Status: Completed 22/07/2013

Take Me Dancing

Oh a good man said

Chapter 1

“Kennedy!” I screamed frantically with tears surfacing my eyes. “Ken, call a doctor! He’s waking up!” I managed to squeak out. Kennedy bolted from the room yelling loudly for a doctor as I wiped tears from my eyes and leaned over Garrett’s hospital bed to see his crystal blue eyes blink open and look up at me confused.

“What’s going on?” He questioned, his voice harsh and raspy from not having anything to drink in almost a month.
“You were in a plan crash, baby” I whispered, chocking back the sobs that were desperate to escape from inside of me.
Garrett sent me one last questioning look before the doctor took my place and started asking him how he felt. Everyone started showing up at the hospital and I grinned as I stood in the hallway when my oldest boy, 3 year old Theodore Bryan Nickelsen, ran to me with a dimpled smile on his face. My youngest, 2 year old Zeno Ivory Nickelsen, was in Jared’s arms.
“Momma! Is Daddy otay!” He asked as Jared pulled me into a hung and whispered,
“Thank god” In my ear before handing me Zeno.
I nodded to Theodore and he hugged my legs peaking at the door that he had been in many times before.

The rest of the band showed up as well and the group of us stood in the hallway silently as the doctor examined Garrett again. I bit my lip hard, almost drawing blood, as Dr. Evans came walking out with a distressed look on his face.
“Mrs. Nickelsen?” He called. I readjusted Zeno on my hip, took Theodore’s hand and walked over to the doctor as everyone followed behind me.
“Yes?” I murmured firmly, trying to be strong for our sons.
The doctor sent little Theodore a small, uneasy smile and then looked at me with guilt written all over his features.
He shuffled slightly and asked, “Could we talk alone?” he motioned slightly to the two young boys attached me to and I nodded.
I kneeled down in front of Theodore, “Baby, can you take Zeno and go sit in one of those chairs over there? Momma has to talk to Daddies doctor, okay?”
Theodore’s face contorted into confusion before he nodded and took his little brothers hand and they both stumbled over to the waiting area.
I folded my arms over my chest nervously and nodded to Dr. Evans.
“I’m so terribly sorry but it seems that Mr. Nickelsen is suffering from brain damage,”
Before another word left his mouth I hunched over as sobs racked my body. John pulled me up and I clung to him as Pat rubbed by back soothingly, a look of shock on his face that matched the rest of the guys too.

When I finally calmed down the doctor spoke again, “It seems that the swelling on his brain caused him to loose some of his memory. We can’t tell how far back it goes, that will be for you guys to figure out, but we don’t know if it’ll be forever or just temporary. I’m sorry.,” He excused himself and I wiped the mascara from my cheeks, looking to my beautiful brown haired boys.

“We should go see him,” Jared whispered and I nodded. I told Theodore to stay put while I went in to check on daddy and one of the nurses said she’d keep an eye on them. I told her thank you and walked into the room where Garrett was smiling slightly and having a conversation with his band. He glanced at me and then to Kennedy,
“So…Where is Rachel?”

My breath caught in my throat as the room went silent and I closed my green eyes, begging for him to laugh and say, “just kidding,” but he didn’t. He sent me another confused glance and murmured quietly, “she’s not hurt is she? She wasn’t with us was she? I don’t know what I’m going to do…I love-,” I ran from the room before he could finish his rant.
I threw myself into a chair, ignoring our sons as they asked me why I was crying and if Daddy was okay. Sobs took over and Zeno tugged on my pants trying to crawl onto my lap as Theodore said he loved me and raced towards the hospital room that I had just came from across the hall.

“Untle Ken!” I heard him shout, “Somefing is wrong with Mommy!”
Kennedy said something that I couldn’t make out and he came hurrying out with Theo in his arms, his hand over Theo’s mouth. He sat the little boy down and told him not to go back into Garret's room. before he turned to me with a distraught look on his face.
"Jenni," Kennedy soothed, wrapping his arms around my hunched form. It was like I was in my own little world as he yelled for a nurse, telling her that I had severe asthma. She replied that I was in shock and after that I woke up in my own hospital bed groaning at the annoying heart monitor as it beeped constantly.

I felt for the button that would call a nurse and pressed it. With in minutes a young red-headed nurse with a name tag that said 'Julie' was asking me how I felt.
"Horrible," I murmured, remembering was had happened before I blacked out, "Do you know where my kids are?"
Julie smiled at me sweetly, "Yes. A man by the name of Jared took them home after a fight with a few doctors. He was eminent that he was their uncle. No one believed him, but I know who you are. You're Garrett Nickelsen's wife. Of course Jared is their uncle," She chuckled quietly and copied some numbers down on paper from the machine next to me.
"Thank you," I whispered, smiling a sad smile at her.
"No problem, Mrs. Nickelsen. Your boys are beautiful, I couldn't let child services take them until you woke up," Julie stood at the end of my bed and pointed to the small end table next to the bed near me.
"I brought you your phone. I figured you'd want to call someone to come and get you. They were here a few minutes ago," She murmured offhandedly, shrugging as well.
"Thank you," I said and reached for the cell phone, grimacing when I noticed the IV in my arm.

"Jenni! Are you okay?" Jared asked from the other line, his voice frantic.
"Yeah, I'm alright. Do you have Theofore and Zeno?"
"Um," He murmured shuffling on the other line, "No, I dropped them at Kennedy's. I'm actually here at the hospital. I didn't think it would be good for them to see you in a hospital bed since they had already seen their Daddy in one,"
My heart pounded, "Are you with Garrett right now?"
"I was, But I'm in the hallway now. I figured you'd want to be the one to tell him about you guys. He doesn't remember ever even meeting you. Although he was asking a lot about you. Theofore really freaked him out," Jared stated breathlessly and I nodded although I knew he couldn't see me. Julie smiled and walked out of the room.
"How so?"
Jared sighed from the other end of the call, "When you were having a panic attack Theo ran in screaming that something was wrong with you and then he turned to Garrett and was about to say something to him but Kennedy covered his mouth and pulled him from the room before he could,"
I closed my eyes and rested my head against the lumpy pillow, "He would of said 'daddy' and Garrett would've gone into shock as well," I murmured, raking my fingers through my dark hair.
"Theo was upset last night. He kept asking why he couldn't see Garrett,"
I groaned, tearing building in my eyes, "I'm so sorry," I cried.
"Don't worry," Jared said, "Everything will be okay eventually,"
I nodded to myself, "Eventually,"
♠ ♠ ♠
the-pursuitofbeing.tumblr.com