Status: Completed 22/07/2013

Take Me Dancing

No one can make it like you do

For the next couple of days I attempted to avoid Garrett, no matter how much my heart ached when I glanced at the pictures that were every where in the house. Zeno and Theodore had began acting anxious two days after Garrett was admitted to the hospital and eventually Jared and Kennedy showed up and forced me out of the house. The five of us ended up going to Wal-Mart.

This would be the first year that Garrett wasn't here to take Theo to day care. Garrett would be absent in the morning when Theodore would roll out of bed and come jump on ours. Garrett won't be there for breakfast where Theodore barely eats anything because he's nervous, no matter how much he denies it.

At Wal-Mart it was like I had four little boys to watch after instead of the two already rowdy ones that were racing around the store. Jared and Kennedy were constantly tossing things into the cart and running off before I could tell them to put it back. The four of them raced around, receiving strange looks from bystanders and other little kids.

"Jared!" I hissed as he ran down another toy isle with Zeno on his shoulders. Brian just turned and grinned before he continued on towards Kennedy and Theodore as they stood looking at a Super Soaker.
"Dats is so cool!" Theodore yelled, running his fingers over the green and purple plastic.
"Uh huh," Kennedy said, nodding his head, "Lets get it,"
Theodore grinned a dimpled smile up at the guitarist and nodded his head frantically.
"No," Jared murmured, only to get confused looks from the other three. Jared just smirked and pulled it from the shelf, "Let's get four,"
They all cheered as I shook my head and started tossing random things out of the cart, like the 'Rafael' Ninja Turtle Mask that Kennedy had dropped in as he and Theodore ran by.

"Guys!" I called to them as they walked up and down the isles one last time.
"Yeah, Momma?" Theodore replied from the row over.
I rolled my eyes at his innocence, "It's time to food shop. I said nothing about toys when your Uncles dragged us here,"
"Relax Jenni," Kennedy laughed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, "We're paying,"
I let out a chuckle and playfully shoved Kennedy away from me, "Not the point," I helped Jared get Zeno off of his shoulders and I set the two year old in the cart so I wouldn't have to worry about the quiet little boy running off with no one noticing.
Theodore called for Uncle Jared and Uncle Kennedy to hurry up and stop acting like kids as they pretended to shoot each other with the Super Soakers.
"Yeah Jare, stop acting like a kid," Kennedy remarked as he shoved the other guitarist, efficiently making Jared knock into a lady that couldn't be much younger then us.
Kennedy laughed loudly while Jared apologized, "Sorry. My friend here is an asshole,"
That only made Kennedy laugh louder as well as the boys. The blush on the woman's face told me that she was either a fan or she wouldn't mind Jared knocking into her again.
"It's okay," She stuttered heavily, pushing her red locks over her shoulder.
I grinned and stepped towards her, "So you're a fan, huh?" I asked, the grin still on my face as Jared and Kennedy both smirked.
"Uh," She murmured looking to the dirty floor, "Yeah. How'd you know?"
"I've seen a lot of fans, I just know," I told her as Kennedy pushed Jared back and stepped towards the intimidated young girl.
"Hi, I'm Kennedy Brock," I rolled my eyes as Kennedy's flirty side came out and Jared scoffed, picking Theodore up from the ground.
"Kennedy Brock has a girlfriend," I stated and Kennedy glared at me with a pout,
"I'm just trying to be nice!" He defended, raising his hands into the air in surrender.
I stuck my tongue out, "Well stop it,"
"Fine," Kennedy pouted, stepping back next to Jared.
"I'm Jared," Jared smiled politely, waving to her from where he stood. The girl nodded and offered a wave in return.
"I know who you guys are," She muttered, "I'm Naveah,"
The guys talked with her for another second and I disappeared as soon as she brought up the accident, asking if everyone was okay, and of course, they had to tell her that everyone made it out with only scratches.

Theodore, Zeno and I went over to the over crowded food section, fighting past parents who were trying to grab everything they could, as fast as they could and get out of the jungle. I held Theodore's hand as we dodged in and out of Mom's and children.
"Momma! I want that one!" Theodore shouted, pointing at a green and red apple "tis cool!"
I grinned and nodded to the exited three year old, "Go get it,"
A voice startled me from behind, "I'll be able to do this with my kid in a few years,"
I turned to face Kennedy with a genuine, happy smile, "Yeah, Ken. You'll have your own little baby to love,"
Kennedy nodded with a nervous smile, "I love my child already,"
"Of course you do," I murmured, resting my hand on the guitarist's shoulder as he watched my own little boy race over to the shelf that held the apple that he wanted.
"I can't wait to teach my kid everything that I know about guitar and music," Kennedy murmured, biting on his lip slightly, "It'll be beautiful, boy or girl, I don't care. As long as it's mine. I want to hold the baby in my arms and watch as he or she grows up to be everything that the child wants to be. I want to spend the rest of my life with Michelle in a house with a bunch of kids. I didn't grow up thinking about having a family, just being a rockstar, and now I can't take my mind off of the fact that in seven months I'll have my own family,"
I pulled Kennedy into a hug, my arms wrapped around his neck as he buried his head in mine and took deep breaths. I didn't have words to say to Kennedy, because experiencing your child growing up was just as amazing as realizing that you would have a baby to take care of soon enough. Kennedy's grip tightened on me as I felt warm tears hit my neck.
"Oh Ken," I cooed, tears coming to my own eyes as the man and I stood in the middle of Wal-Mart thinking about the future and all that was to come for the Brock Family, the Nickelsen Family, The Maine Family. It was only when Theodore ran over to us clutching the apple in both hands that Kennedy pulled away, wiping the salty moisture from his eyes, and picked the little boy up from the ground with an excited smile.
We met Jared at the front after we had checked out. He had the water guns in a bag and his keys in the other hand. The ride back was filled with laughter and knowing smiles between Kennedy and I. When Jared pulled up out front of our house and typed in the code, Kennedy hopped out of the car as well and held Zeno as I grabbed the three bags from the trunk, handing Theodore one as he ran by and up to the front door. Kennedy let Zeno run up to his older brother and grinned at me in 'thanks.'
"Hey Jenni?" He called as I began walking up the small path towards the front door.
I turned back to face with with a smile, "Yeah, Ken?"
"I'm going to get a gate around my house soon, too,"
I nodded, "That's a good idea, then you don't have to worry about fans and photographers coming into your yard when you are trying to play with your baby,"
"Yeah," Kennedy murmured, thinking about it, "I've only got a few months to get it done. A few months until I'm a father," He murmured after a minute, playing with his fingers as I nodded. He began to get back into the car when I called his name,
"Kennedy?"
He looked up at me with his liquid brown eyes holding happiness in the beautiful orbs, "Yeah?"
I let a smile take over my face as I spoke, "You're already a father,"
A grin spread over Kennedy's face as he nodded, "Yeah," He whispered, "Yeah,"
♠ ♠ ♠
The-pursuitofbeing.tumblr.com