Sequel: Changing the Girl
Status: Finished and working on a sequal!

The Girl Who Changed Everything

I'm the King of the Music Scene

Jack was released hours later, and Andy drove us back. I laid with Jack in the back room. Jack was lying on his back, trying not to move. I laid next to him, softly stroking his black hair from his face. I hummed Therapy softly, just watching him stare at the ceiling.

“He was right you know.” Jack stated. I paused my humming and sat up slightly. His chocolate brown eyes flicked to mine, and I found myself compelled to stare back.

“Jack…you helped me feel loved. I didn’t want to keep going but you showed me you cared. Jacky you saved me, and got hurt for it. Don’t apologize for-“

“Don’t you dare say it’s your fault.” He whispered. Tears gathered in my eyes and a lump formed in my throat. “You don’t have to be strong for me. You’re 14 babygirl, you’re not old enough to be at fault. I kissed you-“

“I could have pushed you away-“

“I would have-“

“Jack it’s fine!” I rushed. “Well, not fine. I’m okay with it though. It isn’t your fault Andy freaked out o-“ Jacks hand covered my mouth. He flinched at the motion, but kept his hand there.

“Truce?” He whispered. Who could resist Jack Barakat’s pout. That cute little pout that was innocent and pleading. I nodded, a small smile gracing my lips. The bus rolled to a stop. I removed his hand, and he flinched. I kissed his cheek bone, the only place that wasn’t bruised by now, and sat up.

“Andy!” I called. Andy walked into the back, looking guilty, and glanced at me. “Can-“

“Jack, I need to talk to you.” Andy blurted staring at him. I blinked in surprise.

“Excuse me-“

“Go.” Jack told me. Once again, I blinked in surprise. “Izzy, just go. I’ll be fine.” I kissed his cheek once again and stood.

Walking past Andy, I glared at him. He tried to smile at me but I glared harder. “You hurt him-“ I growled.

“I won’t. Go.” Andy said. I narrowed my eyes, but walked past him into the bunk hall. I turned and snapped the door shut. My body swiveled and I stalked down the stuffy hall. I pushed back the red curtain and stepped into the “living room” of the bus with my head down.

“Hey,” A voice said softly from my back left. I spun and saw Ronnie leaning against the wall with his hands behind his back. My heart beat slowly decreased and I opened my mouth. I couldn’t find the words to speak, so I closed it. “I…haven’t had a chance to talk to you yet.” He said in that same voice. It was almost…coaxing?

I was nervous. Ronnie was making me nervous. The entire tour, I saw him around. We’d spoken only with glances, but I’d always wanted more. Always wanted some spoken communication. As I got it, I found myself shaking. Ronnie’s eyes traveled down and up my body quickly; he’d noticed the tremors coursing through me.

“I make you nervous.” He whispered. He carefully walked towards me, until he was a foot away. Ronnie’s right hand lifted, he moved my fringe from my face. A small smile graced his lips, and he placed his palm against my cheek. I swallowed and tried to breathe normal. His left hand found my right, and he intertwined our fingers.

Gently tugging on my hand, Ronnie led me forwards. He navigated himself backwards until his legs hit the couch. He fell back and landed softly, pulling me onto his lap. “Ronnie…” I whispered, not knowing what else to say.

“Yeah?” He whispered back.

Now to understand the situation, I should probably explain how we sat. Ronnie was leaning into the corner of the couch, but sitting up. I sat with my legs bent on either side of him. On one side our hands were intertwined. Ronnie’s right hand still rested on my face, and I held myself up with my left by pressing it into the couch behind him.

“why now?” I whispered to him. Ronnie searched my face, and stared deep into my eyes.

“I’ve seen you.” This confused me. “I’ve seen the way you’ve been breaking. How you’ve slowly
cracked. You try so hard to help, to ease their pain. You forgot about yours. No, they forgot about yours. You’ve been through so much…” he whispered once again. I just stared at him. They needed my help more. “I’ve been watching you.” He said so quietly I almost didn’t hear him.

“I’ve noticed.” Was all I could come up with.

“Not always.” His hands slipped from my face and hand, and hooked behind my knees. Both of my hands flew to his strong shoulders as he lifted me. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and he slid his rough hands to my thighs. Ronnie walked forward and maneuvered his way out of the bus (still holding me). I rested my chin on his shoulder, and tightened my grip.

The night air consumed us, hot and muggy, making me hold him tighter. “I could walk you know…” I said softly to him. He squeezed my thighs lightly.

“Nah, I’m good.” Ronnie said in his distinctive voice. I buried my face into his neck, my nose hitting the base as my forehead laid against the soft flesh. He smelt like ax; it comforted me. Alex wore the same one, and it always comforted me.

Ronnie walked us until we reached his bus. He released one leg (and I compensated by holding tighter), and opened the bus door. All the lights were off, and he carried me to the back room. He laid us down on his bed (yes, he got the whole back room), and moved my leg so he wasn’t on top of it. “I’ve seen a lot.” He whispered. His minty breath fanned across my face. I looked at him; allowing my walls to break down.

Every ice cold brick cemented together with unshed tears (A.K.A. my heart) melted as I looked into his caring gaze. His strong fingers brushed dark hair from my face delicately. Tears, for the first time in years, dripped down my face. The salty traitors splashed on his arm as my bottom lip quivered. He pressed the pad of his thumb onto my lips, ceasing the tremble. “You’re breakable. Just so fragile. One tiny word can shatter you, yet you don’t let it show. You hold it all together, but you’re chipping away Princess. You won’t last long like this.” He ghosted his thumb away, and a small whimper escaped my lips. I gripped him harder and curled into him sobbing. It was all too much. All of it. Between my parents leaving, Alex leaving, the pressure of the touring life, all of the people. It was crushing.

He wrapped his arms tighter around me. “Hush my Princess.” He whispered as I slowly calmed down in his arms.

“P-P-Princess?” I stuttered through my gasping breaths.

“I’m going to be there for you. I’ll be there, I won’t leave until you make me, and I’ll stay even then. I’m the King, you’re my Princess.”

“King?”

“I’m the King of the Music Scene.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ThisKitty is the subject of this dedication! I know you said you didn't like Ronnie all that much, but I had it all leading up to him! So this is to you Darling!

A sequal is coming up next. Look out for that one! I'm thinking of calling it, "Changing the Girl." And making this a series called Changing. What do you think?

10 SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

Okay, fangirl moment here: MIRANDA AND HARRY FROM THE BRYANSTARS CREW READ MY TWEETS TO THEM! MIRANDA RETWEETED ONE AND HARRY REPLIED!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHEEEEPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING OUT STILL!

Follow me on Twitter: izzyjay5 this gives a lot of updates on how the story is going. I follow back also!

I love you all sososososososo soooooooo much! I hope you liked this! Can't wait to upload the next one!