Scandalous!

three

'Nobody puts baby in the corner.

Especially not Lynn Maxwell, the ex girlfriend/fiancé of media darling and bass player of the pop punk group Fall Out Boy: Pete Wentz. She was spotted indulging in some serious retail therapy on the Chicago High street yesterday, just four days after her break up with Wentz, in the company of a tall dark haired mystery man – rumoured to be the friend who's home she sought refuge in after the emotional break up. Continued on page 6.'


Gabe was lying when he said 'I don't even read what that papers gotta say about me'.

He was in the corner store, three minutes walk from his apartment, in the process of buying a bottle of milk and some frozen pizza when the title page of People magazine caught his eye, where there was a mention of Lynn and a small photograph on the left hand column.

Lynn hadn't quite made the title page again, but pictures of her walking along side Gabe, a smile on both their faces, and with numerous shopping bags in their hands, could be found on page four.

Gabe cringed when he read the sentence 'in the company of a tall dark haired mystery man'

Ryland was gonna love that.

Gabe sighed, put the magazine back on the rack and paid for the milk and pizza.

He had told her it wasn't a good idea to go out shopping when a massive camp of photographers were waiting outside the apartment block. But Lynn shrugged it off with a small laugh and reached for her bag and Pete's credit card. Gabe felt obliged to accompany her to make sure that a) nothing went wrong and b) to try and prevent Pete from having too much of a shock when he got his next credit card bill as Lynn threatened to take the card to Chanel and go crazy there.

Three and a half hours, five pairs of shoes, three dresses, six shirts and two pairs of jeans later Lynn and Gabe collapsed into the chairs in a fancy but homely Italian restaurant.

Whilst they were waiting for their food to arrive Gabe was trying to remember how Lynn and Pete had even met in the first place.

It was probably around the time when 'From Under The Cork Tree' had just been released and when Pete had gotten more involved in all the Decaydance and Fueled by Ramen things that Gabe had dragged Lynn to one of those parties.

Gabe and Lynn had been friends for a while. She went to a Midtown show a couple of years back and got talking to Gabe. They stayed in close contact and she helped him with his transition from Midtown to Cobra Starship, always having been a fan of more dance music than straight edged rock.

So to do her a favour Gabe took her to the Decaydance party that Pete had organised in Chicago.

Despite her confident appearance Lynn was never a fan of being thrust into the limelight, something that became inevitable once you had any association with a famous star not matter how bright or dim they shined. You were always going to get dragged into something.

Lynn, from the minute that she stepped into the room, had everybody cooing over her. Wearing a yellow dress that not many people could pull off and walking into the room with Gabe gave her bonus points.

"So you're Lynn." Pete said with his trademark white toothed grin. "From what I've heard you have quite a weakness for band boys." He said shot Gabe a quick but obvious look.

Lynn so far was far from impressed. The surname Wentz didn't mean much to her, and so what if it did?

"Well from what I hear, you're mouth is bigger than what you've got going for you downstairs."

Gabe chocked on his drink and had to turn away from Pete to try and contain his laughter. The people who had been stood around Lynn, Pete and Gabe were all grinning and some were laughing openly.

"I like this girl already." Pete said with a laugh to a now far more composed Gabe, as he took Lynn by the elbow and lead her to the bar to buy her a drink

And from there the train crash began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is love, spread the love <3