Status: Completed 22/07/2013

Take Me Dancing

Give me thunder

Later that night I sat around in the living room with Zeno asleep on my chest and Theodore and Bryan asleep on the other couch as the credits of our third movie rolled on the screen. I sighed as the thoughts of Garrett crept into the front of my mind. I raked my fingers through Zeno's short auburn hair as I wondered how Matt was doing. I hadn't talked to Jared since the day before when he called to tell me to stop being irresponsible and that my husband needs me.
I bit my lip and shifted so that I could get up, leaving the two year old curled up on the couch. I walked quietly up the stairs, holding my breath when I passed my parent's room. I pushed open the door to my childhood bedroom and slowly, carefully, grabbed the charging phone from the nightstand.
I flipped it open and clicked through my contacts, stopping when I got to the number that I had memorized for the longest time.
'Garrett's Cell'
I ran my finger over the green button, biting as my thumb pressed it down quickly before I could change my mind. I sat down onto my bed with a sigh as the phone began to ring loudly in my ear, breaking the silence of the night.
"Hello?" Garrett's groggy voice asked from the other line and I silently cursed myself, noticing that it was basically four AM.
"Garrett?" I stuttered, picking at my finger nails as I heard quick shuffling from his end.
"Jenni!" Garrett shouted, "Where are you?" He asked frantically, breathlessly.
I swallowed hair and raked my fingers through my tousled hair, "I'm at my parents," I murmured quietly, "I'm sorry,"
I wiped the tears from my eyes as Garrett replied, "Don't be. I'm just... I'm just lost, right now," He got out in uneven words. His tone was heartbreaking as I laid back on the bright colored sheets, regulating my breathing.
"Garrett, I," I took another deep breath before I began to spill my heart out, "I love you. We were married years ago with all the guys and the girls. And a year later we had a son together, Theodore. You named him, you loved him and I know that you still do. Garrett," My tone was pleading as the tears fell rapidly from my eyes, "Garrett, I need you, I love you,"
I could hear sobs from Garrett's end of the phone and it broke my heart to hear the man that I fell in love with so long ago, so torn because he couldn't remember the people that love him more then anything.
"Jen, I'm sorry, I can't remember," Garrett whispered, "I can feel it, but I just don't have any memories,"
I cried loudly then, wishing that I could take all of his pain away and bury it deep inside myself so he would never hurt ever again. This was the very thing that I was afraid of when I decided that I'd let him figure it out on his own. I didn't want to hurt Garrett, ever.
"Gare?" I questioned quietly, waiting for his reply.
"Yeah?" Garrett answered, I could hear him roughly wiping his tears away.
"I'll be home tomorrow. Can you meet me at our house around noon?" I almost begged, holding the tears in my eyes, promising myself that I wouldn't cry anymore tonight.
"Of course," Garrett replied automatically.
I nodded to myself and closed my eyes, "I'll see you tomorrow, then,"
"Yeah. See you tomorrow, Jen,"
"Tomorrow," I concluded, closing my phone and placing it on the nightstand, becoming angry at myself for letting the tears race down my cheeks again.
Tomorrow I would face my demons, my fears, and tear the scars open in my heart so that maybe, just maybe, Garrett can find the love and memories that are resting in his own. Tomorrow morning I would leave behind my Mother, My Father, and my brother, for the man that I had done the same for so long ago.
I heaved myself from the bed and back downstairs. When I got into the familiar living room I flipped the t.v off and and pulled my youngest son into my arms as I laid back down on the floral couch, him on top of me.
I tugged my fingers through his thick hair with my eyes closed as I listened to him and his older brother breath loudly in their sleep.

My dreams were filled with colors and sounds that couldn't be pieced together if I tried. And when I woke up, it was because of the sun streaming in through the big bay window. I groaned quietly as I shifted, noticing that Zeno was still laying on me with his head in the crook of my neck.
I looked to the clock that was on top of the entertainment center. 10:24 glared back at me in harsh red letters. My eyes grew wide knowing that if we didn't get going we'd be late meeting Garrett back at the house.
"Baby," I murmured, sitting up, jolting Zeno awake, "We're going home,"
"Really?" Zeno asked sleepily, rubbing his green eyes.
I nodded and picked him up, placing him on my hip, "We're going to see Daddy,"
Zeno looked up at me with excitement in his eyes, "Daddy!" He shouted loudly, any tired bone in his body disappearing.
I grinned at him and he grinned back. I yanked him up from the couch and walked around the coffee table over to were my brother laid sprawled out of a matching couch. Theodore laid on the edge of the couch, his legs tangled with Bryan's. I chuckled and shook them until they both looked up to me, Bryan glaring, Theodore confused.
"We're leaving," I told them, Bryan's jaw dropped and he shook his head, wrapping his toned arms around Theodore
"Why? I like it here!" Theodore stated, a confused look on his face.
The grin on my face got wider as the worlds left my mouth and his own dimpled smile appeared on his features, "Daddy wants to see us,"
Theodore pushed Bryan off of him and stood in front of me, "Lets go!"
I laughed loudly, "Go up to the bedroom," I told him, pointing towards the stairs. Zeno wiggled out of my arms and followed after his brother. I watched Theo help his brother up the stairs and then disappear into the second door on the right.
My gaze then went to my brother who was now sitting up on the couch with a pout on his face.
I smiled and pushed my hand through his hair, "Aww, baby brother," I laughed, motioning for him to stand up. And he did, so I pulled him into a hug and for the first time since we were kids I saw Bryan Daniel Martin, not as the 20 year old man but as the little boy that was always stuck to my side, growing up.
"I'll miss you guys," He sighed, releasing me.
I nodded and placed my hand on his cheek, "I'll miss you too, but you can come down anytime you want, bring that girl friend of yours too,"
Bryan grinned before he kissed my cheek, "Go pack, I'll get Mom and Dad,"
It was then that I realized that it was saturday, I listened to Bryan and climbed the stairs. In my room Theodore and Zeno were sitting on the hardwood floor, leaning against the bed. They both grinned at me as I walked in.
It didn't take long to pack up the little bit of things that I had brought. So before I could realize it I was carrying the two year old down into the kitchen with Theodore's hand in my own.
"I'll miss you, Grandpa Will," Theodore murmured, hugging his grandfather's pajama clad legs.
"I'll miss you too, little man," My father murmured, pulling Theo into his arms and giving him a huge hug.
I then passed Zeno to him after he let go of Theodore who had latched himself to his uncle. After the boys said goodbye to everyone, it was my turn. I sighed as I gave my father a one armed hug, "I love you, Daddy," I murmured, kissing his cheek as he wrapped both his arms around me, tightly.
My father nodded before he spoke, "Make sure you come visit soon, bring Garrett next time,"
"Okay," I complied, biting my lip and turning to my brother who stood in the doorway next to my sons, "Come here, loser," I murmured, reaching out for Bryan.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped my own around his neck. "Come visit anytime," I told him, tightening my grip around the boy that I grew up with.
"I will," He agreed, wrapping his arms tighter around me as well. After a few seconds I pulled away and kissed my brothers cheek before I turned to my mother.
"Mom," I murmured, offering her a wave. She flattened her teal colored shirt and held her arms out for me. I walked into her arms and hugged my mom. It was almost awkward as I did so, so the hug was quick. I pulled away and turned to my boys, pulling Zeno back up into my arms. I grabbed the back pack with my free hand and swung it onto my back before I grabbed Theodore's hand and said my final goodbye's to my family before the boys and I were back on the highway and running late.