Scandalous!

ten

"She ran away from me!"

To say that Gabe was shell shocked would be to tell a lie.

At present he was sat on his hotel bed with his sidekick clutched to his ear to take in the advice of his good friend William.

"So run after her!" Will implored.

"But I mean literally she ran away, I told her I loved her and she legged it."

"Not the effect you were hoping for?" William asked with a humours tone striking a cord in his voice

"I expected her to sort of fall into my arms like in the films…" Gabe tailed of.f

"You my friend have a lot of work to do," Will said honestly.

- - -

Lynn Maxwell was stood in Times Square at eight o'clock in the evening.

All around her people were moving, the hustle and bustle of New York drifted past her and she stayed still as people marched past her, determination and drive marking every step they took.

She didn't know why she was here. A text message from Gabe saying to meet her at eight was the only reason why she was here. Puzzled she stood on the sidewalk, wondering about the strange choice of rendezvous and anxiety hitting her like a tidal wave in the stomach, knocking all sense out of her.

"You know I'd been expecting all sorts of reactions from you, but running away from me was not one of them," came the half-hearted voice from behind Lynn.

She slowly spun on her Miu Miu heels to face the man that had caused such confusion in her life, as well as a hysterical crying session that had last from eleven in the evening to five in the morning.

"I'm sorry I just… panicked." Lynn said truthfully, averting her eyes to the pavement on which so many people had trodden.

"Why? Surely my feelings for you weren't that ground breaking?

"Gabe I…" Lynn attempted to bring words out that she had been rehearsing during her sleepless night, but they wouldn't come.

"Look Lynn, I'm just about was good with words as you are but I came all the way to New York to get you. What are you doing still hesitating Lynn? Here we are in New York after a crazy and stupid dance of ignorance and yet you're still the most single important thing in my life. You're still the brightest thing in my life, even brighter than times square. Pete would have never done or said any of this."

It was a thought that was not completely new to Lynn. During her emotional release in which she managed to make her way through two boxes of Kleenex, Lynn went over every single moment of her relationship with Pete. If something had gone wrong she had always turned to Gabe. He was the one thing that was constant and stable in her life. He was the one who found the small ways to make her happy, the little things in life that matter so much more than the pompous and material things.

Gabe had showed that he cared in a way that Pete had never been able to.

Seeing him standing before her in his skinny jeans, that stupid purple hoodie and the insolently bright Nike high tops that she had bought him for his birthday years ago, she realised that she need look no further.

He was here. That was all that mattered.

Four weeks later Lynn was in town with Gabe, both were blissful in each others company and their hands were closely linked as they walked past a news agents stand.

They were worthy of a sub headline this time, with the rest of their story, plus two large coloured pictures continuing on page 6.

"So hum hallelujah!

The smile is back on Lynn Maxwell's face. Not only did the launch of her independent fashion line during Chicago fashion week attract the likes of Gwen Stefani and Kate Moss to the show, but she took the final bow with her new boyfriend Gabe Saporta, the brain child behind Midtown and Cobra Starship. Find out more on page 7!"


The papers may carry all the scandal and all the gossip, but the glossy magazine pages which are avidly absorbed by so many people every single day can never bring true feelings across.

Gossip remains gossip and nothing is ever as good as the real thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

Hope you like it.

Last comments are much appreciated!