa laughed loudly, pulling the shell-shocked Sian into a tight hug that Sian did not even hesitate to return. Elissa smiled at her as she stepped back, looking her over, “Just as pretty as Nikita told me too. And nothing like Melody I hear, which I love. I approve!”

“O-oh! Are you…do you think your…we are not dating!” Sian stuttered out, blushing as she did. Elissa laughed at her, shaking her head as she did so. She started to walk back down her hall, motioning for Nikita and Sian to follow her as she spoke over her shoulder to them, “Love, I’m aware of that. My brother tells me everything. I just approve in case you wondered. It might be me hoping for him.”

“Oh. Well, thank you so much.” Sian blushed, smiling at Nikita as Nikita shook her lightly. They entered into the familiar room of Elissa, sitting on her bed and chatting aimlessly as Elissa continued to buzz around them getting ready. Sian didn’t know what to expect with the show, all she knew was she was excited to go.

Image


They entered the show together halfway through the second band. Sian looked around the club in awe, a sea of kids and adults alike in similar style clothing. She looked down at her jeans and sweater, thankful she opted out of dressing up for the day. She smiled at Nikita and Elissa as they both looked to her for her first reaction. Elissa leaned close, yelling over the music to her, "Lets go see the gents in back! They're third and someone else is after!"

Sian nodded instead of shouting back, allowing them to drag her through the club to the backstage. They flashed their wristbands at security, making their way into the back past a sea of guys. They spotted Matt, who happily waved them over into a back room. Sian entered quietly, looking around for the rest of the boys. She spotted Max and Josh in the back corner and quickly made her way over, plopping down on the couch by them. Elissa followed along, dropping down next to Max, "You two are adorable looking chaps today."

"Handsome you mean?" Max smiled at her as he batted his eyelashes.

"Nope, I meant adorable still!" Sian laughed openly at Elissa, only stopping when Josh’s arm found it’s way around her waist. She looked over at him with a shocked look, looking him up and down. He rarely was courageous enough to put his arms around her without liquor in his system and she couldn’t help but wonder if he had drank at all. Josh looked over to her, smiling lazily at her. Sian shook her head, knowing then that they all had managed to have a few drinks in their system. She returned his lazy smile politely, allowing him to pull her close to his side and choosing to curl up next to him on the couch. Elissa shot her a knowing smile, making Sian roll her eyes and stick her tongue out at her.

The room’s lights flashed, signaling the boys had ten more minutes before stage call. Sian stood up, offering her hand to help Josh up from the couch as she did. He allowed her to lead him into the hallways, smiling down at her as she leaned him against the wall, “You going to be okay to perform? You look and sound like you have had quite a bit to drink…”

“M’fine…just needed it to get through this. Sorry. Frankie and Melody are here.”

“What?” Sian’s gaze darkened at their names, a hand going to rest gently on Josh’s cheek, “You are okay, right?”

“Yeah love, I’m good. Those two brought the guy Frankie cheated on me with though and one of their other male friends,” Josh shook his head, looking down at his feet as he did, “Just stickin’ the knife in deeper, yeah?”

“Well, just think that you never would have met me if you were not so angry with Frankie right?”

“Yeah, thank god for that,” Josh looked up, smiling delicately at her. “Love, you’re one of the best things to happen to me this year.”

“Oh hush,” Sian blushed at him, letting her hand fall to his shoulder which she gave a small squeeze, “Now go out there and show her you don’t need her, okay? Me, Elissa, and Nikita will be watching.”

“Thanks love.” Josh pulled her into his arms, burying his nose into the curve of her neck with a smile. She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him just as tightly as he was, “Good luck!”

Nikita and Elissa exited the room moments later as Sian was stepping back from Josh, both taking her and leading her out to the crowded bar area. Elissa made her way over to the bar to get a drink, leaving Nikita and Sian to cheer loudly as the boys took the stage. Sian nodded along with their songs, not really knowing how to act or how the songs went. Elissa rejoined them, casting a sour look over at someone to Sian’s left. Sian glanced over, seeing Frankie with a man’s arms around her waist and Melody sloppily kissing some guy during the set. Sian froze up as she realized the man with Frankie was the man that had been harassing her on campus her first day. She felt her heart skip a few beats in fear, her attention drawing to them every few moments to check that he wasn’t coming near her.

Nikita nudging Sian brought her attention back to the boys with a dazed look. She nodded over to Melody and Frankie with an eye roll, “Matt dated the American slut. She hurt him and likes to rub it in now. I feared you like her in actions, but definitely not!”

Sian smiled at her new friend’s broken English, nodding at her, “Now he has you!”

“Yes! And I’m much prettier anyways, right?”

“Definitely,” Sian nodded, focusing back on the boys as they played their set. After three more songs, they announced their last track. Sian let Elissa lead her and Nikita into the back again, meeting the boys as they got offstage. Sian offered Josh the beer Elissa had bought him, making Josh smile widely and toast it to her, “Thanks love! Come on, lets go out to the bar.”

Sian nodded, allowing Josh to lead her back into the venue. She stopped, realizing Elissa had her bag, and shouted about being right back. She ran to the back, taking her little black bag she brought from Elissa again with a smile. As she reentered the room she found the music had stopped and a lot of shouting was coming from the bar area. Sian quickly made her way over, trying to find Josh, only to see a circle of people with Frankie and Melody standing by smugly. Sian pushed past them, shouting for Elissa to help as the men Frankie and Melody were with double-teamed Josh and attacked him. Sian stepped back as security made their way through, struggling to get the two men off of Josh.

Once they got the two men away and out of the circle, Sian knelt down at Josh’s side and helped him sit up. Elissa and Nikita rushed over, the boys trailing behind, as the crowd began to disperse while the venue attempted to kick them out. Sian allowed Josh’s head to rest back on her shoulder, keeping it tilted back as Elissa got him a towel from the bar for his nose that was bleeding. She offered it to Sian moments later, letting Sian press the cold towel to Josh’s nose to stop the bleeding. The venue’s staff came through, discussing with the boys as to what happened as Sian focused on taking care of Josh.

With the aid of Elissa and Max, they got him standing and out to Elissa’s car. Sian sat down in the car first, Elissa and Max helping get Josh in and lying across the back seat. She pressed the bloodstained towel back to his nose again, smiling down at him, “Want to tell me what happened?”

“I just went to get a drink and they attacked me. Said I hurt Frankie and had to pay for Matt hurtin’ Melody, when both girls are the ones that are wrong in these situations…” Josh coughed, groaning in pain as he did and making Sian frown, “How are we supposed to take you home like this?”

“Mum might understand…”

“You can stay with me,” Elissa announced as she slid into the drivers seat. Nikita and Matt slid into the passengers seat together. Matt looked back at Sian and Josh, frowning down at them, “You didn’t deserve that mate.”

“Bloody right I didn’t,” Josh winced again as Sian attempted to run her freehand through his hair to comfort him. Elissa started off as Matt sighed at them all, glancing up to Sian, “Good thing you came around yeah? Venue staff were idiots.”

“Well we have it now,” Sian nodded affirmatively, looking down to Josh again, “We will get you fixed right up. I got you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you again for all of your continued support guys! I'm extremely flattered! Almost 40 subscribers, 100 readers, and continued comments!

Drama, nice to see you again. Expect some fun soon, I promise!