Status: Completed 22/07/2013

Take Me Dancing

give me lightning

I couldn't count how many times Theodore asked me if we were home yet. And every time my thoughts would be taken from the man that was surely already at our house, back to the traffic that plagued the Freeway.
The clock told me that I was running a lot later then I had expected. I sighed and reached for my cell phone, noticing that the traffic wasn't going any where soon.
"Jenni?" Garrett answered, his voice slightly concerned.
I nodded to myself as I replied, "Hey, We're running late. We are on the freeway, once these damned cars start moving we'll be home soon,"
Garrett clicked his tongue in agreement before we said "Goodbye," And hung up. I groaned as I endured the mid-afternoon traffic.
"Momma!" Theodore yelled loudly, trusting a CD towards me. I glanced at the case and then to my oldest son who sat in his booster seat, nodding his head vigorously.
"Okay," I murmured, pulling the familiar disk from the signed case and pushing it into the stereo system.
I was met with the sound of heavy guitar and drum beats and I turned the volume down so I wouldn't rupture an ear drum, and the boys began bouncing around in the back seat. I smiled to myself, letting all the nervousness sweep out of my body for just a moment, and then the song was over and it was onto the next.

I sang along quietly as the other cars began moving and I took a right, the last stretch home. We got through a few more songs before I was driving onto a street that I had rode on millions of times before. I bit my lip as I pulled into our driveway and typed in the code to the gate, seeing Garrett's car on the other side.
"Daddy's here!" Theo yelled, reaching up to look out of the window, Zeno doing the same.
And he was right, Garrett was sitting on the front steps, watching us as I pulled in next to his bright colored vehicle. As I turned the car off as Theodore starting pulling on the door handle and I silently thanked God for child-locks. I helped each of the boys out, my eyes on their father the whole time. Theo took off towards Garrett, screaming as loud as he could, "Daddy!"
Zeno looked to me then to Garrett and took off as well, running as fast as his little legs could carry him through the grass. Theodore threw himself onto his father and Garrett wrapped the little boy up in his tattooed arms, kissing his forehead and shutting his eyes.
When Zeno got to them, Garrett pulled the younger boy into the hug as well. I took a deep breath as I watched Garrett kneel down in front of his boys and pull them against him tighter.
I leaned over the drivers seat to grab the bag from the passengers side. I slammed the door just and began the short walk over to my boys, gathering all the courage that I could from deep inside of me. As I walked over Garrett stood up with both boys in his arms and looked to me with a huge smile on his face, an almost timid smile.
And as I stopped in front of him he leaned down and put the dark headed boys on the ground, not taking his beautiful hazel eyes off of me as he did so.
"Go inside, boys. I'll be right in," Garrett said in a raspy yet smooth voice.
Zeno and Theodore ran inside, leaving Garrett and I facing each other in a silent understanding. Garrett took a step forward then stopped, waiting for me to make the next move. All doubt disappeared from my mind as I raced forward and wrapped my arms around his neck, his own arms twisting around my waist he we held each other. I kissed his neck over and over again, feeling his own breath on mine. Garrett and I slowly, reluctantly pulled away until he stood less then an inch in front of me with his hands on my hips. My own hands rested on his jaw as he leaned in slowly.
"I want to try something," He whispered, his warm breath hitting my lips and making me shutter.
I nodded slightly, feeling a powerful emotion rise inside of me.
Then his mouth was on my own. This kiss was raw and it seemed barely familiar. I couldn't place the emotion that was roaring inside of me as his tongue ran over my bottom lip. He brought his hand up to rest on my cheek as my arms wrapped around his neck and brought him closer. I let my fingers run over the soft locks that sat on his head. Both of Garrett's hands pulled my face closer to his as he deepened the kiss. I couldn't hold in the moan as he bit my lip. His tongue clashed with my own again and again as his ran inside of my mouth, searching for something that could only be found inside himself. And too soon Garrett pulled back and rested his forehead on mine, panting slightly.
"Jen," He whispered, looking deeply into my eyes. Disappointment swam in his own hazel orbs.
"Don't fret, Gare," I murmured, placing a chaste kiss to his lips, "I'll come back to you soon enough,"
Garrett shook his head, his hair tickling the top of my forehead, "Soon enough would be right now. I can feel that we've done all this before, I just don't have any recognition of it,"
"I know," I nodded and pulled away, my gaze instantly shooting to the living room window, "You've got two little boys waiting for you," I announced, chuckling as Theodore ducked down and then got back up to pull Zeno from in front of the curtains.
"I don't want this to stop, yet," Garrett murmured, pulling me back to him and connecting our lips again, making a fire ignite in the pit of my stomach. A fire that I hadn't felt in about four months.
I caught up with my thoughts before they could seep out of my mind and pushed Garrett away by his shoulder, "Garret," I chuckled, "This is never going to end," I pulled the silver chain out from underneath my grey shirt and unclasped it. The silver ring slid onto my palm and I reached out with my right hand and grabbed Garrett's left. I didn't meet his gaze as I slid the ring onto his third finger, "We're married," I whispered, looking up abruptly into his blue eyes as they gleamed with happiness.
Garrett pulled me to him, his left hand tangling into my pale hair. I kissed him back with as much fiery until he pulled away, "Married," He hummed, opening his eyes, a smile resting in them, happily.

I took Garrett by the hand and led him into our house, the memories of us evident on the walls as we entered the living room right away, our two young boys rushing over and holding onto their recently absent father for dear life as he did the same for them. I grinned and made my way past them.
"Where are you going?" Garrett asked as I wandered up the stairs.
I turned to face him with a smile and a shrug, "To get the memories,"
Garrett, the boys and I sat on the couch the rest of the night going through their baby books and photo albums. Eventually Garrett and I took the boys up to bed and for the first time in awhile Garrett sang them both to sleep as I stood in the doorway watching. Garrett carried Theodore while he slept, to his own bed and then turned to face me where I stood in the hallway, blocking the light from reaching Theodore's bed. Garrett shut the door behind him and pulled me into his arms, my back against his chest.
"What now?" I asked, leaning up to kiss his jaw.
A smirk took over his features and he raised his eyebrows, "I have an idea,"
I held the smirk back as I shook my head, ignoring the look of determination on his face. "No," I stated, pulling away from him, "I'm not going to take advantage of you, Garrett,"
Garrett rolled his eyes and reached for my hand, tugging me towards our room as I tried to go the opposite way, downstairs.
"Please Jen?" He begged, getting down on his knees in front of me.
"No," I murmured, attempting to walk away, just to have him grab my wrist again.
"Please Jen," He begged, "Please, take advantage of me!"
I groaned and closed my eyes, trying to wipe the image of that puppy-dog look that rested on his features.
"Please?" He asked again, tugging me back towards him.
I sighed and groaned again before I answered, trying to hide the smirk in my voice, "Fine,"
Garrett smirked and got up, tugging me towards our room. I laughed as he threw me down onto the bed and crawled on top of me, his knees straddling my hips.