Status: heartbroken.

When You Are Not the Starring Role In Someone Else's Heart

.. all you give me is a heartbeat...

The fancy and classy Sequoia Harvard took me to a bar called, "Tom's Pub." It may be the cheapest most rundown pub I have ever been in. And I have played in crappy bars for years. The lighting was really dim and flickered every few minutes. The beer was flat. The music skipped. The floor was dirty. There were couples dry humping against the wall. The barstools were all stained. I mean this place was terrible.
"This is my favorite place to go," Coy said as he plopped down on a barstool. I inspected it, looking at the holes ripped open with stuffing bursting from the open seams. There was a cigarette butt pushed into the opening. Ah, fuck it! I thought, sitting down on the barstool.
"Two beers," he said to the bartender, who gave him a sleazy grin in return.
"So, why do you like this place so much?" I asked, crinkling my nose at the sight of the grime covered countertop.
"I don't know. It's a really shitty bar, I know. I had the same expression you did the first time I came here," he said, shifting in his seat. The cracked sconce on the wall shone the light on his face. His brown hair shone in the dim light and he just looked very intelligent as he was talking. He kept going on and on about the times he had in this very bar, but the way he used his hands when he talked to show his emotion towards what he was saying made him sound that much smarter. Or maybe it's the way he moved his eyebrows when he went into great detail. I just couldn't stop staring at him. I know I don't know this guy. He's like a total stranger. But, he's that gorgeous. He's that guy on the subway you can't believe is even looking at you-- so you go home and write about it on Craigslist Missed Connections and hope he noticed you, too. Just because you secretly hope he's the one. Because you'd be that lucky to snatch a guy like that. Not like I have ever posted in Missed Connections or anything.. But that's not the point.
"Madelyn.. Hey! I'll give you all the money in my wallet right now if you could tell me what I had just said," he said snapping at me.
"No, I don't want your money," I said, trying to save my composure. I took a sip of my beer and said, "Hey! You remembered my name!"
"Of course! I asked Bjorn before I left to stalk you."
"Of course! You couldn't remember yourself. I mean you'll probably forget later!" I said in a very fake peppy voice. I just couldn't believe how douchey someone could sound. And try to get away with it! I mean, come on. My name is like a goddamn question on a game show now.
"It's been eight months, though," he said, furrowing his brows, "You are cutting me like no slack."
"Because you blew me off completely and come back eight months later expecting me to forgive you for... blowing me off!" I said, slamming down my beer.
"I told you; I was busy! This isn't a relationship or anything, sunshine. I'm not gonna chase every girl I flirt with. I have a job and don't have time to go chasing one little coffee shop singer. I have a real job, you know," he said, downing his beer. Then, his face went white. He probably didn't realize he said that out loud.
"Thanks for the beer," I said, hopping off the barstool.
"I didn't mean it like th--"
"It's not that. I really have to go," I said, turning towards the door. Goodness fucking gracious! Getting dissed by a guy is normal to me, I'm not upset about that. I was actually more upset because I was in my sweatpants, swigging a beer. No makeup, no perfume, my hair a mess; I deserved his put down. And then it hit me: What the fuck does he do? Why is his job so goddamn special??

"Katrin, call me back. I will fly to your parents' and kill you if you don't call me back, bitch!" I said, recording my message on her voicemail. I just miss her. She gets to vent to me about all the douchebags she dates; now it's my turn! I actually have gossip. Something in my life is interesting!
"Goddamn it, I can't believe she's THAT busy!" I muttered, snapping my phone closed. I went to the fridge, pulled out the last six pack, and sprawled out across the couch, sighing really loudly. I am horrible with guys. I snapped so many times at Sequoia. I was really mean to him from the beginning. And he just took it. And the second he said something offensive to me, I scadaddle. Am I that guarded of a person?
Buzz! Who in their right mind would visit me at almost one in the morning? Maybe that's why Katrin hadn't been calling me. She'd come down as a surprise! Goody! It's only been eighteen hours, but who the hell cares?! When you miss someone, you miss someone.
I let her up right away, mind you I have had six and a half beers and am pretty tipsy. My thinking process was delayed. I should have known Katrin wouldn't turn right back around on the plane. When I opened the door, I scowled.
"Coy, how the fuck do you know where I live?" I snapped, bitch-mode automatically activated.
"I followed you. Met yous outside before we went out" he said, his eyes looking everywhere but at me. His thumbs were pushed deep into his pockets. His forehead was shiny with sweat. He was shifting his weight from one foot to the other. I could tell he wasn't in his right mind.
"You drunk, my dear?" I said, leaning against the doorway. And then the unexpected happened.
"Just shut up, Mandy," he said, grabbing me. He then smashed his lips against mine. I barely had time to kiss him back before he sloppily pushed his tongue into my mouth. He pushed his body against mine, sending us both backwards into the apartment. I opened my eyes and directed us to the couch. His hands searched my body; grabbing my chest, my back, my thighs, my ass--- anything he could get his hands on. I just put one hand on his shoulder and the other behind his head, concentrating on kissing him.
We made out for quite a while; his tongue exploring my mouth, his lips crashing against mine very angrily. Every now and then, he'd do this very sexy grunt. But otherwise the apartment was silent other than the smacking of our lips.
Sequoia was the first to break the kiss. He just looked at me with his big green eyes, wiped his hand across his swollen lips, and said, "I want you. So badly." He ran his hands up and down my body once more and then starting kissing me all over. He started at my forehead and slowly traveled down my neck, my chest, my stomach, my thighs. He was clearly teasing me. I let out a moan--- which just set him off.
He pulled my sweatpants down to my ankles, revealing my yellow lace undies.
"So hot," he mumbled against my skin.
"You wanna... go to the bedroom..?" I asked in between moans. He stopped everything he was doing, leaving me anxious and impatient.
"If you want," he said slowly.
"That's it, we're doing this," I said, getting up. I reached out my hand and helped him up.

And then we scurried to my bedroom. And that is how this all started.