Status: heartbroken.

When You Are Not the Starring Role In Someone Else's Heart

..and it makes me feel depressed..

So there I was, collapsed in my apartment, contemplating whether or not to go to the store and get a box of wine. On one hand, the couch was just soo comfortable. But on the other hand, I was soo sober. I decided to give my liver a break and make a pot of coffee. I usually don't bother to make coffee at home because Bjorn gives it to me for free. But, I did NOT want to go back there. I didn't want to walk another step.
Ring Ring... Ring Ring..Ring Ring.... Oh, guess who decided to call me back?
"Hey Kitty-Kat, you miss me yet?" I said, answering the phone.
"Yes I wanna go home now," Katrin said, or at least I think that's what she said. She's horrible on the phone. Her accent and everything just makes listening impossible.
"What have you been doing the past two days?" I asked, taking a seat on the couch.
"You know, bringing the party wherever I go. Brother's being big pain and Daddy's being jerk to me! He set a goddamn curfew. Me! Having a curfew! I'm fucking 25 years old and I have to be back at home at 11."
"That must be very painful for you, but you know you haven't seen Fridrik in what, 6 years?"
"But that's his fault."
"Take him out tonight. I bet you guys will end up being as close as you were before."
"Fine!" Katrin sighed, "What new with you?"
"Little of this. Little of that," I said, then taking a big pause and saying, "I HAD SEX LAST NIGHT, but you know, whatever.."
"You had sex? With who??"
"This really hot guy, Sequoia. He was flirting with me in the coffee house a while ago and we met up again at the airport. He asked me out, we had a drink, and then it just kind of happened."
"... How was he?" Katrin asked. I could sense her smirking.
"I think he was good," I said, twirling a strand of my hair.
"You don't remember THAT?!" Katrin yelled.
"I was kind of drunk, I'm sure he was, too."
"Well, you gotta do it again," she said, making kissing noises.
"You know what? I will." I said, smiling.
"Yeah, right. It's hard to believe you got laid in the first place."
"I'll prove it." I said, pressing her.
"Set up the laptop on your desk, okay?" she said, "then Skype me before he come over."
"I'm not letting you watch me have sex!" I yelled, shocked.
"You wanna prove it to me or not?" she said, purring.
"You'll disconnect after you see him?" I asked.
"Sure." she said, "I'll be home at 11. Skype me anytime after that. I'll be waiting. Bye, love you!" And then she hung up on me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour after I talked to Katrin, I got up. I put on a tight skirt. I slipped on some flats, cautious not to wear heels after walking all afternoon. I found some eyeliner in the bathroom and applied it on my waterline. I put on some mascara and a bit of lipstick and stepped back to look at what I had just created. And I had to admit, I was pleased.
I had no idea where Coy could be. Didn't have his number. But I couldn't let this bet slip, I just couldn't do it. I hit the street again and walked half a block down to Tom's Pub. I guessed if this was his favorite bar I'd meet him there, right?
Wrong.
I'd been waiting for an hour and a half. And so far, I'd seen probably three babies being conceived and a bunch of old men watching it happen. It was not a pretty sight. I sipped away at five beers and then called it quits. I stumbled out of the bar, onto the street, and towards the apartment. My footing was in no way graceful. My arms slightly flailing every now and then. Jesus, I must have looked crazy. I was at the intersection, not paying attention to the cars or the traffic signs. I decided to step right off the curb when someone grabbed my waist and pulled me back.
"What the fuck is the matter with you? Are you trying to get yourself killed?!?"
"Oh, heyyy Coy!" I slurred, grabbing a hold of the back of his neck. I sloppily kissed him, right on the curb.
"Hey, Madelyn. You know you're drunk and almost died, right?" Sequoia said, breaking the kiss. He wiped his mouth and sighed, "Let's take you home, Drunkie." Yes! This is what I wanted I was thinking in the back of my mind.
I invited him up to my apartment when we reached my building. He said he had to work early in the morning and it wasn't a good time.
"Pleeeease! Just stay with me, Coy!!" I slurred. I grabbed a hold of his wrists. He sighed angrily and said. "Alright. Just for tonight, okay?" I nodded and we scurried upstairs.
"You go freshen up or whatever in the bathroom, Coy, I gotta get changed." I said, running to my bedroom. I skyped Katrin, who picked up very quickly.
"Okay, so I have him in my bathroom," I whispered, "I'm gonna minimize the page, you get to see him, then disconnect immediately."
"I know I know. Jeez, Madz, I'm not a pervert or nothing," she said, licking her lips. I giggled and minimized the page. I turned the volume down, but not all the way, on the laptop and jumped into bed. I tuned the lamp on. Then, he walked in wearing only his boxers. Jesus Christ, it was the most amazing sight imaginable. His bronze skin almost glistened in the dim light. His stomach was toned, looking masculine and sexy without looking like a gym rat. The best part was the happy trail-- the subtle hairs from the bottom of the belly button going towards his crotch, disappeared inside his underwear. My jaw just about dropped.
"Holy shit" Katrin's voice echoed through the laptop speaker.
"What was that?" Sequoia asked, furrowing his brows. The skype pop went off, indicating Katrin had disconnected.
"Madelyn, what was that? Were you skyping somebody?" He asked, running his hand through his hair.
"No, I don't think so.." I said, sobering up.
"You must have been online with somebody before you went out and got pissed drunk. I mean really, what the hell were you thinking?!" Sequoia said, sitting down on the bed next to me. He put his hand on my bare leg and felt my skin. Thank God I had shaved.
"I was at Tom's Pub."
"Why were you there? I thought you hated that place."
"I didn't have your number and I wanted to find you," I said, looking at the wall. He picked his hand up from my leg and turned my face to his. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped. Then, we crashed his lips into mine. I ran my fingers through his hair and moved into a straddle position. I was now on top of him pushing him down on the bed. He grabbed my hips and switched positions, pushing me down and breaking the kiss to pull my shirt up over my head. He had grabbed my face roughly and bit down on my bottom lip. I moaned, powerless and in complete ecstasy. I had reached down to undo his belt buckle when he stopped me.
"Madelyn, we can't go any farther," he said, "I don't have a condom."
"There are other ways to get you off," I said-- rather seductively I must say. He reached up, kissed my face one last time, and said, "then I'm all yours."