Scandalous!

two

Gabe had been the first to hear about it before anybody else had even read about it.

She had knocked on Gabe's door in the same hysterical fit, as she had been in just a while ago.

What made the whole situation even worse was that Gabe had known all long that it would come to this.

He knew what Pete had been doing and had often told him to stop and that he had a perfect girl friend who would do anything for him. Pete had grinned that insolent grin that he always seemed to fixate on his face when he knew that he was in was the wrong but enjoyed being in that situation, so long as it did not escalate.

Which it did.

It was partly selfish relief and also a sense of 'ha I told you so' that flooded through Gabe when he heard that a picture of Pete and a mystery brunette had leaked onto the internet and gossip columns. It meant that he didn't have to tell Lynn himself and so it meant that she would never know that her best friend was lying when he said he didn't know where Pete was.

Pete and Gabe were best friends, but sometimes Gabe hated Pete because he had that what he never could have and he refused to value or treasure it.

Gabe sighed and threw the magazine on the coffee table, not wanting to read on.

Just as he had done so, Lynn came back into the living room dragging behind her a massive suitcase.

Gabe raised his eyebrows questioningly but before he could say anything Lynn cut across him.

"You know where Pete's staying right?" Lynn demanded.

Gabe only dared to nod, not wanting to raise the temper of an already emotional, and most likely hormonal, female.

"Good. Well give him this." She said pushing the suitcase in front of Gabe. "It's the last of his stuff."

Lynn then proceeded to pick up the magazine and ceremoniously began to shred it into fluttering fragments of glossy paper, which she then scooped them up and dumped in the kitchen bin.

She breathed a sigh of relief.

"Much better." She said slightly breathlessly and sank down on the sofa next to Gabe, resting her head on his shoulder.

"So what you doing to do now?" Gabe asked distractedly staring at the suitcase, wondering how on earth he was going to get it into his car.

"Go shopping." Lynn simply said with the beginnings of a grin.

Gabe turned at looked at her quizzically.

"Pete left his credit card here." Lynn said, a full-blown grin now playing on her face and her brown eyes were glittering again. But this time not with tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback and comments are much appreciated. <3