Scandalous!

one

"I'm not having this!" She shrieked in totally hysterics waving an open magazine in the face of a tall dark haired man who was looking at the hysterical girl rather hopelessly as tears filled her eyes once more.

"It's not fair! I'm being hounded I can't even step outside of my flat without having shit like this happen to me!"

She never swore and having just uttered one of those words that your grandmother raises her eyebrows at, just showed how dramatic and serious this calamity was.

"Lynn you need to clam down." The man tried to reassure her.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do Gabe! And especially don't you dare tell me to calm down!"

Lynn sank defeated onto the edge of the expensive cream couch that had been purchased only two and a half weeks ago with the person whom the enfolding drama was centered on.

Gabe remained standing and moved to the window of the penthouse apartment that was situated in the center of Chicago and had cost a small fortune.

Five storeys below on the sidewalk, a surprisingly large crowd of people had gathered each baring a camera.

Gabe sighed and moved away from the window.

"They're still there." He offered rather half heartedly, hoping not to say anything to set Lynn off again.

"I know they're still there!" Lynn snapped glaring at Gabe. "They've been there since yesterday and they're not going to leave until there's another picture to sell to another freaking gossip magazine."

The tears started up again and Lynn buried her face in her shaking hands.

"As if this isn't bad enough already," she wailed into her hands. "But oh no I have a paparazzi crowd camped out on my doorstep."

Distractedly she ran her hand through her long black hair and caught some of it on a princess cut diamond engagement ring.

She froze for a couple of seconds and then proceeded to yank the ring off her finger and it was to Gabe's utter surprise that she did not dislocate her ring finger by doing so.

"I'm so pathetic I'm still wearing this thing." She was still crying, and dramatically Lynn threw the glimmering ring across the room, it landed in some far off corner and would be sucked up by the vacuum cleaner of the maid who came to clean the penthouse every Wednesday.

Gabe sighed again and sat down next to Lynn putting a hand on her arm supportively.

"You need to breath, relax and just think this through ok?" He tried to reason democratically.

"What's there to think through Gabe?" Lynn asked getting hysterical again. "There's nothing to think about. Pete and me are done. Finished. Over. The engagement is off and so are any future plans that we had."

"Lynn..." Gabe began but didn't get far.

"I know he's your best friend and all but I'm not putting up with that asshole and his antics anymore. I've had enough." Lynn got up defiantly and walked into the bedroom that she had shared with Pete. Once inside she pulled down a suitcase from the top of one of the numerous wardrobes. She began to pile this full with what were left of Pete's possessions, she tossed them in carelessly and without any new emotions rising up in her.

Whilst Lynn was ransacking the wardrobes Gabe picked up the magazine that she had been waving in front of his face hysterically just under fifteen minutes ago.

A massive picture adorned a double page. It was one of Lynn walking out of the apartment block towards her parked car, the hood of her grey hoodie pulled up, massive sunglasses covering her face, but tears tracks were visible. Her car keys were in her left hand and with her right hand Lynn had attempted to pull the hood even further into her face to shy away from the camera.

The title underneath read:

'Seven minutes of heaven over for Wentz'

Gabe grimaced at the awful choice of title but carried on reading regardless.

'It has now become clear that Pete Wentz will not be having 'a ring around his finger' but instead a 'ringing in his ears'. His girlfriend of four years Lynn Maxwell to whom Wentz proposed to, almost half a year ago, called it quits last Monday after rumours of Wentz's infidelity were proven true. A massive bust up proceeded with Wentz being thrown out of the shared penthouse that the couple bought three years ago in the centre of Chicago.

The distraught Lynn was pictured leaving the apartment some twenty minutes later before driving to a friend's and spending the night there.'


A friend's.

That friend being Gabe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is much appreciated <3